[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously though, how will Marvel top this when it gets back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: deadpool.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1423) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1423
Seriously though, how will Marvel top this when it gets back the rights to Deadpool?
>>
They probably won't.
>>
>>80553190
They won't same with the X-men, except for the costumes. But their learning with the Present Day Negasonic Warhead Yellow costume
>>
>>80553190
Won't be for decades. It is far far more likely that Ryan Reynolds and his team will build a bridge to Feige made out of their blood sweat and tears and tell both parent companies to fuck off as they merge the universes.

Because right now if you told me Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick were taking over the entire Fox line with RR producing, I'd believe you.
>>
File: deadpool-negasonic.jpg (94 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-negasonic.jpg
94 KB, 600x900
>>80553287
>But their learning with the Present Day Negasonic Warhead Yellow costume
Damn that shit was tight
>>
>>80553190
They probably won't get the rights to Deadpool in the foreseeable future, and after that, who knows what will happen?
>>
>>80553190
Dad?
>>
>>80553190
>when it gets back the rights to Deadpool?
You mean NEVER EVER?
>>
>>80553318
>talks shit about the costume, but still wears it under clothes
>snarky in general, but barely sasses Colossus, follows his orders, and saves him at the end

She was all right.
>>
>>80553190
Disney owns Marvel. Disney will never produce an R rated Marvel movie.

Ergo, Marvel will never make a good Deadpool movie.
>>
>>80553455
What if deadpool has a whole movie where he tries to get his rating up to R and he travels to the studio to do it
Jay and Silent Bob strikes back meets Deadpool
>>
>>80553455
Disney owns Miramax which puts out R movies.
>>
>>80553190
Just watched this movie, it was pretty mediocre.

Only time I laughed was actually in OP's pic when he turns his head back and forth.

still better than most mcu films
>>
>>80553190

If I were them I'd just bite the bullet and work out a deal to get the x-men and Deadpool to cameo in Marvel movies. Fox's X-men have already rewritten the timeline, why not get in on some dimension-hopping shenanigans?
>>
>>80553190
nigga how will fox when you know they'll start meddling with dp2, looking to maximize profits
>>
>>80553871
Could Wade defeat cocknocker?
>>
>>80553438
She was a cunt to Deadpool because he's a cunt.
>>
>>80554983
good, he deserved it
>>
>>80553943
Disney sold Miramax six years ago.
>>
I loved Colussus.

I want him to be my big moralfag husbando and tell me about the virtues of being a hero every night when he tucks me in.
>>
File: image.png (82 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82 KB, 250x229
>when marvel gets the rights
See for spider-man and the fantastic 4 its understandable, but the x-men and deadpool need their own universe. Mutant politics in a world with commonplace superheroes have always been incredibly confusing, and there aren't enough writers who know how to make it work. Not saying it's impossible, mind, but don't see it happening.

Also: solid writing and a relatively low budget are what made this film good, not a studio flag. In reality, studio meddling is what tends to fuck up capeshit and film in general. You'd be surprised at what you might read from original scripts and notes to AMS2, Thor and IM3
>>
>>80555080
He'd probably tell you that being a fag is morally wrong.
>>
>>80555059
Yeah, but they were putting out stuff like Scream and Clerks long before that so the point is moot.
>>
>>80556086
Lol, it's funny cuz it's true
>>
>>80556013
They still can buy barakapool
>>
>>80553190
This movie was shit.
>>
Honestly, it was fun and all, but the jokes are incredibly dated. Watched it a second time and realized a good majority of it was no longer impactful, because it relies on that shock factor of "oh man did that really just happen?" And a lot of the cultural references will be dated. 10-15 years from now, it probably won't be as enjoyable to that generation who would gladly welcome a reboot that would be just as successful or at least critically heralded as "better than the first one"
>>
>>80553190
Is Reynolds truly gone? Is there only Deadpool living in his body?
>>
>>80556311
Deadpool and a skeleton
>>
>>80556311
yep, he's finally become the cancer we always knew he was
>>
>>80556305
you left out 'the'
>>
>when it gets back the rights to Deadpool

Now that the X-Men movies are gettin more popular than ever, Marvel wont get to touch the rights for another 20 years.
>>
>>80556013
>We will never have a good Thor movie
This makes me sad.
>>
>>80557016
Sure we will, the director of the newest one says it's the funniest yet! I'm serious http://screenrant.com/thor-3-ragnarok-director-taika-waititi-funnier/
>>
>>80557016
If nathalie portman isn't in the next one I think we'll be golden.
Would love to see some thor period piece movie though, with actual vikings. Like Beowulf, but how thor becomes worthy of the hammer while drinking and fighting and fucking
>>
>>80553190
Deadpool will be incorporated into the MCU with no questions asked and only he will seem to realize the dimension shift and he'll no why he's moved but he won't care.
>>
>>80557016
>Thor 3 has Jane Foster become Whor at the end.
The movie is given tens across the board and outgrosses Deadpool on feminist/white knight capital alone.
>>
File: givemestrenght.jpg (24 KB, 231x242) Image search: [Google]
givemestrenght.jpg
24 KB, 231x242
>>80556013
every fucking thread.

no matter how much you post it, it'll never be true
>>
>>80556866

Fox has x-men plans till 2021, and will likely continue to do films past that time. Fox and X-men are going to be a thing for a while. Marvel gets a small amount of money from those movies, so they're not completely fucked.
>>
>>80557143
Political statement movies rarely work that well at the box office, no matter what critics think.
>>
>>80556307
Yeah but how many jokes are really that funny after the first time?

I'll probably never laugh at the "The studio couldn't afford more x-men" joke ever again but it made me lose my shit the first time because of the timing. Just because it isn't funny after i've heard it a gorrilion times doesn't make it bad. It doesn't need to turn into Baneposting where it's only funny BECAUSE i've heard it a million times.
>>
>>80556013
There's really nothing confusing about it, Marvel citizens are just stupid dicks.
>>
File: ha!.png (182 KB, 276x264) Image search: [Google]
ha!.png
182 KB, 276x264
>>80553190
>how will Marvel top this when it gets back the rights

As if Fox is going to give up the rights to something that within the next 10 days is about to make more money than every solo Phase I release ever made domestically.
>>
>>80555059

He's tied to x-men isn't he?
>>
>>80556307
Yeah man, people of the future just won't be able to understand those time sensitive jokes about things such as Aliens 3 and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
>>
>>80558150
I know it beat MoS recently, but is it seriously still doing that well?
>>
>>80558254
So, they will be like Megasonic Teenage Warhead?
>>
>>80559459
Thinking about it, her reaction implies she knows what the jokes is, but also realizes how old it is, since her immediate response is "Fuck you're old" not "I don't know what that is."

I may be mixing jokes up, though.
>>
>>80556013
>Mutant politics in a world with commonplace superheroes have always been incredibly confusing
If you're too retarded to realize that's the point, sure.

Mutants are a metaphor for civil rights. They're effectively no different from any of the other metahumans, but due to the circumstances of their birth they're hated irrationally by Marvel citizens even more than the rest of the superhero community.
>>
>>80553190
Who wants the rights? It's Deadpool?
>>
File: 1.jpg (255 KB, 2541x1352) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
255 KB, 2541x1352
>Marvel will never have rights to x-men or deadpool
>>
>>80556013
I think you are right Dr killinger
>>
>>80559595
I like it to stay that way.

However I would like the F4 to actually return to MCU.
>>
>>80559608
Yeah same desu. F4 could be easily incorporated into the MCU as well plus a new F4 film wouldn't be hard for Marvel to make at all.
>>
>>80560404
But I don't want DOOM to be a quipping operetta villain ;_;
>>
>>80558263

Well if it keeps the pace it has had, even with a 44 percent drop, it'll get close to 730 to 750 mil easily.
>>
>>80556013
>You'd be surprised at what you might read from original scripts and notes to AMS2, Thor and IM3
Any links?
>>
>>80557143
>and outgrosses Deadpool on feminist/white knight capital alone.
Unlikely. Vidya, Books, Comics and Movies that pander to them usually fail financially.
>>
>>80564753
Whor seems to be an exception to the rule. She's been selling 60k consistently
>>
>>80559545

If you're too retarded to realize the racist implications of having your "minorities" constantly armed and dangerous then you really have to leg to stand on speaking about subtleties
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.