[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Peridot have Schizotypal Personality Disorder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
I pulled all of this from wikipedia.
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

>>Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD) or schizotypal disorder is a mental disorder characterized by severe social anxiety, paranoia, and often >>unconventional beliefs."

Seems like it might fit.

>>The ICD definition is:

>>A disorder characterized by eccentric behavior and anomalies of thinking and affect which resemble those seen in schizophrenia, though no definite >>and characteristic schizophrenic anomalies have occurred at any stage. There is no dominant or typical disturbance, but any of the following may be >>present:

>>1)Inappropriate or constricted affect (the individual appears cold and aloof);
Check.

>>2)Behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric or peculiar;
Check.

>>3)Poor rapport with others and a tendency to withdraw socially;
Check.

>>4)Odd beliefs or magical thinking, influencing behavior and inconsistent with subcultural norms;
Check(In regards to Earth's culture, we don't know if she fit in or not on Homeworld).

>>5)Suspiciousness or paranoid ideas;
Check.

>>6)Obsessive ruminations without inner resistance, often with dysmorphophobic, sexual or aggressive contents;
Possibly, remember the whole "Is that a weapon" bit?

>>7)Unusual perceptual experiences including somatosensory (bodily) or other illusions, depersonalization or derealization;
Unknown.

>>8)Vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, over-elaborate or stereotyped thinking, manifested by odd speech or in other ways, without gross incoherence;
Check.

>>9)Occasional transient quasi-psychotic episodes with intense illusions, auditory or other hallucinations and delusion-like ideas, usually occurring >>without external provocation.
Unknown

So if I'm right, that's 6.5/9.
>>
Aaaaaaaand I fucked up the arrows. Great.
>>
>>80590930
I guess two threads weren't enough
>>
>>80590930
Please stop trying to assign real-world mental disorders to fictional characters, tumblr.
>>
>>80590948
Nice meme arrows, you whore.

Leave.
>>
>>80590930
She's an alien
She was a prisoner
She just betrayed her world and called her leader a clod

You're putting too much thought into this, go outside or do something productive.
>>
Paranoia is the false belief that people are out to get you. Peridot is literally being targeted by bad guys from outer space.

She is now living with people who used to be her enemies. Social anxiety is to be expected.

She has unconventional beliefs because she herself is an alien from outerspace with little understanding of earth.

Downs Syndrome is characterized by severe mental retardation. Do you have Downs?
>>
>>80590930
No, she has autism.
>>
>>80590930
Does OP have SPD because he's clearly looking at something that isn't there?

I mean holy shit kid go smoke a joint and get laid.
>>
>>80590930
All Peridot has is a nice ass and a great personality. Fuck off
>>
>>80591819
Gems don't have asses
>>
File: this.png (177 KB, 429x391) Image search: [Google]
this.png
177 KB, 429x391
>>80592119
they do have butts though
>>
>>80592313
I don't see a butt, all I see is a rear end.
>>
>>80590930
As a person who actually suffers from STPD, I can see a lot of similarities with myself. But many of them can also be explained by other things than her having a disorder. I personally think it's more about her not being human, and not having any real understanding of human behavior.
>>
>>80592119
Not with that attitude
>>
>>80590930
No, she has Poorly-Written Disorder
>>
>>80592385
"That's your butt!"
>>
>>80590930
Tumblr get out
>>
>>80590930
Shit anon I fit into all of those except the last one. Am I a fucking schizoid?
>>
Why would gems have asses if they don't poop?
>>
>>80592602
They have asses, but not assholes unless they shapeshift one. The ass is just their legs connecting to their pelvic region.
>>
>>80592602
Your ass is actually a part of a highly intricate system that allows you to be bipedal constantly. The ass supplies balance and power.
>>
No, you tumblr-tier fucktard.
>>
File: typical-tumblr-user.png (164 KB, 978x745) Image search: [Google]
typical-tumblr-user.png
164 KB, 978x745
>>80590930
First, writers 90% of the time don't write a character as having any particular mental disorder unless that disorder would play a role in the plot. For example, Forrest Gump would be a very different movie if Forrest wasn't mentally disabled and instead just averagely stupid, but it would only distract from the story if Ellen Ripley's autism kept coming up during Alien.

Second, children's cartoons are EVEN LESS likely to incorporate mental disorders into the plot than film because mental disorders are a somewhat controversial issue, and kid's shows usually are there to entertain and not to challenge political ideas(SU may have a gay relationship playing a big role, but this is something a slight majority people view as acceptable nowadays). Usually a character acts the way they do because of something called a "personality", which is actually not a disorder or disability, but something most humans develop over the course of their childhood and adolescence. Do try to remember the difference.

Third and last,

TUMBLR GET OUT, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
Isn't that a rock?

How can a rock have schizophrenia?
>>
File: 1452454100981.png (824 KB, 880x889) Image search: [Google]
1452454100981.png
824 KB, 880x889
post best gem
>>
>>80593029
Personalities are simply the result of imperfections in the person.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.