[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /co/ ever read Storm by Don Lawrence? Or at least heard of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: storm_don_lawrence.jpg (124 KB, 476x640) Image search: [Google]
storm_don_lawrence.jpg
124 KB, 476x640
Has /co/ ever read Storm by Don Lawrence? Or at least heard of it? It's very pulp and pretty good.
>>
>>80592279
I've read the first one. I'd love to get the collections.
>>
Yes. It used to be published in a comics magazine here.
Always loved the art.
>>
>>80592279
Fuck yes. I pretty much grew up on Lawrence's Storm and Trigan Empire series.

Awesome shit, but sometimes it gets a bit -too- pulpy for my taste, especially Storm.
>>
File: 8.jpg (912 KB, 938x1250) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
912 KB, 938x1250
>>80592333
Very good of you. To celebrate that you are familiar with it I will post some more gorgeous art from Storm.
>>
File: Storm -01- The Deep World - 13.jpg (367 KB, 999x1308) Image search: [Google]
Storm -01- The Deep World - 13.jpg
367 KB, 999x1308
>>80592377
>>80592428
>>
File: Storm Lito 1.jpg (110 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
Storm Lito 1.jpg
110 KB, 640x428
>>
>>
File: Lawrence-1-Cover-Trigan.jpg (1 MB, 964x1250) Image search: [Google]
Lawrence-1-Cover-Trigan.jpg
1 MB, 964x1250
>mfw the Trigan Empire movie will never be made even though a script has existed since 2011
>>
These pics are nice and I will google to see what Storm is.
>>
File: lawrence_storm12_aromater.jpg (146 KB, 650x595) Image search: [Google]
lawrence_storm12_aromater.jpg
146 KB, 650x595
>>
>>80592595
This was one of my favorite issues. Mostly because I read it at that stage of life when all kids seem to be obsessed with dinosaurs, but still.

I loved the part where the dinoman learns what a real T-Rex is like and he's like well fuck that.
>>
>>80592428
>>80592599
I have yet to start on the Trigan series. How does it compare to Storm? Is it very similar?
>>
>>80592684
It's similar in tone and writing, but much larger in scale since it basically describes the whole history of an empire, starting as a bunch of wandering primitives and eventually developing into a full-on sci-fi empire. The ending is pretty much entirely spoiled right away (after all it's not called "the rise and FALL of the Trigan Empire" for nothing), but mostly it's just a bunch of fairly self-contained stories dealing with some kind of challenge or threat to the empire.

Of course the main characters are almost immortal so it's not like it doesn't center around the same main characters every time, but it's far less typical heroic fantasy than Storm is.
>>
>>80592279
Well, now I will.
>>
File: aromater-1400x1050.png (2 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
aromater-1400x1050.png
2 MB, 1400x1050
>>80592279
Yeah it's gotta be one of my favorite comics of all time. The art gets a bit less impressive after Storm is transported to pandarve I think, but it's still very nice
>>
>>80592279
You realize that the series has been translated into a number of languages and released in countries that have comic markets which are not controlled by a monopolist, right?

The comic's pretty easy to come by outside of the US market as an effect of that.
>>
>>80592595

Wag-Nar was badass.
>>
>>80592669

"This? This is what my people are descended from? ...What a terrible disgrace."
"No, Wag-Nar... in truth, there is awesomeness in the pure, raw strength of this being..."

And then it comes back to life and tries to kill them all.
And Wag-Nar is such a gentleman that he doesn't even say "DO YOU STILL LIKE IT?"
>>
>>80596718
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm Dutch. I can imagine it's actually pretty hard to come by in the US. They're very easy to get here, because they're originally Dutch (even though Don Lawrence is British).
>>
>>80596718
>outside of the US market

...Did I miss something? This is originally Dutch, although Don Lawrence (peace be upon him) was British.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.