[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: Disney Ages.jpg (570 KB, 1034x1835) Image search: [Google]
Disney Ages.jpg
570 KB, 1034x1835
Is this accurate?
>>
>>80640133
No because princess and the frog should be part of the Renaissance, while meet the Robinsons should be at the totally underrated age
>>
>>80640133
>Not renaming bronze age to furry age
>Not renaming golden age to deviantart age
>>
>>80640133
>>80640341

I'd yes except for Princess and The Frog, it was actually good. But I'm in Louisiana so it just hit all the right cords for me playing on New Orleans.

But other than that, it's actually spot on. I just wish we'd get more 2d instead of 3d stuff.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (565 KB, 1034x1835) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
565 KB, 1034x1835
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>80640341
>>80640467
>>80640715

Didn't like Princess and the Frog at all. Bolt was much better.
>>
>>80640715
i don't hate Princess and the Frog, but Tangled is what got Disney out of their animation dark age
>>
>>80640133
I actually think Meet the Robinsons is a surprisingly good movie, but breaking up that period just for that would be dumb, so I agree.
>>
>>80641028

I think Princess and the Frog was their precursor to that though. It was the first movie that seemed like a step in the right direction and is probably what encouraged Tangled.
>>
fantastia isn't overrrated. it's literally disney's best movie, whether you agree or not.
>>
>>80641207
I think it's meant more of a "These are okay to good movies" rather than "They don't make them like they used to. Old is the best!"
>>
>>80641207

I never "got" Fantasia. Some of the segments are nice, but others are just plain dull. I always suspected you must be stoned to fully enjoy it.
>>
File: 1380673484017.png (33 KB, 349x359) Image search: [Google]
1380673484017.png
33 KB, 349x359
>people putting Princess and the Frog in with the 2000s films

I swear to fucking god you people wouldn't know a good movie if it was attacking your face.

>>80641028
You must not have been invested in animation in the mid-2000s. Disney buying Pixar and John Lasseter taking control over the animation department is what got them out of their animation dark age- it directly resulted in Bolt (this was a late-stage director replacement, and wasn't really the focus), followed up by a huge fanfare about Princess and the Frog & Tangled, both as part of a renewed, less cynical and more earnest Disney. You can't have one without the other when talking about a modern Disney revival. Princess and the Frog may not have made as much money as Tangled, but it sure as hell got critics back on Disney's side and prepped pop culture for accepting a new Disney film as anything other than trash.
>>
>>80640133
Implying that there's anything bad about Princess and the Frog and Bolt.
>>
File: nope-timon.gif (1 MB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
nope-timon.gif
1 MB, 600x352
>Dinosaur underrated
Can't rate that movie low enough.
>>
>>80641207
I got you senpai

The question is, which is best? My brain says Sorcerer's Apprentice, my heart says Nutcracker Suite, and my soul says Toccata and Fugue. But overall, I can never decide.
>>
>>80642724

What's the big problem?
>>
>>80642639
>I swear to fucking god you people wouldn't know a good movie if it was attacking your face.

PatF is god tier until they start wandering around in a swamp for an hour.
>>
>>80640133
>Sleeping Beauty
>101 Dalmatians
>anything but pure gold
What's wrong with you?
>>
>CG shit
>Renaissance
>>
I'd personally go:
>Learning to walk Age
>Budget Age
>Silver Age
>Bronze Age
>Reused Plots Age
>Gotta Stay Relevant Age
>Dark Age
>Assembly Line Age
>>
>>80643686

Sleeping Beauty has great animation, but it's a really generic fairytale. 101 Dalmatians is better, but nothing special.
>>
>>80643686
The ages are named after their average "quality". A movie isn't necessarily bad because it's in the Dark Age Tier, just like a movie isn't necessarily good because it's in the Golden Age Tier.
>>
>>80643771
Sleeping Beauty's art direction is phenomenal.

101 Dalmatians has the best animation of any Disney movie.
>>
>>80640133
>"Renaissance"
>>
Bolt was pretty gud.

Brother Bear started actual dark age.
>>
golden-bronze age usually refers to time periods, not quality. Golden age simply refers to the oldest age, and iron age being the youngest. This is basic historical knowledge, get yourself together.
>>
File: under the bed.gif (990 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
under the bed.gif
990 KB, 480x360
>>80640133
>Fantasia
>overrated

UnderageFag spotted.
>>
>>80643926

Easily the most overrated Disney movie.
>>
>>80643892
Are you being serious right now? Do you seriously believe that the term The Bronze age is used the same as The Golden Age, and that there actually is a time period called the Golden age?
>A golden age is a period in a field of endeavor when great tasks were accomplished. The term originated from early Greek and Roman poets, who used to refer to a time when mankind lived in a better time and was pure
>>
File: Say_wot_m8.gif (426 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Say_wot_m8.gif
426 KB, 400x300
>>80640919
>Claims Bolt was better than Princess and the Frog.

So are you a racist, Anti- Southern or Classic Americana dweeb, or just tasteless?
...I think some inner retrospection is necessary before you answer.
>>
File: oooOH_SHIT(cat).gif (1 MB, 396x361) Image search: [Google]
oooOH_SHIT(cat).gif
1 MB, 396x361
>>80643765
...damn. T'was mean, but damn.
>>
File: mnmnu.jpg (54 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mnmnu.jpg
54 KB, 500x281
>Bolt in Dark Ages
>MFW
>>
>>80643943
The cool thing about Fantasia is how it's an artistic experiment the likes of which disney has kind of lost touch with. That said, if you're not a total geek about music or animation it can be a tad boring (albeit very pretty)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.