[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's what they do, you know? They get you all hyped up with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Jason Todd.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Jason Todd.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
It's what they do, you know?
They get you all hyped up with Ben Affleck as Batman, and you start hearing him say stuff like these movies are gonna have the biggest reveal since Empire Strikes Back, and you're just thinking, "What could he mean? Aren't these all based on comic books?"
Then they cast Jared Leto as The Joker and you get all hyped up even more, because he's a great actor and he seems enthusiastic, then they release that first picture of The Joker, and you think "Doesn't really look like any Joker I've seen, but I'll give it a shot."
Now it's July and you see that dead Robin suit in Batman V Superman makes you think "Oh I guess Joker and Batman already have a history together." But someone points out that the Robin suit has bullet holes in the same places as Jared Leto's Joker, and you start wondering, "Huh, did he steal the suit after he killed Jason? What gives?"
Then it all clicks.
>>
I thought this meme was dead.
>>
>>80548409
Sounds good to me, but fanboys will sperg out like you've never seen if this is true. The mandarin thing will seem like nothing in the face of this autism tsunami
>>
>>80548467
Yeah, didn't everyone accept it and move on after the toys came out?
>>
>>80548481
That's because you have shit taste
>>
>>80548409
Those aren't scars friend
>>
>>80548481
The Mandarin "twist" didn't have comic book precedent and added nothing to the story.
>>
>>80548409
I'm not hyped for Batfleck at all and this theory is still retarded.
>>
>>80548409

>Thinking Jason Todd is the Joker
>Then how did Jason Todd die?
>What happened to the first Joker?
>Is there two Jokers?
>Did Batman actually kill the Joker in this continuity for killing Jason?
>Why would Harley love Jason Todd this much?

This theory has more holes in it than Jason Todd's outfit. It was a fun time waster when it first came up but now it's just retarded.
>>
>>80549030
Those are all things that if handled well in BvS could create desire among many viewers to see them explained in another movie.
>>
>>80548409
Quality thread op I'm hype for both bvs and ss
>>
Dick Grayson is Joker just like TDKSA
>>
>Fake Joker is crazy Todd
>real joker is Mark Hamill
>We'll finally get live action Hamill joker
>>
Normies are hilarious.
>>
Someone post the Affleck=Deathstroke, Bale=Real Batman one.
>>
>>80550044

But that would be a waste of effort not only on part of the creators but also the audience.

Jason Todds origins as both Robin and Red Hood have been explained in three different mediums now and they aren't about to dedicate time developing a Batman movie only to tell the origins of what is probably the least enjoyed Robin to date again. People who know who Jason Todd is will be confused and apprehensive about him being the Joker and people who don't know who Jason Todd wouldn't understand.

"Did you know the Joker used to be Robin?" sounds like something someone who knows shit all about comics would say and in that alone I can see it happening. But it won't. This meme is terrible and wrong and it has no grounds what so ever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.