[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this shit? Like, NO ONE ever fuckin talks about it and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: what is this shibal.jpg (73 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
what is this shibal.jpg
73 KB, 486x720
Is this shit? Like, NO ONE ever fuckin talks about it and it's obvious there is always discussion about other Pixar films.

For the time though it got good reception.
>>
>>80565019

Wall-E was great. I don't think there's much to be said about it, for that reason. It's hard to have a regular thread where we all sit around and agree that this movie was awesome.
>>
>>80565354
This. /co/ can't discuss something unless 40% of /co/ thinks it's shit. Wall-E is generally considered one of Pixar's best movies, if not it's BEST movie.
>>
>>80565977

I wouldn't say it's best, but certainly its most widely appealing. Without dialogue, Wall-E's adorable nature is a lot more open to appeal and interpretation than, say, Mr. Incredible or Carl Fredrickssen. Those *are* good characters, to be clear- they're Pixar protagonists, ffs- but Wall-E is essentially only one or two rungs over a sci-fi version of cute cat videos online.

And everyone fucking loves cat videos. Ubiquitous, across cultures.
>>
>>80565019

I absolutely loved this movie when it first came out, was obsessed with it. Though over the past eight years I've seen better films, I keep a place in my heart for WALL-E.

There's not a lot controversial about it, just a good story and very lovable characters.
>>
>>80565019
This would be my absolute favorite Pixar film if they didn't go to that stupid fucking spaceship.
>>
>>80566384
literally me
>>
I watched this once, would watch it again but then I get reminded it features those disgusting fat people so I rather not
>>
>>80565354
>>80565977
There's also not enough waifus in it. Though there are people that want to fuck Eve.

Incredibles is so popular here because it has three waifus. Four if you count characters from spinoffs like the comic's Mezmerella
>>
>>80565019
>nothing to talk about
>no sequel is going to be announced
>no hugely popular mascot characters
>no waifus
>>
File: wutkazam.png (254 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
wutkazam.png
254 KB, 800x640
Here's something you obscurantist fucks, what about the bullshit neoliberalism they jammed up this movies ass the entire time?
>>
>>80567172
Yeah, how dare they? I for one would prefer a sci-fi movie that incorporates good old fashioned values thank you very much. Vote Trump!
>>
File: Wall-E_Cubecolors.jpg (185 KB, 1200x808) Image search: [Google]
Wall-E_Cubecolors.jpg
185 KB, 1200x808
>>80567172
You're just sore because the criticism applies to you and you know it. I don't think a single person on 4chan wouldn't devolve into something *far worse*...

Personally, I think the message was delivered very well; it felt more like the natural takeaway of the premise rather than something the plot tried to hammer into your skull.

>>80565019
Watched it for the first time last month, shocked at how long I'd missed it for; it made me feel old that this was made almost a decade ago.

>Best romance of the decade, without a doubt
>Best delivery of the "take care of the environment or it'll go to shit" message ever
>Has only grown in relevance over time
This movie's a must-watch, anon.
>>
>>80567172
adjective
relating to a modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism.

Sounds just like Wall-E's warning against unregulated business and obsessive consumerism. Neoliberalism alright.
>>
>>80565019
>Is this shit?
Go fuck yourself, OP. And I mean that literally. Emasculate yourself and stick the severed dick in your asshole.
>>
>>80565019

Its great.
>>
>muh messages
>muh deepness
>muh robot waifu

Shite, lost interest about half an hour in
>>
>>80565019
I loved this movie
>>
>>80565019
It was MEH for me. Didn't liked the ship with fat guys. It tried to be too dramatic but i never felt anything for the characters. The Movie with the cooking rat is far better
>>
>>80570447
i bet you don't like wander either and prefer the girl with the magic wand being far better too don't you
>>
>>80570447
>The Movie with the cooking rat is far better
I guess that's a fair choice, nothing can appeal to everyone.
>>
Favorite movie.
>>
>>80565019
As
>>80565354
said, /co/ doesn't discuss the things it likes. If there is something /co/ related and nobody's talking about it, it's safe to say /co/ probably likes it.
>>
First 20 minute was 10/10.
Once the real plot gets going it's not what I was expecting but it's still a great movie.
>>
>>80565019
Hello there newfriend. Allow me to let you in on a little secret.
/co never talks about things they like. There is only bitching, griefing, and the occasional lewd or the even more occasional dump by some nameless hero.
>>
>>80572909
Ahh I should have scrolled to the bottom, an anon had already covered it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>80572376
Nah i love them both equally. Althoigh Star vs The Forces Of Evil is kind of cheesy for my taste. Guess i prefer WOY
>>
>>80573424
>Nah i love them both equally.
>Guess i prefer WOY
Make up your mind, anon.

>>80565019
Honestly, the #1 reason nobody ever talks about it is because it's 8 years old. If WALL-E had come out within the past 6 months, then you could expect more conversation about it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.