[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon orders live-action "The Tick" pilot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: the tick.jpg (227 KB, 1200x1798) Image search: [Google]
the tick.jpg
227 KB, 1200x1798
>Cult live-action comedy The Tick is making a comeback. Amazon has ordered a pilot for a new take on Ben Edlund‘s comic book character. Edlund, who created the 2001 live-action Fox comedy as well as the 1994 animated series, is back as writer and executive producer as is fellow original exec producer Barry Josephson. Griffin Newman (Vinyl) is set to play Arthur Everest, and Valorie Curry (House of Lies, The Following) has been cast as his sister Dot Everest in the pilot, I have learned. Transcendence helmer Wally Pfister is in negotiations to direct. Sony Pictures TV, the studio behind the 2001 series, is producing.

>The revival has been in the works for a while — in the summer of 2014, Edlund confirmed that there was an effort to bring the show back when rumors surfaced about a possible new Tick series at Amazon with Edlund returning alongside Patrick Warburton, who played the title character on the Fox series. Warburton, who stars on NBC’s new comedy series Crowded, is not expected to be involved in the Amazon pilot. Casting is currently underway for the lead.

>In the new incarnation, the blue suit-wearing Tick is recovering from a memory loss. He ends up re-teaming with Arthur to fight evil. Newman’s Arthur, played in the Fox series by David Burke, had been labeled as a schizophrenic because of his statements that evil plans to rule the city, and no one believes him until he runs into Tick. Curry’s Dot Everest is a nurse who loves her brother Arthur to death and worries about him.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/the-tick-amazon-pilot-order-comic-book-1201716558/
>>
>>80629839
yeah warby pat is getting a little old. i'm sure they can find someone a little better, and hopefully one who can emote in a more Tick fashion
hmm, so Dot is less of a boring betty this time? Not sure what to think about that. but still looking forward to it.
>>
>>80629839
Neat. I've been in a Tick mood lately, so this is a great surprise for me.

>In the new incarnation, the blue suit-wearing Tick is recovering from a memory loss. He ends up re-teaming with Arthur to fight evil. Newman’s Arthur, played in the Fox series by David Burke, had been labeled as a schizophrenic because of his statements that evil plans to rule the city, and no one believes him until he runs into Tick.

Aaaand my enthusiasm is dampened. Sounds more like a short arc than a series premise, but let's see what happens. I just hope Tick and Arthur actually have masks this time.
>>
I liked Warburton but I want to see new people for the role too
>>
I'M FILLED WITH TINIER MEN!
>>
File: KEEN!.jpg (60 KB, 511x470) Image search: [Google]
KEEN!.jpg
60 KB, 511x470
>>80629839
>>
Finally
>>
Fucking SPOOOOON YES!

FUCKING MUSTACHE FEELING YES!
>>
>>80629839
>WHY.jpg
>>
File: Ticks4.jpg (61 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
Ticks4.jpg
61 KB, 500x370
How does the tick compare to the venture bros?
>>
>>80635455
The Tick isn't as good, but similar.
>>
>>80635455
>>80636581
yeah it's like.. definitely sillier than VB but the same kind of superheroics-meets-reality situation. i recall a bit at the beginning of the official paperback-adaptation of the first few episodes of the cartoon where the Tick is assigned to The City by a council not unlike the guild.
>>
File: tick.jpg (22 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
tick.jpg
22 KB, 400x312
Id really like to see more stuff from the comics adapted
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9jHgrbjUL0
>>
I hope they don't fuck it up like they did last time.
>>
File: Tick-3.jpg (628 KB, 654x971) Image search: [Google]
Tick-3.jpg
628 KB, 654x971
Please just tell me we get a Night of a Million-Zillion Ninjas adaption.
>>
Worked better as a cartoon than it did as live action.
>>
>>80642464
Yeah I dont see Chairface or El Seed working sadly
>>
I really hope they get the mask right this time, that was the only thing missing from the Warburton-version.
>>
>>80642496
>CG chair
We have the technology
>>
>>80642496
If there's no Chairface Chippendale I won't be watching
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.