[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the ultimate marvel universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1024px-Ultimates-3.jpg (109 KB, 1024x533) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Ultimates-3.jpg
109 KB, 1024x533
What does /co/ think of the ultimate marvel universe?
>>
Good riddance to it.
>>
>>80518480
Funny bunny
>>
>>80518480
Started out excellent, slowly decayed into utter cancer before being euthanized.
>>
>>80518480
It was pretty good. Until it became really, really bad.
>>
>>80518508
Pretty much this. Ultimate Spidey was good for the whole Peter Parker run; his death (or rather, his funeral, that has some good feelz moments) is a good way to close the universe.
>>
The girls were fuckable.
>>
>>80518480
good idea
lets put all our characters into a coherent self contained universe
boil down origins to basic elements
get rid of 40 years of convoluted bullshit

and then everything went to shit
>>
Was the best thing other until ultimates 3 brought it all crashing down. Then everything got weird. Magnito stole thors hammer. Crushed professor xs brain and wolverine died because magnatisim .

For spider man it was great till the whole venom thing then slowly went down hill...green goblin was always underwhelming and doc oc is basically magneto with out the flight or the shield.

Amen went to shit with mr. Sinister

Fantastic 4 was there
>>
File: do want anal.jpg (38 KB, 284x449) Image search: [Google]
do want anal.jpg
38 KB, 284x449
I liked it, death meant a lot in comics again, main people STAYED dead.

And the evolution from
>Let's make this more realistic

To

>Let's see how fucking insane we can make this!
>half the US is exploded, other half is run by robots!
>Reed controls the fucking planet and is now a God-King!
>Mutants where a human created joke!
>So was Thor and the Gods... or not?
>>
>>80518480
Could have been a fantastic way to tell new stories without the spectre of elaborate continuity scaring off new readers.

Started off pretty good, then went really, really bad when Millar went of the deep end with Ultimates 3 and Jeph Loeb decided to shove all of the clearly quite serious trauma he was undergoing because of his son's death into Ultimatum.
>>
>>80518844
>Fantastic 4 was there
The first few Fantastic Four storylines they did were great and with a little tweaking would make for excellent films.
>>
>>80518480
It was good when it was under the control of good writers, and irredeemably bad once bad writers got control.

It was also a product of it's times. The Ultimates could only have been written in the Bush era.
>>
>>80518480
Mostly crap.
>>
>>80519167

Loeb was also the one who wrote Ultimates 3.
>>
>>80519167
>eally bad when Millar went of the deep end with Ultimates 3
Whem Millar went off the deep end he wrote Ultimate Avengers where Red Skull was Captain America's secret illegitimate son, Bruce Banner's science professor made the first Hulk serum and became a ganglord in South America and Daredevil was a vampire hunter
>>
>>80518480
garbage
>>
what do i read after ultimate spider man issue 133 for peter like is there more or is that it?
>>
>>80519746
That was all fun though.
>>
>>80519990
I love it all but it was retarded as shit
>>
>>80519907
Ultimate Spider Man Requiem.

followed by

Ultimate Comics Spider-man
>>
>>80518480
Look at all those dead people
>>
I dunno much about the Ultimate Universe, but I do know it was full of dumb decisions.
>let's make cap a racist asshole
>let's remove all of magneto's redeeming qualities
>let's make hulk a cannibal
>let's make scarlet witch and quicksilver have an incestuous relationship
>let's make hank pym, a guy who hit his wife ONCE in 616 while not completely himself at the time, a total wifebeater
>let's make deadpool a generic x-men villain
>let's kill a bunch of people for no good reason
Apparently the only good thing about it was Spiderman, and even that turned to crap after a while.
>>
File: EMH was cancelled for this.gif (3 MB, 343x193) Image search: [Google]
EMH was cancelled for this.gif
3 MB, 343x193
>>80518480
Loeb ruined it, just like he ruined Earth's Mightiest Heroes and retroactively Spectacular Spider-man.
>>
File: BACK TO FORMULA.jpg (583 KB, 597x1000) Image search: [Google]
BACK TO FORMULA.jpg
583 KB, 597x1000
>>80518480
>Almost every Ultimate Fantastic Four story was terrible
>all three movies have taken a huge amount of inspiration from it
I will never fucking understand.

Anyway, only Miller's X-men and the first 50 or so issues of USM were worth a damn. I never cared for Ultimates. Maker was pretty good at first, but like we all know jobbed so ridiculously hard.

Miles is horribly boring, I hate the fact that he survived.
>>
File: 1412632376085.gif (499 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1412632376085.gif
499 KB, 500x335
>>80520540
>"You had to choose between saving billions of people or saving me, Reed! You didn't choose me!"
>"But Sue, you're a part of those billions. Besides-"
>"YOU DIDN'T CHOOSE ME!!!"
>>
>>80521001
>Sue and Johnny's mom abandons the family and lets them think she's dead because "muh atlantis"
>Namor hits Sue when she rejects his advances, then forces her to kiss him, under threat of hitting new york with a tsunami
>all this shit >>80520151
>hawkeye drugs spider-man, him and cap leave him outside in the snow
>Wolverine leaves Cyclops to die slowly pinned under rubble so he can fuck jean
>Ultimates leave Peter to die after taking a bullet for Cap
>Jean goes from refusing to let Colossus kill Weapon X people who tortured them and forced to kill someone, to a psychotic dictator who provokes war and tries to kill Kitty

Everything except Ultimate Spider-Man, especially Ultimate JJJ, was absolute shit.
>>
>>80520151
You left out
>let's kill off Spider-Man/Peter Parker, the only fairly popular character still left, and race replace him with a boring little turd.

And it's the same little turd that Bendis now wants to be "the" Spider-Man in the main universe -- because stomping upon the corpse of Ultimate wasn't enough.
>>
>>80518480
Overall, pretty shit grimdark bull.
>>
>>80518480
Nice idea at first.
Spider-Man was the best thing about it for a while.
Ultimatum was the fatal wound.
Miles Morales was the death knell.
>>
>>80518480
What if Marvel heroes were all assholes + slow motion Spider-man rehash, the universe.
>>
Everything was good until Jeph MY SON IS DEAD Loeb made Ultimate 3, he went into a ground of edginess not even Millar could accomplish in those years, and lets no get into Ultimatum, from the looks he wanted all the heroes to die a terrible and violent dead, and in the end the Ultimate universe took such a blow it was irredeemable, good thing that is over now
>>
Ten years later, and it was still too early 2000's.
>>
>>80520151
>>80522860
I'm re-reading Ultimate Spider-man now and it almost feels like it knows it's the only good part of the universe. Everyone but Peter is just such a dick all the time.
>>
>>80518480
Widow tits and pussy / 10

Hope she gets revived.
>>
>>80518480
Ultimate JJJ was the fucking boss.
>>
I only read Ultimate Spider-Man. It was GOAT up through Death of Spider-Man, and even Miles run I thought was pretty okay for the most part.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.