[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is CN such a fuck up? >TTG >New PPG >Scheduling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png (71 KB, 2000x1197) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png
71 KB, 2000x1197
Why is CN such a fuck up?

>TTG

>New PPG

>Scheduling
>>
>>80599271
Because they're the only cable network still dedicated to cartoons, so they can pretty much do as they please.
>>
>>80599271
evidently snyders replacement is just as incompetent as he was
also most cable networks have no fucking clue how to deal with the growing popularity of netflix slowly eclipsing live tv as a whole
>>
Because they dont care for your demographic
>>
>>80599271
>angry SU fan detected
>>
File: 007.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>80599902
>implying that you have to like SU to be pissed at CN
>just so you can keep posting your "EBIN MEME XD"
Kill yourself.
>>
>>80599964
As far as bitching about things goes, TTG and scheduling are interchangeable at this point.
>>
File: conspicuous sipping noises.png (931 KB, 590x786) Image search: [Google]
conspicuous sipping noises.png
931 KB, 590x786
>>80599271
I assume they're financially successful doing what they're doing.

Is there some kind of esoteric reason that it's more profitable to wait months to release new episodes of a show when the season is already completed? And fill up the whole programming schedule with reruns almost always?
>>
>>80599616
>>80600232
It seems to me that showing the same shite every day and refusing to air new stuff is exactly what makes everyone rather just go watch netflix most of the time. There's no reason to tune in if there's nothing to fucking watch. If you're gonna watch something you've already seen, may as well be without fucking commercials, and under your direct control.
>>
>>80599271
Because the rest if pretty good stuff
>>
>>80599902
You people need to stop thinking you can invalidate someone's argument by calling them out as a [show]fag
>>
cartoon network is pretty shit nowadays.

Better if they just scraped the whole channel and let [as] run all day after firing Mike Lazzo and giving williams street enough money to fund some new original programming.
>>
>>80599616
You have no idea how true that is. I go to SVA and periodically, talent scouts from Nick, CN, Disney, etc will come visit the college. The representative from CN gave my class a lecture and I stayed afterwards to talk to her and I brought up Netflix and streaming and she voiced some concerns about how they're trying to re-strategize to compete with it.

That's why they've been pushing their own channel's streaming, they're pushing for bomb formats, and they've been encouraging some of their creators to create mini serialized arcs because marathoning them as special events are big deals for ratings. That's why they've been doing more mini series lately, they're basically "special events series". That's why Adventure Time reverts back to status quo after each bomb, since they're suppose to be self-contained mini-arcs to begin with. Bravest Warriors is adopting that form of writing as well because of advice given to their AT crew. She was rather proud that they were the only network who pushed for their creators to tell arc-based stories, something about catering to modern day interests and so forth.

She was only a talent scout and those actually aren't super hard jobs to get, you just need to be working at the studio for a period of time then show interest when the job opens up and apply, so she couldn't give me juicy details. But yeah, CN is actually somewhat happy of the direction they're in with bombs and mini-series and think they're doing a good job. They don't realize a lot of people fucking hate it.
>>
>>80599271
At least we have 24/7 Teen Titans Go reruns! I can watch a bastardization of a damn good show whenever I want! Who needs Gumball, AT, or any other show?
>>
File: image.gif (667 KB, 171x255) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
667 KB, 171x255
>>80602347
Ignorance is bliss, or in this case a thorn in everyone's ass but the network's
>>
>>80602884
>AT
>>
>>80602347

That... actually makes a lot of sense. Emphasizing arc-based storytelling and releasing chunks of episodes gives more flexibility to the kinds of stories they can tell. It's probably going to be great in the future as we get more shows that utilize the format.

Now if only there was a consistent schedule to the releases...
>>
>>80600287
I'd also like to point out (and this goes for pretty much every cable network) the utter asininity of not offering live streams for a reasonable price. I can't afford fucking cable; I watch pirate streams when there's something I've been planning on watching. IF I were able to get a reliable official stream, I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of wading through malware-ridden sites to get my fix. Fuck, I'd even gladly watch the commercials (with all the shit changing technology-wise, it's kind of comforting to just have the serendipity of random shit you may or may not be interested in thrown at you). Better than sitting through the same agonizing ads over and over again on Hulu.

But every-fucking-one is dragging their feet. The networks that aren't charge $10/m(!) for just their one channel. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>80599271

Will you get with the times? You can hate TTG all you want but it's been around for years, and is one of their most popular shows right now. I don't like it either but how is that a fuck up? It's successful, which is all they need, doesn't make it a fuck up.

Now the new PPG, shoehorned hamfisted messages aside, has some lazy animation and does all sorts of terrible shit, so I'll agree objectively it's a fuck up.
>>
>>80604377
If it becomes popular, will it retroactively cease to be a fuck up?
>>
>>80602347
well the fact that they're encouraging mini-series is good
>>
I remember a time where Cartoon Network didn't want to show anymore cartoons. It was almost as horrible as when Steven Universe first aired.
>>
Keep in mind, the target audience are kids, not 20 something nerds who come on a image board to complain (This includes me) so the new PPG, however bad it might be, its tailored to a new type of kid.
>>
>>80599271

newfag here what did everyone think of generator rex?
>>
>>80604735
I didn't think kids gave a shit about cartoons these days.
>>
>>80604782
what the hell do kids even watch these days and why do I feel like I'm turning into Seymour
>>
>>80604690
>Time of CN live action shows
>As bad as SU premiere

Kill yourself
>>
>>80604843
Because you are. It happens to everyone, you can't avoid it, and your brain will always find a way to convince you that you're in the right. It's p. hellish
>>
>>80604782
>>80604843
As someone with little nieces and nephews Cartoon Network's shows are too hard for them, they need bright colors, exaggerated actions and simple dialogue to keep them engaged. I feel like CN's turned into a channel aimed more for young teens and adults than outright children.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 298x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 298x245
>>80604690
Are you even trying
>>
File: 1453438977694.gif (3 MB, 256x199) Image search: [Google]
1453438977694.gif
3 MB, 256x199
>Not just watching Adult Swim
TTG at least has decent fanservice despite it being just as hit and miss as AT/RS

PPG looks like an absolute fuck up that will make a lot of money and airtime
>>
>>80603780
I like the earlier episodes, before it turned into Finn's Fuck Quest
>>
File: UxzvZ_1350803214.jpg (193 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
UxzvZ_1350803214.jpg
193 KB, 640x480
And... the worst part is... they won't be cute anymore!
>>
How about we you support internet animators if they make episodic series
>>
>>80602347
>That's why Adventure Time reverts back to status quo
This actually makes me mad
>>
>>80605510
welp its true...kids these days are dumb..to confirm this I'll need you to show them the original cartoon cartoons of CN.
>>
>>80610705

I swear to god, If i see that picture.

I hope someone going to report you.
>>
>>80610705
Bubbles was never cute
She was shit
>>
File: 1457487029946.png (92 KB, 498x459) Image search: [Google]
1457487029946.png
92 KB, 498x459
>>80599271

I'm beginning to lose hope
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.