[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, if the Young Justice campaign actually ends up being successful,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
So, if the Young Justice campaign actually ends up being successful, how difficult would it be to bring up shows like Green Lantern and Beware the Batman back?
>>
>>80532794
>Beware the Batman
Who wants that garbage back?
>>
>>80532808
This
>>
>>80532808
>>80532853
People that enjoyed it.
>>
>>80532794
>So, if the Young Justice campaign actually ends up being successful
It won't be sadly
But when is that new Justice Leauge cartoon coming out? Is timm doing it?
>>
>>80533249
Sometime this year, and no, but Alan Burnett, Jim Krieg, and Butch Lukic are in charge and Paul Dini's writing a few episodes.
>>
>>80532808
>>80532853
People with good taste.
>>
>>80532794
Green Lantern would probably need to return to stream. I have no idea why GLfags didn't rally around and do the same thing YJfags did to bring attention.

Beware? CN sold it. I think the government owns it, but I'm sure DC could get it back. I just don't think they'd be interested.
>>
>>80532794
>>80532794
>netflix produces a season of YJ
Maybe
>GLTAS
No probably not.
>>
>>80532794
That's impossible to know without the accounts and audience figures and so on for all three shows, as well as Netflix' own figures about profitability and what constitutes a worthwhile investment, as well as the reasons why if the shows aren't immediately profitable - it may be that they're after some back end from home video or other merch sales but wouldn't make a profit on the show itself, which would mean that the back end would have to be pretty impressive to get a show back on the air.

Since we don't have any of those things, your question is watermelon.
>>
>>80534249
This is why it always makes me laugh every time NBC tries to release Netflix "data".
>>
Unlikely, GL was too expensive. I fucking need more of it though having said that. They were just about to get to the Sinestro Corps war.
>>
I think it's a bit too pricey but to be fair Netflix did fund two feature films so who knows.
>>
>>80532794
Sadly, no. 20 million for one season of a cartoon is a little more than Netflix would pay.

Don't wish for it back this way, man. You remember what happened with The Clone Wars and Rebels? The massive downgrade that happened? It would be the same thing. Then take into account that GLTAS didn't really look that impressive in the first place...

Look, I loved this show to absolute bits, next to Tron Uprising it was for sure my favorite show from that season, but this is a monkey's paw, man. The show is dead, don't bury it in the pet cemetery.
>>
>>80534948
>>80535140
If WB kept the assets, it wouldn't be too expensive to bring back.

This is why CGI shows are profitable when it comes to the long run. You don't have to keep making assets for it like you would with traditional animation.
>>
>>80535305
>If WB kept the assets, it wouldn't be too expensive to bring back.
It would be expensive to make WB release them though.
>>
I know Green Lantern had Blue Lantern Razer, Sinestro Corps, Blackest Night, and other Earth GLs to do, but what did Beware leave behind? Did it leave any loose ends?

I never watched it, just curious.
>>
>>80534948
>Sinestro hadn't turned yellow yet but was showing his darker side
>One of the last episodes had the fucking Book of Black in a guardians chambers
>Kyle and John were going to show up

All this wasted potential.
>>
>>80532868
All 3 of them.
>>
>>80532794
As much as I want Green Lantern to be brought back chances are its dead and people need to get over it.
>>
File: 14.png (1 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
14.png
1 MB, 1916x1076
>>80536581
Bruce Wayne is believed to be dead and killed by Batman, who is now a wanted terrorist. Two-Face is on the loose, Batman's allies form the Outsiders, and they even set up Penguin as a future villain.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.