[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or are Marvel just idiots when it comes to their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images (2).jpg (32 KB, 525x280) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
32 KB, 525x280
Is it just me or are Marvel just idiots when it comes to their dealing with Avengers. I mean they were given a golden ticket with the movie franchise but they seem to refuse to do anything good with it. For starters they gave avengers to hickman who had an incredible bloated cast and barley used the movie cast. Now the current main avengers book only has like one character from thr movies.

Its not fucken hard. Make a book using only the movie cast. Make it contained and easy for any pleb to follow and put it out there for them to read. Then they can use that to get them in the door and so they can push all there other franchises. But they seem to refuse to do this.
>>
>>80582890
Those are some bad ideas and I wish the synergy meme would die. People ether are going to keep reading it as usual or continue to ignore it while bitching any way you cut it.
>>
>>80582890
There was an Avengers book using only the movie cast you dumb shit. It was Avengers Assemble, it had Thanos, the Cosmic Cube, and the Guardians of the Galaxy too. It was written by Bendis.
>>
>>80583326
It was pretty good
>>
>>80582890
They tried that they made KSD the writer
>>
File: 1439337848061.jpg (30 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1439337848061.jpg
30 KB, 576x432
>>80583347
>>
History has proven that very few comic book movie viewers care about comic books no matter how much you attempt to pander to them. There have been countless attempts at luring the viewing audience into the traditional media, but all they end up doing is pissing comic book readers off.
>>
>>80582890
Its mind boggling how there's not an influx of actual Avenger games. No mobile games don't count
>>
>>80582890

There was a time when Dinseys successful movies had great video games. A half decent Avengers game would rake in cash. It's like they want DC to fuck them in the ass in the video game market
>>
>>80582890
>Its not fucken hard. Make a book using only the movie cast. Make it contained and easy for any pleb to follow and put it out there for them to read. Then they can use that to get them in the door and so they can push all there other franchises. But they seem to refuse to do this.

Marvel should offer a deluxe ticket with every movie that gives you the latest #1 for that hero (Marvel literally relaunches enough to make this a viable option) and some other shit so it sells. Even if it hooks just 2% of those people who bought that deluxe ticket they still made extra money from that offer
>>
>>80583326
They barley hyped it at all and was basically unimportant. Then they added more cast.
>>
>>80583260
Yeah cause having the words most diverse superhero team is helping them sell shit.
>>
>>80583424
Histroy has shown squat. Most books get a movie bump for a short while but little are able to maintain that. Deadpool is currently getting spiderman sales.
>>
>>80583670
and can you prove they aren't buying it just because it says "DEADPOOL" on the cover? That proves nothing about synergy as I can just as easily argue people will be a book saying "AVENGERS" just for the name even if it's not matching the movie content.
>>
>>80583352
KSD's Avengers Assemble was pretty good. It wasn't only the movie cast, though.
>>
>>80583434
It's actually not mind boggling. The mobile game market is precisely why. Cheap production, high and continuous payoff as opposed to expensive production and a relatively short burst of medium payoff.
>>
>>80583492
They already have mobile games
>>
>>80583746
The fact that Avengers sales have actually decreased since the movie is pretty telling. I mean the decrease is unrelared but a billion dollar movie franchise would probably have helped if they hadn't ignored it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.