[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard this show recently finished. Is it worth watching? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Gravity_Falls_logo.png (139 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
Gravity_Falls_logo.png
139 KB, 354x236
I heard this show recently finished. Is it worth watching? I remember seeing the first few episodes but then completely forgot about it after a few days.
>>
>>80517263
delete this before people post spoilers and yes its good
>>
Yes, it's worth watching.
>>
>>80517364
>>80517346
Cool. Well, I'm gonna be that guy and ask where I could stream/download it.
>>
>>80517487
watchcartoon
toonova
kisscartoon
>>
>>80517263
The first season is worth watching. So are the first few episodes of the second season . . . but after that, it's in the crapper. Secondary storylines are dropped, secondary characters recede further into the background, and the logic favoring the inevitable weirdness at the end of the series is lacking considerably.
>>
It doesn't get terribly interesting till the mid of the second season which sucks because you kinda have to watch almost every episode in order to understand it completely
>>
File: 1381378128440.png (211 KB, 331x352) Image search: [Google]
1381378128440.png
211 KB, 331x352
>>80518067
>>80518073
>>
>>80517263
If you go in expecting a fun comedy show about a few kids on their summer vacation with mystery solving acting as the framework for shenanigans you'll probably enjoy it a lot.

If you go in expecting deep lore and mysteries to be the main appeal while getting super invested in the story telling you'll probably be disappointed like the guys in the general.
>>
>>80517263
It's one of the best western animated shows in the past decade.
>>
>>80517263
I enjoyed enough to watch it twice.
There's alot there which you don't see till later or when watching knowing that there's an underlying message.
Also layered humor which is always fun. Something for the kiddies to laugh at while a sly adult joke slips in the back door.
>>
The mysteries themselves are genuinely entertaining; just don't hype yourself up too much, like most others.
>>
File: dvonlQh.png (985 KB, 1299x667) Image search: [Google]
dvonlQh.png
985 KB, 1299x667
>>80517263
So is the statue real or no?
>>
>>80517487
Kat or tpb easily
>>
File: Gravity_Falls_Logo.png (984 KB, 764x960) Image search: [Google]
Gravity_Falls_Logo.png
984 KB, 764x960
It's very good. There's a bit of depth. The humor is good.

Anyone know what cartoons are like it?
>>
>>80518067
>secondary characters recede further into the background
I don't think you were watching gravity falls
>>
>Watched one episode
>first joke was about money fraud
>second was a kidnapping joke
Watch it.
>>
Should we start a /gfg/ in trash or do we have too much dignity for that?
>>
>>80518073
What? S2b is rushed shit.
>>
>>80523873
over the garden wall
>>
>>80523873

steven universe reminds me a lot of it. it doesn't have the sharp comedy of gravity falls but it does have the same "summertime fun" vibe with the threat of the plot hanging over it. And I would consider the plot to SU to be better than GF
>>
File: That ass.png (114 KB, 470x437) Image search: [Google]
That ass.png
114 KB, 470x437
>>80517263
Yeah, it has a spider chick who got a fat ass and everything
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.