[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Been watching it the last week or so and I think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Tranformers.jpg (401 KB, 812x522) Image search: [Google]
Tranformers.jpg
401 KB, 812x522
Thoughts?
Been watching it the last week or so and I think it's pretty solid despite not being a huge transformers fan.
>>
First season is mediocre and goes nowhere, and shits all over continuity with the previous show but then not many people care about that.

Second season seems to be setting up a better story but I don't have much faith.
>>
>>80586075
It's decent as far as a kids cartoon goes. Not the best thing ever but it has its moments. Usually involving Grimlock.

Second season's been solid so far though.
>>
>>80586075

I think Season 2 might get really good provided they don't fuck up.
>>
>>80586075
The decepticon designs are horrendous, the decepticon faction is balls to the wall stupid (let's just call all criminals decepticons! Genius!), the monster of the week stories were shit
I have no faith
>>
File: everything looks the same.gif (982 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
everything looks the same.gif
982 KB, 300x225
>Those designs
>That animation
>Those voices
Jesus fuck man.
Maybe I'm in the wrong here for not giving the show much of a chance, but I'm fucking enraged with how awful it is, and how it pretty much undoes all the progress Prime made.
>>
>>80588416
You aren't
I watched all of the first season and it was garbage all the way.

Windblade showed up, so that's something if you wanted to see her
>>
>>80588463

not every episode was garbage, the one where they go to the ghost town is pretty fucking funny.

especially Drift in his ghost costume.
>>
>>80586075
I love it. The animation style is cool and the characters are diverse with great interaction between them. Most transformers fans seem to hate though, probably because the last series was dark and more mature and the new cartoon is more lighthearted and funny.
>>
I find myself liking it a lot more than I thought too.

At first I was kind of forcing myself because there's literally no other action cartoon on TV other than Star Wars and TMNT and both of those are the master of terrible airing schedule, but I ended up digging the art direction (GREAT use of color in a lot of shots) and the characters are all pretty fun, which is what I thought was missing the most from Prime: characters that actualy interact and feel like real people instead of just being dolls that react to the plot. (Also TFA's strenght, in fact this reminds me alot of TFA since both shows have weak overal plots but characters that are just fun to hang with.)

But I'm a little biased, I've been a Transformers fan since G1 and I just love when we get new characters instead of old show homages and this show is the one that has delivered the most on that front, so I would be watching it even if I didn't like it just to see the new characters.
>>
>>80589297

It's not even that's it's lighthearted and funny, since Rescue Bots was that. It's that it looks pretty bad and makes no sense as a continuation to Prime.
>>
>>80589297
I loved animated, I hate this
>>
>>80589657

First of all, It doesn't make any less sense than Prime does as a sequel to the all the other things it's meant to be in continuity to. Aligned all around did a pretty shitty job when it comes to everything except making sure Cybertron has the same design.

Second of all, it's not meant to be a Prime sequel, the staff and Hasbro both have said it's meant to be more like a spin-off than a sequel, they wanted a show that is between Rescue Bots and Prime in age-range so they can hit a market that Prime sadly neglected and aren't into educational toddler-age stuff anymore.

Third of all, it looking bad is not an objective point but your opinion and I respect it, in fact I don't really want to argue about tastes I just wanted to inform you of Hasbro's plans while having a "third pillar" to this post since only two points felt like something was missing.
>>
>>80589297

I think there is also the fact that nowadays TF fans can actualy pick and choose. There's so much TF media out right now that you don't have to settle for the cartoon, and when you have something more akin to your taste you have no reason to care about what isn't aimed at you.

I watched the animes Takara did because there was nothing else to interact with in the brand beyond dodgy comics, but now there's so much content I can't even keep track of it all.
>>
>>80588463
windblade is just as personality-lacking as her comic counterpart but this time with a magical girl transformation in her introductory episode. woo...
>>
>>80586075
Drop the cartoon
Read the comics
>>
>>80586075
I like it, but grimlock sucks. Also, the whole primes and megatrons garbage was garbage and felt forced as fuck.

>It's transformers so we NEED optimus and megatron even if there is no reason for them!
>>
>>80586075

It's for 12-year-olds, but as such, it's pretty good.

I do not consider it a sequel to 'Prime' because the notion is frankly obscene.
>>
>>80589599

animated's over all plots were good though.
>>
>>80586075
That one in the back the blue one. She's got some pretty good h doujin.
>>
>>80591328

I'll have to disagree. Season 1 I can almost let it slide since it's the beginning so an entire season of introductions and slow burning is good.

But then season 2 is "Megatron uses the Autobot's ULTIMATE WEAPON against them but first he needs engineers!" then season 3 is "Okay so actualy Megatron uses the OTHER Autobot ultimate weapon against them but first he needs activation codes!" and all that while they never go anywhere with any of the sub-plots other than more hints of things that could maybe come later because I guess the constructicons are more important than Sari's destiny or doing more with Blackarachnia than the same episode for the third time.

It's the same story told 3 times. It's boring, it's really just the characters that make it fun.
>>
As someone who want to get into Transformers
I never understood why they need to have humans around
they do nothing except there for normies to "relate" to
>>
>>80593839
Probably for a few reasons. The original writer of the Marvel series and the first profiles liked the culture clash between humans and Transformers, for instance.

You ask me, it's very helpful if you want to sell toys of characters who turn into machines that humans are supposed to ride in.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.