[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YOU'RE GONNA GO TO WAR? >YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>YOU'RE GONNA GO TO WAR?
>YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WIN THIS. IT'S SUICIDE!
>HE IS NOT OUR ENEMY!
Why is Bruce not listening to Alfred when he's obviously right?
>>
>casting RDJ as Alfred
What was DC thinking?
>>
>>80531745
>"YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!"
>cue WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>80531750

Fuck you, Jeremy Irons is one of the last Great Voices we have left!
>>
>>80531745
He's Right and Clark is right that Batman has gone too far.

Really that should have been the focal point of this movie. No Wonder Woman, No Doomsday. Heck maybe even no Lex.

Just a Hero and a Father figure trying to save another from Destroying himself.

I'd be really keen to see that. But as of Right Now its just a bloated mess.
>>
>>80531750
>RDJ as Alfred
>DD as Batman
>Batman in armor
>le she with you?
>Lex "Quipper" Luthor

>What was DC thinking?
"We want MCU audience"
>>
>>80531745
well obviously Bruce wants to die
>>
because this is a batman who is plagued with self-doubt, who's not sure if he's good enough for the job or if he's actually making a difference. he's just lost a Robin, and he's jaded.

then this new guy shows up with the power of a god, and now Bruce has an outlet to project all of his insecurities on to. He's afraid of Superman going off the rails because he's afraid of HIMSELF going off the rails, plus the fear of becoming obsolete and no longer being the baddest fucked around

th
>>
>>80531745
Because
>You have to go back to Krypton
>Make Earth great again.
>>
File: stumpstopper.jpg (107 KB, 399x482) Image search: [Google]
stumpstopper.jpg
107 KB, 399x482
>>80531831
build wall
>>
Why's this Alfred so grumpy and bitter?
What happened to the kind and humorous grandpa?
>>
>>80531854
Keep the Green Lanterns out. We've got too many of them.

>>80531873
He's dealing with a Batman that has gone off the rails. He's not listening and getting more and more violent.

Best his hoping and preventing is Bruce killing himself.
>>
>>80531873
DC movies under Zack Snyder are not allowed to have humor.
Everything and everyone must be angry and blue.
>>
>>80531873
Alfred is grumpy because BRUCE WAYNE IS A SHIT
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 720x480
>>80531873
>What happened to the kind and humorous grandpa?
He turned sour the moment his surrogate son became an edgy tryhard who's hellbent on picking a fight with an alien who could toss him into the stratosphere without even breaking a sweat.
>>
>>80531873
His trademark sarcasm is intact in the most recent trailer.
>>
>>80531873
He's still there, did you even watch the last trailer?

>Even you've gotten too old to die young. Not for lack of trying.
>>
File: scan0043.jpg (115 KB, 498x800) Image search: [Google]
scan0043.jpg
115 KB, 498x800
>>80531784
>Really that should have been the focal point of this movie. No Wonder Woman, No Doomsday. Heck maybe even no Lex.
I agree the movie seems to have a lot on its plate, but at the same time, what you've suggested sounds really boring.

Lex definitely needs to be there. His belief that Superman undermines what the human race is capable of resonates perfectly with Batman's dilemma. Doomsday? Probably not, although there certainly needs to be a threat for the two of them to combat after their inevitable reconciliation. Wonder Woman? Maybe not, although I always think back to New Frontier, which was one of my favorite takes on the Batman vs. Superman idea. Her role is clear and well defined. She's more skilled and experienced than both of them. She's been at this for longer than they've been alive, she has a greater scope and wisdom than either of them. She has the superhuman abilities of Superman, but has gone through the tactical training and stuggle that Batman has. It makes her a wonderful middle-ground, and I have always loved the idea of her being the one to bring them together. It just makes sense. Pic related. Obviously.

I know people really don't like the idea of many things happening in a single cape movie, but I really don't think they need to be spaced out as much as Marvel has been doing it. That only results in a bunch of mediocre movies. There is no actual build up to The Avengers in the movies that lead up to it, thematic or plot-wise. You basically just need to watch the post-credits scenes. BvS is offering a direct follow-up to a lot of the issues and aftermath of the first movie, while tying the introduction of two of their next-biggest heroes, AND an enduring villain into it. It's actually pretty cool. It will certainly make the DCEU feel like less of a slog than the MCU was. I mean, has anyone ever willingly re-watched Iron Man 2, Thor, or Hulk from the first phase?
>>
>>80531745
kino has to be made.
>>
>>80531745

Because Bruce has always been stubborn as hell?
>>
>>80531745
BRUCE
IS
AND
WILL
ALWAYS
BE
A
STUBBORN
CUNT
THAT
LOVS
TO FIGHT
>>
>>80531902
>>80531928
>>80531985
This. Alfred did nothing wrong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.