[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Arrow is a pretty cool guy. What are some of his essential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Green_Arrow.png (81 KB, 330x248) Image search: [Google]
Green_Arrow.png
81 KB, 330x248
Green Arrow is a pretty cool guy. What are some of his essential readings?
>>
>>80640458
Arrow season 3
>>
>>80640458
Just check out the first two seasons of Arrow.
>>
>>80640458
Green Lantern Green Arrow
Longbow Hunters
Grell's run.
>>
>>80640593

Lemire/Sorrentino is pretty great too. Shame they both left the book immediately afterwards and none of the plot threads from it got developed in any meaningful way.
>>
>>80640567
>>80640583
>encouraging people to watch Arrow at all
Fuck off. Its more Batman than Green Arrow at its best
>>
>>80640658
Mine was an obvious joke. Not sure about the other guy. Think he was serious.
>>
>>80640678

First two seasons aren't terrible and have some redeeming values to them, but the best Green Arrow comics are leagues better than anything the tv show has done.
>>
>>80640698
Im willing to bet the reason people give the first 2 seasons such praise is that the later seasons are so terrible by comparison and they just respond better to the Nolan style tone
>>
>Longbow Hunters
>Year One
>Grell's Run
>Green Lantern/Green Arrow
>Quiver
>New 52 Lemire Run
>>
>>80640747

No I genuinely enjoyed the second half of season 1 and most of season 2. Season 3 drove me off because it mishandled so much of what was built in S2 and S3 didn't learn anything new from those mistakes.
>>
>>80640583
I watched season one and while I didn't dislike it here wasn't enough to make me come back. At times it felt like a chick show with the painful drama and non stop shirtless men.
>>
>>80640747
Weren't the first two seasons adapting Year One, or taking influence from it?
>>
Year One
O'Neil/Adams GL/GA
The Golden Year(Hard to find tho)
Longbow Hunters
Grells Run
Smiths Run
Lemire/Sorrentino Run
>>
>>80644777
Has Smith written anything good outside of his Arrow run? I really liked Quiver, but his Batman is pretty derided around here, and noone talks about his Daredevil.
Also, checked for truth.
>>
Grell RUN. Nuff said, it is the high point of the series and is the definitive run of the character.
>>
Is it necessary to read anything before Vol 4 of Green Arrow in the New52? I heard most of it wasn't very good until Lemire started writing.
>>
>>80645175
Not at all. They cover aspects of his origin in the story but if you really wanna read his origin beforehand there's the Secret Origins bit Lemire did
>>
>>80645198
How about the rest, after Lemire?
>>
>>80645385
Skip Kreisbergs god awful run and try Percys run, see if it clicks with you.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.