[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they could get Spider-Man, why couldn't they get Daredevil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4
File: dd.jpg (121 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
121 KB, 720x480
If they could get Spider-Man, why couldn't they get Daredevil too? Daredevil has just as much as a presence in Manhattan as Spidey does. I'm gonna be pissed off if he doesn't even get a fucking name drop in Civil War. Spidey isn't the only hero running around NYC beating the fuck out of thugs.
>>
>>80635996
he didn't see the memo
>>
>>80635996
My guess is he might be in Infinity War. AFTER The Defenders Netflix streaming series.
>>
>>80635996
The TV shows and the movies don't have anything to do with each other.

They're made by different people.

It's a miracle that Spider-Man is in an MCU movie anyway.
>>
Movie people are different people

they don't work with the TV people at all
>>
>>80635996
TV and movies are going to be totally separate beyond lip service.
>>
>>80636246
>It's a miracle that Spider-Man is in an MCU movie anyway.
This, the fact that spider-man managed to appear in a Marvel Cinematic Film when the rights didn't expire for Sony is for lack of a better term amazing.
>>
>>80635996
Think Infinity War is Netflix + Guardians + Avengers, but holy shit, Spider-Man is one of the top three most popular superheroes of all time. Daredevil is a guest on his animated series.
>>
>>80635996
/co/: The only place who is this autistic
>>
>>80635996
Heres the thing, the actor actually has a clause in his contract that does require him to star in a movie if the need arises. That said, I think Daredevil and co could transition better than the clusterfuck that is AoS. You would think theyd at least name drop Matt and Frank given the political issue being addressed in Civil War
>>
>>80636314
I don't know about "AMAZING".

Maybe, "SPECTACULAR" fuck up.
They clearly didn't know what to do with Spiderman and are so fucking desperate to build that brand into a larger scale cash grab that I'm willing to bet they would have done almost anything to keep interest in the name going while they retool.
>>
>>80636246
yeah no your right, Agent of Shield has never connected with the Movies.
RIGHT GUYS?
> being this oblivious
>>
Spidey at this time is a young, naive kid who'd jump at the call to fight alongside the Avengers. Daredevil has no interest in their missions and has enough on his plate protecting Hell's Kitchen. Not every superhero has to be an Avenger.
>>
>>80636189
Underrated
>>
>>80635996
why would Ironman care about some blind fuck who patrols a few city blocks
>>
>>80637042
As a manlet, Iron Man should be sympathetic to other physically disabled heroes.
>>
Daredevil can't play at this level of the game, at best he'd be on the level of Black Widow without her tech level or Hawkeye without his range.

He'd be entirely outmatched and he's got his own shit to deal with with the rampant ninja infestation in Hell's Kitchen, Matt wouldn't give a steaming fuck about Civil War.
>>
>>80636726
Yeah with that animated Spidey film and non-MCU film in development, it looks like they're trying to bolster the Spider-man brand and then cash in with movies which make them money they don't need to share with Marvel Studios
>>
>>80637042
He wouldnt. But given the unchecked vigilantism thing Ross might be annoyed by the noise Frank and Matt stir in Hells Kitchen. NY has seen enough
>>
Matt Murdock wasn't even in Civil War. He was in prison. Iron Fist was running around pretending to be him during.
>>
>>80637135
I bet he could beat up black widow. She's just a woman who knows karate and he's fought mystical ninjas. He's also pretty much dodged gunfire.
>>
>>80636797

Agents of shield is a tie in for the movie event. It's completely one way and may as well not exist for 95% of Marvels fans. I've never watched it and don't feel like I'm missing anything that will ultimately matter. The movies will never reference it
>>
File: 1457538295578.jpg (168 KB, 1812x892) Image search: [Google]
1457538295578.jpg
168 KB, 1812x892
>>80636189
>>
File: 1312624084210.jpg (68 KB, 350x333) Image search: [Google]
1312624084210.jpg
68 KB, 350x333
>>80637313

Why have I never seen this before
>>
>>80637216
Iron Man 3 was pretty 1 sided with the other movies too but that doesn't stop it from existing in the same universe.
>>
>>80637206

>just a woman who knows karate

She seems to be the single most talented agent SHIELD has outside of Cap. She's basically his XO in the field.

And even if their skills are comparable her tech angle would take Matt out.

>>80637179

>Ross might be annoyed by the noise Frank and Matt stir in Hells Kitchen

Ross cares about small countries being lifted into the sky and the MCU equivalent of the Pentagon being crushed by falling Helicarriers. There's no way he fucking cares about a guy in red underoos fighting a local crime lord even with all the media attention it got.
>>
>>80637206
She's a woman who's defeated trained special ops and beat them easily. Daredevil so far has fought one ninja and he only survived it because of a miracle. Not to say he won't get stronger or that it is unrealistic, but MCU Widow so far is stronger than MCU Daredevil.
>>
>>80637379
Daredevil can dodge gunfire and she can't. I don't really think she's done much that someone like Agent May couldn't do.
>>
He got one punched by a old Chinese woman, cut up by one red ninja, struggled to beat a retard, and almost got beat by a fat fuck with daddy issues in a alleyway
He is pretty much only good at street level shit
>>
>>80635996
Because Daredevil sucks for the most part.
>>
>>80637490
Just because the Daredevil fights are more impressive, doesn't mean he's stronger, though.

There is an internal logic that should rank him below Widow, mostly because of their positions in the world (top spy vs rookie ninja).
>>
>>80637313
Fuck im going to hell, I cracked up laughing. The blind bastard looks so happy typing gibberish
>>
>>80637657

>There is an internal logic that should rank him below Widow, mostly because of their positions in the world (top spy vs rookie ninja).

I would agree if he didn't have superhuman senses and reflexes. She has more skill, but he can just move faster and has more finely tuned senses.
>>
>>80637796

>superhuman skill and reflexes

I mean she might have those too, it's kind of hard to tell wither her super-skills are just action-movie logic or actually due to something else.
>>
>>80637657
He's a man thus naturally stronger, faster and has better cardio than Widow. AND he has super senses. The internal logic dictates he beats her ass 9/10.
>>
>>80637796
I think he has the potential for sure, but not the experience. Widows' been at it since she was born almost. Maybe even May/Ward/Mockingbird, with the internal logic I was talking about.

They fight world-class threats with a lot of different weapons and techniques, and matt mostly fights mobsters and one ninja. He'll get there.

>>80637882
Not movie strong-woman logic, that's for sure.
>>
>>80637850
Pretty sure if she did the Winter Soldier wouldn't have slapped her shit so easily when she had the upper hand.

At any rate no one has said anything about her being enhanced in any way. We might as well speculate that Nick Fury was enhanced and that's how he survived being shot.
>>
>>80635996
Daredevil is NOT in the MCU
>>
Daredevil is still an underground vigilante when Civil War rolls around and is probably only spoken of regarding his involvement in Fisk's arrest. Presumably, DD S2 will involve him becoming more of a public figure as he deals with Frank.
>>
>>80638085
Yeah, but the MCU is in Daredevil so they're clearly part of the same world.
>>
>>80635996
Hmm, I'm recruiting for a big super hero war. Who should I recruit? The guy with webs like a spider and the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a spider or a blind guy whose super power is that he can see really good?

Decisions, decisions.
>>
File: may1.jpg (209 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
may1.jpg
209 KB, 400x600
>>80637379
>seems to be the single most talented agent SHIELD has outside of Cap.
>>
For anyone interested here's a review that came out today by RAZORFIST for Soule's first issue. Warning: He's a Marvel shill of the highest caliber, but he despises Mark Waid and what he did with Daredevil more than anyone else on the planet so he gets a pass from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkB8LU1EtU
>>
>>80637490
Uh ... she can dodge the Hulk and that is more impressive.
I think you just hate her because she is a strong woman and you feel threatened by her
>>
>>80638154
Agent May is really combat specialized. She might beat widow in a straight fistfight but Widow carries more tech and seems to be better at manipulation, subterfuge, and infiltration.
>>
>>80638206
Do the hulk's fists move faster than bullets in the MCU? And she never dodged him. She avoided him for like a minute by running down a hallway that was too small for him and even then Thor had to save her. Daredevil could probably do a better job at avoiding the Hulk with parkour.
>>
>>80638206

????????

>>80638154

What >>80638238 said.
>>
>>80638314
Ugh ... see?
You just want to hate on Black Widow just "because"
Come back when you have a really strong argument that isn't "I hate women"
*closes thread and breathes slowly*
>>
>>80638206
When exactly did she doge the hulk? If you're talking about Avengers Hulk was pushing her shit in until Thor saved her ass
>>
>>80638411
I like Wanda though. I'm not salty that a woman is on the team, I'm salty that Widow took Wasp's spot as founding female.
>>
>>80638411
Vash you're being a faggot, but your general idea is right. Black Widow is more skilled then DD, she's fought Aliens Warriors and mini ultrons while DD has only fought common criminals in the MCU.
>>
>>80637439
I hate this because scarjo doesn't look intimidating at all Cox would beat the fuck out of her irl
>>
If Daredevil were in this shitfest of a movie I'd watch it.

But the series is so good and different in tone compared to the terrible MCU crap they chug out, it'd be really clashing.
>>
>>80638472

That's not me m8, someone seems devastated any time I defend a female character on /co/ and pulls that shit.
>>
>>80638455
See?
If misoginy takes control of your life you need help dude ...
>>80638472
Please don't use homosexual derogatories but yes, I am always right
>>
>>80638472
Looks to me like some other poster copying Vash's name

This is what you get when you namefag with no trip
>>
What happened to the supposed plan of all the MCU media are connected? Don't the writers contact each other or have a big meeting where they work shit out?
>>
>>80638530
>>80638551
Okay dude this isn't fun anymore, now I have 3 copycats?
I tried really hard to create a name for myself in 4chan and you are ruining it
>>80638563
Thanks m8, glad to know when someone notices some fakes with my name
>>
>>80638578
Here's how it works. First, the movies do stuff. Then the shows are written around the movies with occasional references here and there.
>>
>>80635996
I'd rather see Spider-Man in a Netflix series than watch Daredevil in these generic MCU movies.
>>
>>80638578

All the MCU movies are definitely planned out so there's no contradictions.

Netflic shows seem to be told "Just stay away from everything as much as possible".

And nobody gives a shit about AoS. It might as well not be canon.
>>
>>80638530
>>80638551
>>80638602
You're all faggots in my book
Fucking namefags
>>
>>80638563
Yeah but if he used a trip then he'd get that tripfag copypasta everytime he posts
>>
>>80638602
>>80638551
>>80638530

I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO SHOOT
>>
>>80638741
Well ideally he'd just be anonymous. But a name is basically just a trip that is really easy to impersonate.
>>
>>80638735
Zozzle
>>
>>80637657
>>80637901

Hasn't DD also been training in combat and battle tactics since he was a child? Getting martial arts training from a blind master and one of the best in the world?

I think if DD showed up in the main MCU, he'd pretty much be on the same level as all the others in terms of combat effectiveness. And he probably would be able to beat Widow and even Hawkeye in a straight up fight because on top of his near lifetime of training and conditioning, he also does indeed have limited super powers.

That said, I never expect him to actually show up in the MCU films, but name drops and nods should happen. Yes the movies are shot so far in advanced you can't really connect their plot points, but the TV show universe is already exists and so do these characters so acknowledging their existence shouldn't be so hard. They dropped a ton of easter egg names in Cap 2, it wouldn't be all that different to drop more names in Cap 3.
>>
>>80638735
Hey, there are great people in /co/ that use names, like Dan Dashly, Kind Storyteller or Batgirlish
>>
>>80638717
With maybe the exception of Bens murder And Gwens death there's no way it would get as dark as the Netflix series. And so far it doesn't look like Netflix would have the money to do a proper job on the effects Spiderman would need for wall crawling web slinging or the villains. But a DD MCU movie would be bland as fuck.
>>
>>80637135
>Matt wouldn't give a steaming fuck about Civil War
This. Matt's focused on trying to keep Hell's Kitchen safe from people like Kingpin, and now the Hand. A family feud between the Avengers isn't something he's probably gonna be interested in, at least not at this point in his crime fighting tenure.
>>
>>80638834
Black Widow is more skilled than DD, she's fought Aliens Warriors and mini ultrons while DD has only fought common criminals in the MCU.
>>
>>80638854
And yourself, don't forget that
>>
>>80638854
>Batgirlish

Naww
>>
>>80638912
wtf you just stole half my comment you cunt
>>
What about matt makes you think he woundnt tell tony to shove it the moment he showed up in the kitchen
>>
>>80638912
>she's fought Aliens Warriors and mini ultrons
Who seemed to have been made of paper mache and fell over from stiff breezes. Hell, BW isn't even the strongest combat agent in Shield as far as I'm concerned, just the best at deep cover and super human related operations.
>>
>>80637216
Not like the Helicarrier Coulson was keeping mattered in Avengers AoU, or that the things Fitz made kept Fury alive in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>80638912
The aliens were pretty shit tier and she couldn't really hurt the Ultrons without a gun or ramming a truck into them. I think DD would do just as well in either scenario. Well, except for the fact that he can't drive.

I would still maintain that Nobu was a more formidable opponent than anyone Widow has fought singlehandedly and Daredevil can all but dodge bullets.
>>
>>80638912
Thanks to guns, super tech, and her willingness to murder. DD uses none of those.
>>
>>80639005

In what episode did Fitz make those? I watched the first 7 episodes, then skipped to the Tahiti shit and watched every episode since and I don't remember that gadget.
>>
>>80639133
>Another red in her ledger joke
Nice argument bro
>>
>>80639184
Really reaching huh
>>
>>80638973
Him, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage would probably just ignore anyone that tried to recruit them for this stuff.

"There's this new bill that's being proposed that--"
"I don't care."
"No, but see, it's about how vigilantes--"
"Not interested."
>>
>>80636267
I'd of thought making all these Netflix series, introducing various characters would be an excellent way of skipping fucking origin movies so we can have a larger pool of heroes and villains to pull from down the line. Especially for Civil War.
>>
>>80635996
>Daredevil has just as much as a presence in Manhattan as Spidey does.
I wouldn't say that at all. Daredevil didn't even get a costume until the end of his first season and a proper costume (still debated) until season 2. He also handles street level crime, sneaking around, stopping shit and saving the "little victims" nobody else would notice if they wound up in a sex shop or face down in the river.

Now Spider-Man, even if he's still stopping muggers, is still swinging through the breeze with the greatest of ease. That's pretty damn high profile. If the usual backstory follows he's also pissed off a certain newspaper who are surely playing up the "Why can't the government do something about this web slinging menace! We demand arrest photos of Spider-Man!" making it politically uncomfortable enough, perhaps, for him to be rounded up for registration.
>>
Marvel has to have DD and Spidey in something together, whether it be a Team-Up series or the DD Netflix, DD & Spidey are great together
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.