[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Use psychic communication as an excuse to not animate their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: YoungJustice.jpg (127 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
YoungJustice.jpg
127 KB, 1024x732
>Use psychic communication as an excuse to not animate their mouths

Was it to save budget or were they lazy to animate it
>>
You gave two options that mean the exact same thing. It would save them money by not having to animate it.

I thought it made sense to utilize a telepath when your job is to be stealthy
>>
>>80615804
So we getting season 3 or what?
I never thought of it that way, the telepathy thing, mles sense either way
>>
>>80615804
>Was it to save budget or were they lazy to animate it
That shit is done in comics all the time.
>>
File: 1450732089977.png (316 KB, 683x623) Image search: [Google]
1450732089977.png
316 KB, 683x623
>>80616107
>season 3
>>
>>80616107
Who knows. Netflix has shown interest but it's ultimately up to WB and DC to decide whether to accept any offers Netflix would make.

I don't know if they have any reason to refuse. Netflix would be funding it and they have very little to lose and much to gain on an IP they aren't using right now.
>>
>>80616254
I don't know if it's just my recent selections causing this or is Netflix adding more DC content? Or pushing it more? That felt like a sign, or am I seeing what I want to see?
>>
>>80616167
Pls no bully
>>
>>80616340
It feels like a little more than usual, but they still have removed plenty either, like Batman Beyond, Brave and the Bold, and GL:TAS.
>>
>>80616340
Yeah, DC added a bunch of its catalog back to Netflix a few days ago.
>>
>>80616373
>>80616603
Mix signals here, I guess I can only wait and see
>>
They are a covert ops squad. Whatever shortcuts you think they made, they may have, but it was also a good device to allow them to communicate whilst being silent.
>>
>>80616167
Netflix, weeb.
>>
>>80615804
And in a world where they talked on radios instead:
>HURR Have a powerful psychic on the team, but use radiocommunicators
>DURR Why was this show so shit?
>>
>>80616340
>or is Netflix adding more DC content? Or pushing it more?
Maybe it has to do with the movie coming out soon?
>>
Even if they did it to save on animation cost I don't think it hurts the show at all. To be fair, a lot of the time they are separated, or in a situation they want to keep someone else in the room in the dark of the conversation, stealth, etc. If I were a less cynical person the thought probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. When I was a kid/teen I wouldn't have noticed.
>>
>>80616603
>a bunch
Isn't it just JL/JLU, Young Justice, and three of the DTDVD movies?
>>
>>80617385
Also the entire series of The Batman.
>>
>>80617385

I thought JL/JLU was always there, am I wrong?
>>
>>80616340
>>80616603
Remember when Marvel said it's entire catalog would be on Netflix before Disney decided to start work on their own streaming service? Fuck Disney.
>>
>>80615804
I thought it was cool. Added to the stealth superheroics theme.
>>
>>80617747
I think Disney/Marvel wanted to push their newest animated creations, so they took away all of the other shows before USM.

Superhero Squad, for some reason, is the exception to the rule.
>>
>>80618368
I was talking about films, but you're right about everything else being gone too.
>>
File: Lagoon_Boy_and_Miss_Martian.png (219 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lagoon_Boy_and_Miss_Martian.png
219 KB, 640x360
>>80616107
If we do, it would be Netflix only, which honestly might happen if they feel there is enough interest.

I would really like to see a season 3. Even though I didn't enjoy Season 2 as much as 1, I did appreciate the fact that they had some growth and an overarching storyline. I did feel they went to easy on Megan though; she honestly deserved to get her ass kicked a bit more, but at least they made her realize she royally fuck up and admit she had been a royal cunt to Conner. Kind of would have liked to see Conner date someone else by the end though.

>>80615804
Nah, it's really not that hard to animate mouths. You're basically copying and pasting the same few frames to give the illusion of movement over and over. I had no issue with the telepathy part, and it worked with a lot of the plot lines.
>>
>>80618615
Did anyone ever gave a shit about Lagoon Boy?
>>
>>80618650
I did, if only because of how much hatred he got, mostly from buttmad shippers. He was actually a pretty decent boyfriend, had every right to be pissed at Aqualad for thinking the was a traitor, and didn't even start shit with Superboy since he was antagonistic first.

Kinda get annoyed with NEPTUNE'S BEARD! Also, that they cut out the reason why he and Ms. M hooked up, since it actually made sense.
>>
>>80618650
Lagoon boy was a perfect character for that situation though.

Huge beta whiteknight, who acted like an cunt projecting his inferiority complex onto everything, who we can assume swooped on Megan knowing she was vulnerable and constantly attempting to flaunt it in Conner's face.

His power matches up, as he's essentially just a fucking blowfish that swells up whenever in danger, but has a pretty low power level and was consistently useless throughout the show, either fucking up, getting injured, or captured.
>>
>>80618726
>who we can assume swooped on Megan knowing she was vulnerable

Actually, they both vulnerable when they hooked up. He was upset about being treated like a freak both in Atlantis and in the surface world. She related to him and was also upset about Superboy. They both nearly kissed before getting back on the mission.

>and constantly attempting to flaunt it in Conner's face.

I think he was just bad about PDA in general. Most of the time he didn't even rub it in Conner's face until Conner threw a little tantrum about it.
>>
>>80616254

in my country the only Batman movies that we get on netflix are Batman Forever, mask of the phantom and batman beggins.

I think that Superman has like Superman returns or something and that's it.

Isn't netflix own by Disney/Marvel?

Why would they push a DC show like YJ?
>>
>>80618615
not five minutes into season 2 and Superboy got cucked.

I'm not into shipping, but that was out of nowhere
>>
>>80615804
They explained it and it was a good reason. You can jam radios and it can be used to track them.
The only way they were stopped was by knocking out Megan or the brought in their own pyshic which only happened like three times.
>>
File: 3657233.png (282 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
3657233.png
282 KB, 500x277
>>80618615
>Kind of would have liked to see Conner date someone else by the end though.

If they decide to make season 3 and stick to their plans, they could pair him off with Cass.
or at least make them really good friends
>>
>>80619380
They heavily implied MM and Conner are getting back together in the last episode.
>>
>>80619297
He didn't get cucked. He dumped her because she was being a fucking sociopath with her powers and tried to use her psychic abilities on him whenever he disagreed with her.
>>
>>80618650
I did he's like male asami but with actual chatacter and motivations
>>
File: 2339313-7178024864_7df9887ffb_o.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2339313-7178024864_7df9887ffb_o.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>just wanted to unite the seven seas together with his son
>gets betrayed and slammed in the face instead

black manta did nothing wrong
>>
>>80615804
Considering the animation budget this show got and how trivial adding mouth movement would be, I doubt saving money was the reason for the psychic chat thing.
>>
>>80617651
>>80617385
JL/U were there for a while, They were going to expire in February I think, but got renewed right before.
>>
>>80615804
>Miss Martian never got comeuppance for lobotomizing many enemies
That and the terrible comedy are the only big problems I have with the series.
>>
>>80618960
Because Netflix isn't Marvel exclusive. If they were, they wouldn't even have any DC products.
>>
>>80618615
>Krypto Wolf like This fucking bitch i swear to RaO
>>
>>80615804
I just thought this, this morning. But I realized that mouth movement isn't that hard to animate and usually they were moving while they were communicating telepathically anyway so I'm going to say no
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.