[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More Iron Fist character breakdowns:casting calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 434x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 434x442
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FJl6GsZzE

>We Davos and Colleen Wing, now.

Hyped?
>>
Here's some tidbits from dome auditions.

http://mcuexchange.com/new-character-breakdowns-revealed-for-marvels-iron-fist-seemingly-hint-at-colleen-wing/

The character Slvan is in a mental hospital. Does that mean Danny could be, too?
>>
>>80615267
>>Misty Knight in Luke Cage
>>Colleen in Iron Fist
I hope they are buddy buddy in the MCU
>>
>>80615556
*some
* Sylvan

Who do you think Sylvan is?
>>
>>80615755
Pepe Sylvan doesn't exist.
>>
>>80615836
I know they have casting "codenames". I'm just wondering if it's an actual character from Iron Fist mythos, or just an OC.
>>
>>80615603
They should be! They are "The Daughters of the Dragon" after all.
It makes sense that Misty is in Luke cage first, while Colleen is in Iron Fist. That's how they debuted in the comics.
>>
>>80615556

Call me crazy, but that Sylvan character seems like they're dripping with K'un Lun weirdness to me. That whole "kill yourself" thing? I could totally see that as something an agent of the Crane Mother would do, try to convince Danny he's crazy and suicide is the only option.
>>
>>80616562
That is peculiar, isn't it. Even more as it seems to be a therapist. Could it be a Crane Daughter in disguise?
>>
>>80616608

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the whole hospital is some sort of curse-induced hallucination. That the sort of surreal, David Lynchian magic that would be easy to do on a Netflix budget.
>>
>>80616841
I just thought of an easteregg. What if talking to a receptionist about his next client appointment, Daniel's therapist name drops "Marc Spector." That could establish that Moon Knight exists in the MCU.
>>
>>80616919

That would be great. Or they could just be walking down a hallway and all the doors leading to patient rooms have names on them, and Marc Spector is just one of them.
>>
>>80616562

I gotta say, one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this series is Madame Gao showing up to play ball. She was just messing around in DD S1, didn't really care what was happening. If she actually came gunning for a person? She is going to be capable of some fucked up shit.
>>
>>80616979
Oh Gosh, they could either have no recognisable names except Spector's and have it as the last name they linger on or they could have other EE character names on it.

>What other Marvel character are/could be seen as "kooky".
>>
>>80616841
I don't think it's an illusion. Imagine a random 20-something popping into an establishment to say he's the missing Daniel Rand from all those years ago. The nine year old, who should have perished along with his parents, the only survivor to the ill-fated trip being a business partner, who lost his legs. How could this nine year old grow into adulthood? People would think he's an imposter. Some scavenger looking for money, looking to blame a poor burdened old man over a lie. He would most likely be doubted at first, with only a select few believing what he has to say (like Colleen and/or Luke.) He's have to have DNA tests. It's his word against Meachum.

They might at least want to "look him over". The mental hospital also looks to be apart of the Rand Corporation.

> They have their hand in everything, don't they?
>>
>>80617245

How do you explain the "you need to kill yourself" line, then?
>>
>>80617283
I was talking about Danny actually being admitted to a Psych ward, I could totally see someone infiltrating that though, like a Crane Daughter. Or he (or the otjer character) could even be hallucutaing while in hospital. We don't know until we see the show. So, many Questions! I'm so curious and I just want to know. People in the know seem pretty damn excited. (Also, I'd imagine relieved.)

>What if it's magic?
>>
So, it clearly looks like they're doing the Meachum plotline, with Danny struggling against them to regain control of the company after he returns. But also, Davos is there.

I gotta say, it's not super clear yet how the supernatural angle is going to fit in just yet. Will the Meachums hire Davos to take down Danny? Will Davos follow Danny to NY and just offer the Meachums his service? Is Madame Gao still on the scene, and Davos is working for her with no connection to the Meachums? Is Madame Gao working for Davos, and not the other way around?
>>
>>80617568
I could see it as Davos/Madame Gao working with Meachum against Danny and Orson. There's like two/three generations of beef there. Gao hates Orson, because he killed her weapon. Davos hates Wendell, because he "stole" what he thought belonged to him, and Meachum hates Wendell, because Heather loved him, and now he's disabled for life. And, he's afraid of Danny. What effect to you think that's gonna have on Danny/the third outworlder to become the Iron Fist?

We also might see John pop up. We know his fist is described as "fiery", but I wonder how much magic will be on show?
>>
>>80617568

At the very least, it seems easy to guess where Jeri Hogarth will fit in. She's had her life destroyed by The Purple Man and her own selfishness. She's an extremely skilled lawyer who's down on her luck and looking for redemption. She's exactly the sort of person Danny would recruit to help him take back his company.

I hope they keep Danny's super laid back, quasi surfer-guy attitude. It would be perfect for bouncing off Jeri's icy exterior and fledgling attempts to be a good person.
>>
>>80617880
>At the very least, it seems easy to guess where Jeri Hogarth will fit in. She's had her life destroyed by The Purple Man and her own selfishness. She's an extremely skilled lawyer who's down on her luck and looking for redemption. She's exactly the sort of person Danny would recruit to help him take back his company.
I'd say she's probably the one left in charge of managing the Rand estate after they die. She probably was the one in charge of their will or something.

>I hope they keep Danny's super laid back, quasi surfer-guy attitude. It would be perfect for bouncing off Jeri's icy exterior and fledgling attempts to be a good person.
Well, at least at first he'll be stoic and mad until he gets vengeance.
>>
>>80617568
>>80617872

The Gao/Davos dynamic is very puzzling. If she's the Crane Mother, there's no reason she'd be subservient to Davos. But if that's the case, why stamp all her heroin with his seal? That would suggest she's working for him, not the other way around.

It makes me suspect that Gao is not the Crane Mother at all, but one of her servants/daughters, a K'un Zi witch of some kind.
>>
>>80618271
>Well, at least at first he'll be stoic and mad until he gets vengeance.

I hope not. There are enough stoic/angry heroes out there already. Let Danny be relaxed.
>>
>>80617880
Don't know if we'll get the Zen, chill-like Danny. At least at first. Remember, when he first comes back to earth/America, he's mad as fuck and looking for revenge. He might sprout off some eastern philosophy, though. As he is want to do.
>>
>>80617872

I'm guessing the "fiery" effect and Chi blast stuff will only show up occasionally. Mostly he'll just do Kung Fu, but occasionally when he's up against a super-strong enemy or when he needs to punch through a wall or something, we'll get the flaming fists. they may have a line explaining how doing it exhausts him, using up his chi, so he can't do it with every hit and saves it for when he needs it.
>>
>>80618307
Yeah, but it IS the netflix realm. I'm sure he'll liven up as things go along, especially once he meets his senpai, Luke.
>>
>>80618281
I guess they'll have a bizarre, yet threatening Mother/Son type relationship. Remember, he was welcomed into her city of K'un-Zi (conditional), after his self-exile from K'un-Lun. He is also her city's surrogate champion.
>>
>>80618335
>>80618362

It should depend on who he's interacting with. If he's talking to Luke, or Colleen, or Jeri? Then he's fairly easy-going. If it's Davos or the Meachums? White hot fury.

He can be a chill guy on the surface, but still be nursing a desire for vengeance underneath. Even later era zen Danny still has convictions and beliefs that he adheres to with an iron will, no matter how amiable he seems.
>>
>>80618409

You're assuming the show will stick with the same motivations for Crane Mother. If they choose not to get into all the shit with Orson then she'll probably be shown to be pursuing Danny for some other reason. Perhaps she wants to take over K'un Lun, while Davos just wants revenge on Danny. That would give them a decent dynamic, with Crane Mother only allowing Davos into K'un Zi because she saw him as a tool she could use against the champion on K'un Lun, while he doesn't care about her agenda or attacking K'un Lun, he just cares about fucking up Iron Fist.
>>
>>80618519
Well, of course I'm only assuming. Just trying to guess by the information we've been given. The first casting calling seems to be looking for the series' Orson Randall. How else do you think he can fit? The main reason she wants revenge, is because of what Orson did, he was also there to info-dump some world-building on to Danny.
>>
>>80618519
>>80618669
Plus, that's why I said "conditional". She didn't just do it out of the good of her own heart.
>>
So, no Shang-Chi?

Part of me feels good about that, since he deserves better than to be Iron Fist's sidekick. But I also know Marvel will never give him his own movie or show.
>>
>>80618787
It was only Bleeding Cool that reported to the contrary. Take that as you will. I know what you mean, though. Shang being included in Iron Fist is a mixed-blessing. He shouldn't just be a "Side-kick" if written well...but, that's not gonna stop the decenters.

> And, yes, he should have gotten a movie. I hope at least a solo show.
>>
>>80618993
I think he could show up further on, but I would really like for Iron Fist to be the only kung-fu master around on his show. Daredevil is already too close.
>>
>>80619085
I could see him turning up from Britain, to investigate an arm of his father's criminal empire, where his trail leads him to Hell's Kitchen. This is where he starts to delve into Madame Gao's drug business and the Chinese nationals she's been blinding/disfiguring.

I would like Danny to be the main Kung-Fu fighter in his own show. You just know though, Shang's gonna get complains if whether he's not in the show enough or not.
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 950x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 950x1425
What are we thinking of the casting, senpaitachi?
>>
>>80618787
A "Hands of Shang-Chi" was written around '08, he was part of the original Marvel tax credit to get the MCU up and running. So, there was interest there. It got so far as Ang Lee signing on as director, before falling through.
>>
>>80619726
*script
>>
>>80618281
She was in DD, rumoured to be in LC, and is most certainly going to be in IF. I think she's more than just a "K'un-Zian witch". I think she is /the/ K'un-Zi witch. She's Crane Mother.
>>
I wonder what other characters will be included.
>>
>>80620497
The most important part is that she runs in a street gang called the tough Brets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fst5BbMfuy8
>>
>>80622392
I wonder how they managed to pitch this show?
>>
>>80622644
They did that exact dance in the room.

also, they had gone youtube viral at the time, and the show is pretty cheap.
>>
>>80622730
Ohhh, I've never watched the show myself. I've only watched clips like "Too many dicks on the dance floor". That was pretty good. I'm guessing that youtube fame must have been awhile ago. I liked the movie with the Vampires sharing a Homestead.
>>
How awkward of a press junket do you think this show is gonna have?
>>
>>80622830
>>80622830
pretty cool show. The songs are great, but the show is very funny in and of itself. The director for Thor 3 directed a couple of episodes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iG11s-dok
>>
>>80619085
Matt is more like Boxing+Ninjisu man, but yeah.
>>
>>80616841
>David Lynchian

That's how I'd imagine a Moon Knight show to feel like. At least at points.
>>
>>80618360
Yeah, they'll probably down play his powers and made him less OP (like Matt.) Also helps with the budget, too.

>Makes me wonder if they have enough budget for the Tournament.
>>
What would you like to see in the show, /co/?
>>
>>80623359
Cool. Good to see him go far.
>>
>>80627749
The Flight of the Conchords as final bosses.

Ideally a 1:1 adaption of Immortal Iron Fist, complete with the flashbacks to older iron fists. I really want the scene with Orson in ww1
>>
>>80629932
>Solo 1 hour episode of Wu Ao-Shi

PLEASE MARVEL!
>>
>>80629932
The Netflix budget and the deal to shoot on location in NYC is bothering me.
>>
>>80625999

They'll probably save the Tournament for a future season when they might get a budget upgrade. I'm expecting this season to largely focus on New York, with only fleeting glimpses at other dimensions. The supernatural stuff will probably be lurking in the shadows, a bit more out in the open then it was in Daredevil S1, but only a bit.
>>
>>80631602
I'm thinking that, too. Far too much to set up first, Immortal Weapons are more a season two thing. Can they get a budget upgrade? Is that possible, especially with Permutter holding the purse strings?
>>
>>80631903

Hard to say. DD S2 will give us our first idea of how much (if at all) they can escalate things from one season to another. But hopefully it'll work a bit like GoT, where each season has had a higher SFX budget than the previous one.
>>
>>80629932
>The Flight of the Conchords as final bosses.

training montage right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vgmp4MmfG0
>>
>>80615836
We could ask Carol.
>>
>>80634984
From HR? or this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cGoDns8wTA
>>
>>80616396
>Misty is in Luke cage first
>Colleen is in Iron Fist
>That's how they debuted in the comics.
But it's not, mugga. They both premiered in Marvel Premiere first (aka Iron Fist) Colleen in MP #19 and Misty in MP #21, although she didn't become a main character until later on.
I don't mind that Misty is premiering in Luke Cage first, but you are just wrong, and you need to know your facts.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.