[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come in a movie all about a heightened connection between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Age of Ultron.jpg (790 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Age of Ultron.jpg
790 KB, 1600x900
How come in a movie all about a heightened connection between Iron Man and Ultron, Ultron's biggest one-on-one fight scene and most layered thematic conflict is with Captain America?
>>
Because then it would be Iron Man 3
>>
>>80516360
Because it's a mediocre movie.
>>
>>80516360
Because Whedon. Why was Iron Man the main character in the movie with Loki?
>>
>>80516360
To make up for the fact that Cap wasn't the main character in the first movie.

>>80517220
>Why was Iron Man the main character in the movie with Loki?
Because Iron Man was by far the MCU's most popular character at the time.
>>
>>80517461
He still is.
>>
>>80517936
Naw, Cap surpassed him last year.
>>
>>80518383

I hope Marvel doesn't go full retard and actually kill him off
>>
>>80518609
He's a goner.
>>
who fucking care
>>
>>80518609
It'd be cool if they kill him in infinity war 1.
>Final fight captain vs thanos and for some bullshit reason no one can help him
>Thanos breaks the shield and all the way trough the chest, the end
>People gets to truly feel thanos as a menace and hate his guts, making sure that they will pay the ticket for the second movie
>The avengers dissasemble for a while, letting the new movies get their space
Sounds good to me
>>
File: 1443579841687.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1443579841687.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>80516360
>How come in a movie all about a heightened connection between Iron Man and Ultron, Ultron's biggest one-on-one fight scene and most layered thematic conflict is with Captain America?

Because Iron Man is at conflict with Captain America

Ultron is Iron Man
>>
File: Thor vs Ultron.webm (2 MB, 840x476) Image search: [Google]
Thor vs Ultron.webm
2 MB, 840x476
Joss Whedon is a hack. Its not complicated and I dont understand what kind of answer you expect uninvolved in the production of the movie.
>>
>>80516360
there's this thing in storytelling called "foreshadowing", where repeated motifs, themes, and even actions and dialogue build to an inescapable conclusion
>>
>>80519798
I disagree. I think he's an overall good writer, though not without his problems.
>>
>>80516517
It might as well be, honestly.

The whole thing revolves around Iron Man fucking up. Even if Bruce is involved, Ultron never refers to him once. Tony has the Pym role in the MCU.

Anyway, this movie was shit. Second only to Incredible Hulk in terms of MCU's worst.
>>
>>80520386
>Anyway, this movie was shit. Second only to Incredible Hulk in terms of MCU's worst.
Both Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are objectively worse than either or those.
>>
>>80520632
>objectively
please stop
>>
>>80516360
Because it became a family affair. And will play into Civil War.

Tony regards Steve like an older or uncle brother that he never met. His dad loved him and talked about him with reverence, and no matter what Tony did, he was never going to be Captain America, in his father's eyes.

Tony decided to try and be the bigger person; To be god. He wanted to protect the whole world by putting it under constant anthropamorphic surveillance, like a stern overbearing father might. When Captain America only just stopped SHIELD from doing exactly that, only in a less personable fashion.

The big fight between Captain America and Ultron is a sort of like Cap being a dad to Tony, and fixing his mistakes. Tony was poorly raised, and Steven didn't realize he wasn't so much Tony's friend, as his target; His goal. Tony wants to be the soldier and idol that he thought his dad considered Steve.
>>
> Tony resents Steve because Steve was loved by Daddy more.
> Steve resents Tony for being egotistical and a bit of a jerk.
> T'challa hates Bucky because he killed his dad.
> T'challa gives no fucks about the Crater Town Accords
> Widow hates.
> Wanda hates Tony because he wiped out her family.
> Wanda loves Steve because he has helped her through tough times.
> Sam hates Tony because he being mean to his white boss bro.
> Rhodey hates Steve because he being mean to his white boss bro.
> Natasha hates not being banged by Steve.
> Natasha hates not being blacked by T'challa.
> Clint hates Natasha for being a slut
> Natasha hates Clint for going home and being a family man
> Scott hates Tony
> Peter just does shit
>>
>>80519798
Fuuck, is that finalized?

When Ultron grabs Thors throat it looks sooo bad.
>>
>>80516360
Because Evans is cheaper, so Disney wants to make him the posterboy of the MCU so nobody cares when they get rid of RDJ.
>>
File: 1457283042527.png (34 KB, 182x220) Image search: [Google]
1457283042527.png
34 KB, 182x220
>>80525352
>Blacked Widow is just jumping from guy to guy in hopes of getting laid
>>
File: 1425410349047.gif (607 KB, 190x285) Image search: [Google]
1425410349047.gif
607 KB, 190x285
I wonder what kind of jobs Cap has to do to pay for the Avenger things now that Tony is gone.
>>
>>80516360
Iron Man is the one that comes up with the plan that destroys the city bomb though.
>>
>>80520386
The Incredible Hulk was ok m8

The Thor movies are the worst ones
>>
>>80525352
>wanda loves steve
>not clint

As far as we can tell she gives fuck all about steve and clint is more of a mentor. Not to say that steve wont help her in civil war with the adjusting proccess but you dont leave that shit out bitch
>>
>>80527462
He probably still has residuals from his old movies and comics.
>>
>>80527638
According to interviews, Steve is her mentor and surrogate father/brother.
>>
>>80528932
I think Cap and Hawkeye will be her gay fathers.
>>
>>80528969
Hawkeye is retired at the start, though.
>>
"Layered", there's no depth in the marvel universe... the movies are mostly superficial.
>>
>>80529574
No capeshit has ever had depth.
TDK almost managed it, but it dropped the ball with TDKR and nobody has even tried doing that up until this day, and seeing the success of MoS, AoU, and the incoming successes of both BvS and Civil War, they won't have in a very long time because they don't need to bother.
>>
>>80516360
Tony only needed to confront Ultron if the movie wanted to teach Tony a lesson but it didn't. Age of Ultron sets up Tony as a potential villain. Ultron is Tony's dark side, something that can very easily manifest if Tony ever gives in to fear and makes a mistake. Now, this whole connection was actually addressed in the movie because Vision sort of represents Tony's light side. Ultron's final confrontation is with Vision and there they basically summarize their points of view. Ultron is pessimistic and doesn't believe the humanity can survive without his interference and Vision is optimistic and has hope.
>>
>>80519798
Nice rubber hammer, Thor!
>>
>>80529585
TDKR doesn't retroactively cause TDK to be a worse movie dipshit.

While TDK isn't the second coming of christ, and is full of mistakes and half-baked pseudo intellectual philosophizing, it's still NOT ONLY one of the strongest capeshit movies in terms of characters, themes, and complexity (which arguably isn't much) - it's also one of the stronger hollywood action movies of its decade. But those were mainly dogshit.

So what are you comparing its depth to? Some sundance festival bullshit?
>>
>>80529934
What I mean is that TDK was close, and the sequel finally could have hit the nail, but all the progress TDK made was thrown in the garbage.
>>
>>80516360
Whedon handled everyone but Tony like shit in Avengers because if you are not quippy, you are not a character to Whedon. So he wanted to rectify it and went a little on the nose especially with Cap.
>>
>>80530167
Cap was the only mishandled character in "The Avengers".
>>
File: Hawkeye.jpg (3 MB, 3200x2000) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye.jpg
3 MB, 3200x2000
>>80530216
Just to remind you: Hawkeye is supposed to make jokes, not be a joke.
>>
>>80530263
Rude.
>>
HEY
HELP ME
WOULD IRON MANS SPIRIT ANIMAL BE A FLYING SQUIRREL OR A CAT?
PLEASE HELP
THANKS
>>
>>80527462
those SHIELD missions weren't cheap, and Tony pays everyone a salary for Avengers missions, I'm sure he has some cold cash somewhere.
>>
>>80519798
>Thor vs ultron

Less than 10 seconds.
why the fuck is ultron even hesitating punching thors face in.

no weight behind his actions or motivations.
hur I wanna make a meteor
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.