[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hayao Miyazaki: Cinematic Legend or America-hating DoucheGeezer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: miya.jpg (108 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
miya.jpg
108 KB, 800x568
Hayao Miyazaki: Cinematic Legend or America-hating DoucheGeezer?

Discuss.
>>
>>80531092
I can't read majority of that gobbeldy gook
>tfw I will never truly learn japanese
>>
>>80531092
there is literally nothing wrong with hating America.
>>
Nothing new. Most, if not all of Japan, and the rest of the world for the most part hate the United States.

Not sure why this needs its own thread.
>>
Nobody who uses "douche" or "bro" as part of a noun or with intercaps like a tumblr has nothing useful to say.
>>
>>80531092

I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive.

Lots of very talented people are cunts.
>>
File: 123423142134.png (186 KB, 314x303) Image search: [Google]
123423142134.png
186 KB, 314x303
>>80531092
Same reason for why murricans think frenchies are rude. Frogfags in general aren't rude but most people from big cities are. If you are a tourist and dumb enough to only travel to large cities and visit all the tourist traps, naturally, people there are going to be cunts.
Same reason yuropoors think new yorkers are rude.
If you want to meet more laid back people when visiting other countries, try the smaller towns and country sides.
>>
>>80531131
>Japan hates the united states.

complete fucking bullshit.
>>
>Cinematic Legend or America-hating DoucheGeezer?
Either way, he makes anime, so what is this thread doing on /co/
>>
>>80531119
this
>>
>>80531951
you actually believe japan likes america?
>>
>>80531879
new york has changed, It's honestly super nice now. all the shit thats been going on to us has been making people more friendly to their fellow man. It's weird and kinda nice
>>
>>80532038
Politically they don't hate the US. Among the populace, most Japanese people are pretty uninterested in foreign matters, there's a number of /pol/ people who hate Koreans and Chinese, but that's about it.
>>
>>80532073
>>80532038
I went to japan a while and got my dick sucked by everyone. Chicks actually ran up to me to take pictures with me. A huge part of japan is media, and in that aspect, we're the coolest shit ever.
>>
>>80531119
This
If you don't wan't to be hated mind your own business
>>
>>80532155
I don't think that was because you were american. I think it was because you were foreign.
>>
>>80531092
Both
You say that as if they were mutually exclusive
>>
>>80531092
Would you care to translate?
>>
>>80532041
This. I'm from New England and I've noticed it as I've visited over the last 10 years or so. It's a much nicer city since their buildings got knocked the fuck down.

Still smells like hot pennies and piss, though.
>>
File: 1455097599266.jpg (47 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
1455097599266.jpg
47 KB, 650x365
>>80531092
>>80531116
“I dislike the United States that dropped the nuclear bombs and does not regret it, I’m anti-security council, I’m against neutral alliance, and against Americanization, so obviously, I had no interest in riding an automobile.

I hate people who are proud that cheap Japanese cars are popular in America, and I look at people who wear badges of the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force that filled Vietnam with dioxins as enemies, so I’m against motorization. So why did such a man come to ride in an automobile?

When my wife’s belly began to grow the young me believed that as a husband, it was my duty to carry the same weight. So I decided that even though I did not know if it was a boy or a girl (since it hadn’t been born yet), in order to take my child to nursery school, I would go to driving school, a place that still gives me shivers to remember. All driving schools should burn to the ground!

My wife went through quite an ordeal with a difficult birth, but it was an equally difficult birth for me-” (the image cuts off here)

Picture of Miyazaki with the hat saids:
“Anti-jeans, anti-bourbon, anti-burgers”, “Hooray for suteteko! Fuck briefs!”, “Anti-fried chicken, anti-cola, anti-American coffee”, “What’s ‘my car’ you moron!?”, “Anti-New York, Anti-West Coast, Disneyland go back to America!”

Finally, the sketch on the lower left shows off a very angry Miyazaki, learning to drive with his instructor, while they both argue

Miyazaki is just a ball of bitterness

Source: http://nichegamer.com/2015/04/young-hayao-miyazaki-was-definitely-not-a-fan-of-the-united-states-disney-and-cars/
>>
so much beauty and wonder in the mind of a man that hates everything, including the beauty and wonder he creates.
>>
>>80532917
He holds the world up to his impossibly high standards. Everything sucks cause he can create worlds where nothing sucks.
>>
>>80532840
>I dislike the United States that dropped the nuclear bombs and does not regret it
And I dislike the Japan that threw its lot in with a megalomaniacal dictator and declared war on America and Europe out of general distaste, and tortured and killed about 10 million Chinese civilians just for shits, and pretends it didn't fucking happen to the point that they don't even teach it in their schools.

God, what a fucking shit country.
>>
>>80532166
I'm sorry anon, after I got up from ed this morning the first thing I did was interfere in the buisness of other nations. I just couldn't help myself. I usually can't. I rub one out, make an espresso, and then order some troop movements or a trade embargo, before I get to deciding where to send all my drones. I can't speak for my fellow Americans, but personally, I like to work in at least one international incident before I get in the shower.
>>
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

>>80533467
Cool blog post.

The thing is, the only reason to care about Miyazaki's opinion is because of his works (and only if you can't separate creator and product). Afaik you've not produced any cultural good, so...
>>
>>80534541
Then take it to the OP. He's the one who brought it up. I'm just commenting on it with a relevant counter-point. He openly disses America and denounces their actions in WWII, but overlooks the fact that his country did way worse, and was basically begging to be nuked. I feel bad for the civilians that died, and I don't argue the fact that America used the opportunity to show off, but Japan was not innocent, and was given chances to surrender a war that they basically joined just because they thought they could win.
>>
>Old man is a racist
>Jap is a xenophobe
Take your pick, either way it's not a huge shock. He's a Japanese man born in 1941, so it's not surprising that he'd hate America.

There's an obvious hypocrisy in his little rant, though. This is an empire that raped and murdered civilians, tortured POW's and performed vivisections on Chinese peasants - you could argue that it doesn't justify nuking civilians, but what right does Japan have to claim some kind of 'moral superiority' over anyone? Especially considering these are crimes that they still refuse to acknowledge. Even Osamu Tezuka, who wasn't above having a whine about the West in his manga, wasn't so blinded by nationalism that he didn't see this (or chose to ignore it), and criticized Japan's refusal to acknowledge these crimes. Also, the modern automobile is a German invention, but I don't doubt they were only getting American cars at that stage, and part of his gripe seems to be with the West more generally anyway, so whatever.

This is old shit, though: who knows, maybe time and experience has changed his views. Either way, he doesn't seem to enamored with Japanese culture now, and for all his Anti-American and anti-fried chicken sentiments he looks suspiciously like Colonel Sanders.
>>
>>80533467
Japanese people do not have empathy. All those terrible things they did to the Chinese, they'd do it again if they could get away with it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.