[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overall thoughts on Superman the Animated Series? Also general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Overall thoughts on Superman the Animated Series? Also general Superman the Animated series thread.
>>
>>80544869
Lame ass version of Superman made for a lame ass series, end of story.
>>
The theme song is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoXARqonns
>>
>>80544869
prty good. best luthor. good original villains, good new takes on old villains. wasnt BTAS, but was good
>>
>>80544894
Lol
Your lack of taste is almost more sad than it is pitiful

If you can't appreciate what it was for its time, then lol
Just... Lol
L o fucking el
>>
Good, but they perhaps nerfed Supes TOO much.

It was like, every chump was getting him to EUAAAAAAGH with a little laser or anything.
>>
Best series in the entire DCAU.

B:TAS can fuck a pineapple.
>>
Fantastic series that had GOAT renditions of several different characters that have yet to be matched in any media outside of comics. Darkseid is a perfect fucking example of this.

That being said, it doesn't quite reach the heights of quality BTAS did, but it's much more consistently good, since BTAS did have some fucking stinkers of episodes. Also, STAS is more important for the DCAU going forward, since Justice League, and by extension JLU are basically direct continuations of the storylines from STAS.
>>
File: dan-turpin_528_poster.jpg (50 KB, 528x297) Image search: [Google]
dan-turpin_528_poster.jpg
50 KB, 528x297
>>80547202
BTAS has a higher average quality.

STAS was more uneven in comparison, but the heights it achieved were superior IMO to the best bits of BTAS.
>>
>>80546775
OK, reddit.
>>
File: And then there's....png (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
And then there's....png
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>80544869
no Silver Banshee...too macabre?
>>
>>80544869

It was pretty boss.
And it gave us Brad Garret Lobo, the best Lobo.
>>
>>80547433
in all honesty, they either thought she was shit, which is the case why Doomsday and Zod never showed up in STAS, or forgot she existed

I feel like its the later and its only once Tucker joined the team in for JLU she was added in due to his love of obscure characters.
>>
>>80547355
Thats literally the reverse, anon.
>>
Andrea Romano came through with the perfect voices for Lex Luthor and Lois Lane.

Overall it was a little disappointing to me by relying too much on a) John Byrne Superman and b) Jack Kirby. (Timm and Evan Dorkin and other contributors are huge Kirby fans but they seemed to want to throw Kirby stuff even into episodes where it didn't belong.) In particular having Clark and Superman be almost identical super-hunks didn't work out that well.

BTAS's worst episodes are worse, but you could always look at it and feel that was what Batman should be. This version of Superman seemed a little diminished.
>>
>>80548660
The only episode I could think of thats Kirby-esque without involving Kirby characters is Prometheus and thats still a damn good story.

I mean how the fuck do you want Intergang and Bruno Manheim to give Superman trouble?
>>
>>80548719
I was thinking more about the time they had two consecutive two-parters that were about Apokolips: Apokolips Now and the Supergirl two-parter. Maybe that's just bad scheduling but I wanted a break.
>>
One of my favorite shows ever honestly. It's not the most perfect incarnation of Superman ever, but its the best incarnation on tv at this point. The look of the show is great. Not too stylized like TNBA and JL yet. Lois, Luthor and a couple of villains are probably in their best incarnations ever. I love that Clark is self-respectable and gets a whole episode to himself, which happens to be the best episode of the entire series.
>>
>>80547355
You have it the wrong way around.
>>
Of all the DCAU series, I think STAS is the only one where I could stand to watch any episode.

Like with the Batmans, or Justice League, there are some episodes I just wouldn't want to sit through again.

But back in the day when people still watched television and reruns and stuff, if Superman was on, I'd probably watch it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.