[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's just say for a second that BvS is too dark and gritty,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Zack-Snyder[1].jpg (306 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Snyder[1].jpg
306 KB, 2000x1000
Let's just say for a second that BvS is too dark and gritty, that's fine, who cares, Snyder is as Snyder does. But how is this going to impact the future of the DCCU? What if this movie is shit but makes a billion dollars anyway? Are we really going to have to just be okay with 20+ years of dark, edgy DC adaptations? How many times can you retell the same shitty "hero is a pariah because he is too strong/ operating outside the law" story?
>>
>>80594571
Snyder can't direct everything DCCU, just like Whedon couldn't direct everything MCU.
>>
>>80594626
The difference is that DC is opening with their Avengers. This movie will introduce the vast majority of characters that are going to be getting movies.
>>
>everything has to have the exact same tone as this movie
Stop thinking in terms of "cinematic universes". None of that shit matters. It only matters that we get good movies, and DC has said each movie is gonna be its own thing.
>>
>>80594571
You do realize that there are different tones in comics right? Just because Snyders movies are a little darker doesn't necessarily mean the Flash solo movie will be.
>>
>>80594675
DC has already said each movie is gonna have a different tone.
>>
>>80594571
okay let's say it is too dark and gritty and makes a billion dollars. Five months later there's a DC movie that has a completely different tone and will probably also make a billion dollars. If this were the only DCEU movie coming out then you would have a point but it ain't
>>
>>80594571
>20+ years of dark, edgy DC adaptations

people are already bored of the MCU after 7 years, the DCEU wont even last 10 years

#bubbleburst
>>
>>80594945
They literally just have to put Batman in a movie and the normies will instantly throw money at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 640x360
So far it seems like Flash will definitely have a lighter tone. Lord and Miller wrote the screenplay, afterall.
>>
>>80594976

Except if Affleck just signed for a handfull of movies (and wont do a RDJ). So they gotta recast/reboot sooner or later.
>>
>>80595024
I wish they were directing it.
>>
File: 1444436543514.jpg (32 KB, 550x633) Image search: [Google]
1444436543514.jpg
32 KB, 550x633
>>80594571
>>
>>80595024
>lord and miller wrote the flash screenplay
Holy shit yes
>>
>>80595057
That's why try your best to prop up Dick. Also I'm sure Ben will sign on for more if the movies are good.
>>
>>80594571
Pray that they made a good movie, because it's going to make money regardless, and no matter what people say all the studio is going to see is "We did X and made all of the money, so just keep doing X".
>>
>>80595109

Dunno.

He is a filmmaker and in high demand as actor. He would basically not be able to do anything on his own (or big projects just acting) as long as he is doing tentpole franchise stuff. Unless he starts making the franchise movies himself
>>
I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I've been dying to see a Snyder-focused BvS thread.

I've been reading Alan Moore's "From Hell", and I'm...weirdly convinced that Snyder is the perfect director for Superman. I feel like he's actually looked deeper into what Superman represents and has

I think the line of "battle of gladiators" is something of a diversion: it's a battle between gods. Day vs. Night; Sun vs. Moon; Apollo vs Artemis. Rationality vs. Unconsciousness. Man vs. Woman. An endless battle, older than humanity, in various works.

If done well, his role in shaping the DCEU might be extremely legit from a literary perspective.
>>
>>80595348
>I feel like he's actually looked deeper into what Superman represents and has

... implemented a version of Superman (and the DC mythos as a whole) that isn't just "flavor of the week" but has backing with history, mythology, etc.
>>
>>80595057
Ben affleck has an IRL batcave, why would he not want to play batman till hes an old man?
>>
>>80595024
>Lord and Miller wrote the screenplay, afterall.
I'm pretty sure that "Seth Grahame-Smith" is writing the screenplay for the upcoming movie "The Flash." Which REALLY concerns me because this man doesn't know how to write a good story, just look at his previous films he did like "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and "Dark Shadows."
>>
>>80594571
You had your funny books movies already with Batman Forever and Batman Robin.
Stop this meme speach with "grimdark" and "edgy".
We are past that point.
>>
>>80595414
He has a book case with a panic room behind it.
>>
If you think SS is gon a have the same tone as BvS youre reyarded
>>
>>80595415

He's directing.
>>
>>80595746
I hope WB will rethink their plans.

Im not quite comfortable with the idea of writers as directors (Flash) or producers as directors (Pacific Rim 2).
>>
>>80594711
Please
>>
>>80596727
Yeah, i hear you.
>>
>>80596727
Seriously.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.