[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when is Namor coming back? Obviously Marvel isn't going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 680334-submar002.jpg (430 KB, 800x1137) Image search: [Google]
680334-submar002.jpg
430 KB, 800x1137
So when is Namor coming back? Obviously Marvel isn't going to permanently kill this sexy bastard off.
>>
>>80553930
After they lose steam from the MCU
>>
>>80553930
Once they get his rights back. Unlike the F4, X-men, and Spider-man rights, Marvel straight up doesn't have ANY of his non-comic rights. No merch, no video games, no third party licensing of any kind. Considering what Marvel has done to the F4 and X-men because of just not having the movie rights, I'm sure you can imagine how long they'll go on keeping Namor dead when they lack any of his rights.

That said, I can't imagine Universal holding onto his rights for much longer considering they've done fuck all with them since getting them.
>>
>>80554071
They actually got Namor's rights back ages ago.
>>
>>80554125
They thought they did, but then it turned out to be more complicated than that and the whole thing is some kinda legal clusterfuck.

Something about Namor being part of the Waterworld rights.
>>
>>80554191
>Waterworld rights.
the movie where they search for land because its tattooed on some bitches back?
>>
File: illegal aliens - what.jpg (18 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
illegal aliens - what.jpg
18 KB, 246x200
>>80554191
>Something about Namor being part of the Waterworld rights.
>>
>>80554071
How one company goes and say "we'll buy rights to Namor, we can create huge movie franchise"?
>>
>>80553930
Good. Marvel doesn't need metrosexual Aquaman. Knowing the MCU, the wings in his ankles would just be tattoos.
>>
>>80554444
modern namor was a repentant mass murderer genocidal psychopath

nothing to do with aquaman
>>
>>80554071
A pity they didn't go back sooner. I would have loved an Invaders movie. That Human Torch tease in Captain America made me want something I can never have.
>>
>>80554589
yeah hes not shit for one
>>
>>80554657
Small dick.
>>
>>80554668
he is a cuck
>>
>>80553930
Never. They realized he's essentially less cool Aquaman.
>>
>>80554232
yeah. While the movie was in its planning stages someone asked if this would tread on any copyrights, so Universal Studios bought the cinematic rights to Namor just to be safe
>>
>>80555094
Not historically
>>
>>80554323
it wouldn't really be hard to turn Namor into a successful movie franchise. Cast Namor as someone sufficiently 'Spock, but sexy', and basically direct the thing like Hellboy UNDER THE SEA
>>
>>80555276
how the fuck does that make sense why not buy Aquaman's rights too?
>>
>>80555094
Absolutely wrong
>>
>>80555322
something about how both Namor and Waterworld guy are mutants, but Aquaman isn't
>>
>>80555276
I guess it makes sense? Kevin Costner's character was literally called The Mariner.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.