[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this become such a long lasting franchise? I cannot think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: scooby-doo.jpg (66 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
scooby-doo.jpg
66 KB, 500x394
How did this become such a long lasting franchise? I cannot think of a single iteration of Scooby Doo actually being enjoyable for as long as I can remember. What is the appeal of this series?
>>
>>80509204

You just have shit taste, sorry.
>>
>>80509239

But there's no jokes. And the monsters aren't scary. And the animation is shit.

The only good part is Velma and Daphne getting fan art.
>>
>I cannot think of a single iteration of Scooby Doo actually being enjoyable for as long as I can remember.
Mystery Inc.
Zombie Island and some of the other late 90's films

But yeah the originals were garbage. Maybe because it was so cheap?
>>
>>80509479
>Mystery Inc
>good

Epic meme
>>
>>80509513
It's a good show anon.
It's like if Gravity Falls had a well written finale.
>>
>>80509513
/v/ please
>>
Velma mostly
>>
>>80509204
Because in the 70's only kids watched this kind of shows, and kids doesn't wanted MUH PLOT or MUH DEEP FEELINGS.
>>
>>80509340
It wasn't supposed to be scary
>>
>>80509204
Different time my friend some of us liked the hour of fat jokes on mama cass n other celebrities
>>
File: literallydaphme.jpg (16 KB, 163x375) Image search: [Google]
literallydaphme.jpg
16 KB, 163x375
>>80509204

You must be young.

I grew up on multiple iterations of Scooby Doo and the original Where Are You series is still the best too me.

The idea of roaming around the country side, and exploring cool abandoned places was awesome enough to me. Throw in all the gags and monsters, and it's that much better.

Is it dated? Yeah, for sure, and you're bound to like more recent stuff that you were born into. The series is a classic for a reason though.
>>
>>80509479
>Mystery Inc.

aka Legend of Korra: Talking Dog Edition.
>>
>>80510520
This and the fact that there was no real monsters made it seem like, shit old man jenkins could really actually be hiding something about the old lagoon done the road
>>
File: 1427675071569.jpg (758 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1427675071569.jpg
758 KB, 900x900
>>80509204
These two.
>>
i'm too shitfaced to elaborate, but kid me liked the original and so did a shitload of other kids. There's something that seems to work about it and the formulaic, predictable nature of it is a part of the answer. Also, the backgrounds and the atmosphere was nice and spoopy.

Also, Mystery Inc is fucking amazing.
>>
>>80513856
There are so many good iterations of Scooby Doo, it's ridiculous. If you don't like the original series, then it's probably not for you, but the formula is good and the characters are fun. If Be Cool has taught us anything, it's that Scooby is always good as long as the jokes hit.
>>
>>80509204
It was a really neat format for a show that was then drilled into the ground by the boots of countless remakes and clone shows
Actual quality is shit for most (except for Zombie island and MI)
And rewatching the live action movie as a stoner comedy made it way better
>>
>>80510520

Scooby Doo was dated even when I was little and I'm 26.
>>
>>80514172
It felt pretty new if you were really young when Cartoon Network had just started it's strat of showing old cartoons for cheap.
>>
>>80514223
Nah I was pretty young and I got bored of it quick. I loved Flinstones and Top Cat though.
>>
>>80509204
>I cannot think of a single iteration of Scooby Doo actually being enjoyable for as long as I can remember
Let's plot a course.
>>
>>80509204
I don't know man pup named scooby doo was fucking amazing
>>
They tapped into archetypal characters lodged deep within our cultural mythos that were irresistibly compelling.

Same reason why Star Wars became such a giant franchise instead of just another sci-fi flick.
>>
>>80510556
>>80509513
Nice samefagging.
>>
in the new scooby show why did they completely change shaggy and velma's voice characterizations?

scooby at least sounds like scooby. im pretty sure fred is the same VA theyve been using since the original show. and daphne is the same modern daphne theyve been using for a while now

so why did they ditch their normal shaggy and velma imitators?
>>
>>80515059
uh... anon Matthew Lillard still voices Shaggy.
>>
>>80515470
what happened to Casey Kasem?
>>
>>80515059
I'm not sure why Natalie isn't Velma anymore. She might have busy when they were recording BCSD so they cast someone else. I guess we'll see when the next movie comes out whether she'll come back or not.

>>80515646
He died.
>>
>>80515646
bruh
>>
>>80515646
Oh boy do I have some news for you
>>
Which of the movies are worth watching?
The last one I saw was Alien Invaders.
>>
>>80515646
He became a vegetable and his wife stole his body from his children. She then tried to smuggle it to Canada to do some weird shit to it. She got busted, but I don't think she went to jail. I think his kids cremated him after all of that and spread his ashes somewhere.
>>
File: 512G0G5TH6L.jpg (54 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
512G0G5TH6L.jpg
54 KB, 358x500
>>80516011
>somewhere
>>
>>80509204

Man, OP, you need to relax and take things less seriously.

We need to get you to the malt shop!
>>
How did Superman become such a long lasting franchise?

I'm skimming through early Action Comics and it's all fucking awful, just the same shit without any endearing characters. It's plainly obvious how Captain Marvel slaughtered him
>>
>>80516540
Captain Marvel ran into copyright issues even before the Marvel comics problems. It's a character that has been plagued by legal issues nearly since its inception, while Superman both originated the concept and didn't get fucked by lawyers.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.