[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Spider-Man is going to be getting a new MCU reboot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: img5.jpg (429 KB, 1224x792) Image search: [Google]
img5.jpg
429 KB, 1224x792
Now that Spider-Man is going to be getting a new MCU reboot, is there any reason at all for The Amazing Spider-Man series to exist? Are those two movies completely pointless now?
>>
>>80619247

What the fuck are you talking about?

They've been made now, they will always exist.

Do you want a magician to delete them from everyones collective memory or something?
>>
>>80619247
Sure. Like Spiderman 1-3, and Burton's and Nolan's Batman movies, etc...
>>
>>80619316
Don't forget the now-worthless Adam West Batman. We should just burn the film negatives.
>>
I don't really see what's changed, we can still talk about how shitty they were just like when they were new?
>>
>>80619247
This is like the nu-Star Wars fans that discard Kotor games & other shit because "not canon"
>>
>>80619281
First off, it's obvious what OP was trying to say so you didn't have to be a dick about it.

Secondly, it's the movies are kinda pointless.

The Sam Raimi movies will always be of worth because it was the first homerun on the Marvel side of things and Sam Raimi's directing style was all over those movies (same reason The Burton and Schumaker movies will be remembered because of fucking style). The Webb movies attempted to fill a niche and failed. They were so concerned with building an elaborate universe that they ultimately failed to tell a good story. That is why they should be forgotten. Because they didn't add.

The Adam West Batman Movie, Burton, Schumaker, and even Nolan movies will continue to be remembered because they contributed. The Webb movies were a self-indulgent pair of love stories masquerading as Spidey flicks.
>>
Raimi Series: The classic/original Spider-man series
Webb Series: That one that most people forget about
Holland: MCU Spider-man is guaranteed to remain on the public conscious.

Raimi's was Spider-man breaking onto the big-screen and paving the way for future capeshit and Holland's will be Spider-man breaking into the greater Marvel universe. Webb's was ???
>>
>>80619517
>Webb's was ???
The Corporate Superhero Movie. The Raimi trilogy (until 3) was made with care, Raimi was clearly an old-school Spider-Man fan even if he hadn't admitted as such. The new movies will be more of a collaborative effort, especially since Spidey will be involved in Marvel movies from now on.

ASM (and to a lesser extent, SM3) is superhero movie made by committee, taking what others are doing and trying to maximize profits as much as possible. That's how Sony do. Hell, they're still doing it. Venom's revival is clearly a response to Deadpool making all the money.
>>
>>80619517

It's failure is the step needed so we can have Spidey in MCU.
>>
>>80619517
It's like the 70s King Kong flick or Godzilla 98, easy to forget they existed.
>>
File: whatevah u say.jpg (28 KB, 487x273) Image search: [Google]
whatevah u say.jpg
28 KB, 487x273
>>80619281
>feeling THIS threatened....
>>
>>80619247
Considering they were pointless when they were made? Yes. But Garfileld's quippy Spidey was better than MacGuire.
>>
I think it's pretty fun to think about MCU Spidey already going through the Lizard and Electro.
>>
>>80619247
>Now that Robocop got new reboot, is there any reason at for the Paul Verhoeven movie to exist? Is that movie completely pointless now?
>>
File: Ghostbusters-Reboot-Thumb.png (493 KB, 742x427) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters-Reboot-Thumb.png
493 KB, 742x427
>>80620743

>Now that Ghostbusters got new reboot, is there any reason at for the Ivan Reitman movie to exist? Is that movie completely pointless now?
>>
>>80620743
In this case the reboot is pointless because its worse in every way
Thats what OP means, they aren't worth watching because we're going to get more spidey movies so fans won't have to watch crap
>>
>>80620883
Worse than what? we've only seen 3 seconds of MCU Spidey
>>
>>80621475
ASM movies aren't worth watching
but the MCU may be
>>
>>80619651
that is every superhero movie and will be no different with the new spiderman movies, jesus christ.
>>
>>80619247
There never was to begin with, OP. You cracked the code.
>>
>>80619247
>h-hey everyone

Goddamnit, looks like we're going 0/3. We're never getting a good Peter Parker.
>>
Fuck all you faggots, I liked the ASM movies.
Tired of getting constant origin movies though. Can we move on to actual stories please?
>>
>>80621573
I just watched both for the 3rd time so clearly they are worth watching to me.
>>
>>80619387
>The Webb movies attempted to fill a niche and failed. They were so concerned with building an elaborate universe that they ultimately failed to tell a good story. That is why they should be forgotten. Because they didn't add.
This
>>
>>80621939
I cannot believe that within an hour of the video posting we already got this cocksucking meme.
>>
a new meme has appeared

treat it gently
>>
>>80619247
two cakes dude. two cakes.
>>
>>80619651
Didn't Raimi hate doing them?
>>
>>80619247
they were pointless to begin with.
>>
>>80627937
he hated doing spiderman 3 because the studio forced him to add Venom, but i think he liked doing the other 2.
>>
>>80619336

Amazing was an embarrassment though.
>>
I prefer to think of ASM as a standalone liberal adaption of The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

Years down the line when we finish an MCU Spider-Man trilogy, the ASM duology will just be considered a bonus pair of films you can watch for some extra Spidey action.
>>
>>80619651
>Venom's revival is clearly a response to Deadpool making all the money.
The stinger for the Venom movie when it gets made would be Flash Thompson in a wheelchair when some military people visits him.
>>
As oppossed to having a point in existing?
All movies are pointless
>>
>>80635608
> NotNickFury to Flash
> I'm here to talk to you about the Venom Initiative
> Sony makes billions and buys Marvel from Disney, fans rejoice
>>
>>80635711
Why would Marvel even allow Sony to use Nick Fury or similar likeness in the first place. The Disney lawyers won't take it lying down.
>>
>>80635811
Disney will be sucking Sony's cock by then when people realise that their Spider-Man sucks and Avi Arad had it right all along. You don't know anything you Marvel apologist.
>>
>>80636016
Are you that desperate to shit on Marvel that you're going to wilfully ignore the shit fucking Disney is notorious for?

Don't answer, it's rhetorical.
>>
>>80619247
No. Spider-Man got three shit movies in a row.
>>
>>80619387
.First homerun

What about Blade
>>
>>80636091
I will answer because it is the will of Arad.

Arad will make a great Venom movie and this Venom movie will have great characters like I AM THE RHINO and Sinister Six Sam.
>>
>>80636016
>>80635811
Did no one forget the Sony marvel deal
>>
>>80636329
Marvel/Disney had the upperhand over Sony, in case it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>80619281
actually yes
>>
>>80636233
While Blade 1 was a great movie, it didn't have anywhere near the commercial appeal of Spider-Man.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.