[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Great Stone Dragon wake up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: gsd.png (257 KB, 672x400) Image search: [Google]
gsd.png
257 KB, 672x400
Why didn't the Great Stone Dragon wake up?
>>
>>80602502
He didn't bang the gong right.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQAONhIOfcg

He just kinda haphazardly taps it and then does stupid shit.
>>
The ongoing theory seems to be that when Mulan was sitting in the statue in the rain the spirit entered her body and manifested itself as the courage she needed to join the army.
>>
>>80602502
It was just a statue.
>>
>>80602502
Damn OP, I just remembered how much this question bothered me over the years. I mean the statues clearly housed souls, yeah? Did Dragon just not get the memo?
>>
>>80605197
You're just a statue.
>>
>>80602502
Because wushu is the great stone dragon
>>
>>80602502
I always asked myself this as a kid.
Maybe he really never was anything but a statue and Mushu was the true house dragon after all.
>>
>>80602502
It was either just a statue or Wushu didn't bang it right and if it was alive then Wushu pretty much killed it when he destroyed the statue

Perhaps Wushu was the dragon but no one would believe it after actually seeing Wushu, so Wushu just grew incredibly bitter about it and stopped referring to himself as such
>>
I assume he didn't ring the gong right because the ancestors were sure as hell acting like it was a real thing.

I once read a theory that Mulan was actually the dragon but I don't remember much of it.
>>
>>80602502
>>80605279

That's what I was gonna say, what if the little dragon WAS the great dragon?
>>
>Stupid girl joined the army. Great Stone Dragon doesn't wake up for this kind of shit. Great Stone Dragon doesn't fetch. Great Stone Dragon is for real problems.
>>
>>80605636
Then why did the ancestors shit on him?
>>
>>80605685
Didn't know better.
>>
>instead of getting a cool ass dragon
>we got an eddie murphy salamander

Well, Mushu is probably one of the better Disney sidekick characters at least.
>>
Why didn't Mulan just pray for the ancestors to protect her father?

Why didn't her grandmother?
>>
>>80605773
Bait is strong.

Mushu is officially the most unlikable sidekick. He's selfish and actively worked against his profession. He got one of Mulan's ancestors decapitated AND manipulated events so that Mulan ran into the Huns meaning throwing her to the wolves. It was lucky she didn't die. And he did that just to arrogantly boast about his "good work" as a guardian.

He's awful. He's the Merida of Disney Sidekicks.
>>
>>80605836
>Why didn't Mulan just pray for the ancestors to protect her father?
Because she's not naive enough to think a bunch of ghosts could keep her old ass limping father from getting his asshole surgically removed by the Mongol hoards.
>>
>>80605892
>He got one of Mulan's ancestors decapitated
What the fuck
>>
>>80605836
Because she's not christian you twit
>>
>>80605892
>defending the gargoyles
>the transdog reindeer
>rocktrolls

Don't talk to me.
>>
>>80605836
Come to think of it, her dad was old and famous so he'd probably be given a staff position. Too famous to die and too old to be on the front lines. Though that didn't stop Shang's dad apparently.
>>
Maybe the dragon knew mushu was the right one for the job?
>>
>>80606005
They gargoyles almost work if you imagine they're figments of imagination

Though didn't they help throw shit down the cathedral, so that's off.
>>
>>80605685
>>80605720

It could be like a Clark Kent situation. Great Dragon is pretending to be lesser dragon.
>>
File: 1457300111813.jpg (64 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1457300111813.jpg
64 KB, 680x684
>>80605975
K den
>>
>>80605946
The ancestors mention it
>>
>>80605685
He failed at protecting a family member

Got his head chopped off
>>
>>80605685
you can save a hundred people it's the hundred and first that you failed to save that everyone remembers.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.