[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom Patrol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Doom_Patrol_003.jpg (145 KB, 500x769) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Patrol_003.jpg
145 KB, 500x769
Full cartoon series when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyOwPv18EE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wl1csVeuoA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3bJokxgkQ
>>
>>80501172
never

Why haven't they continued the DC Nation shorts on their youtube or something?
>>
HA! These are great. They capture the golden age style.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 584x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 584x396
There alot of DC Nation shorts that would really benefit from becoming entire shows.

http://youtu.be/BdXFFATVQ68
http://youtu.be/PNyBWgOg7D0
>>
The fact that these are so good is such a tease. It's like eating but not getting full.

There's worse things, I guess. Like Rachel Pollack's run.
>>
>>80501172
Storytime? forty keks?
>>
>>80501172
Man these shorts are really cool. Why can't we have this? WHY?
>ttg garbage is still on air
>>
>>80501853
>Doom Patrol
>golden age
>>
>>80501983

>No full DC Nation cartoon block
>Plastic Man, Super Best Friends Forever, Doom Patrol, Shazam

Never ever.

Tales of Metropolis is good too. Animal Man is okay. Didn't care for Wonder Woman or Green Arrow.
>>
File: 1451279914222.jpg (374 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1451279914222.jpg
374 KB, 1000x666
>>80501983
>that Shazam ending
My sides
>>
>>80501995
Drake>Morrison=Pollack

Eat shit
>>
>>80501172
All I want is a Live Action Doom Patrol Film
>>
>>80503863
>Eat shit

For totally agreeing with ya? Well, mostly agreeing with you. I rank Morrison over Pollack. Morrison's run had its moments. Drake is the best though.

No comic has yet to recapture the feel of the original Doom Patrol. That fucking ending. Most mainstream cape comics don't have the guts to do something like that.
>>
>>80503898

Ron Perlman as Clifford Steele.
>>
>>80501172
This reminds me, Gods and Monsters S2 when ? i bet that it will be around the launch of killing joke
>>
>>80503798
>Arkham Tim
>comic everyone else
This bothers me more than it should
>>
>>80504039
Thats because its the only memorable version of Tim
>>
>>80504039
It bothers me too anon
>>
Okay, so.

The Morrison retcon about the Chief and how the team got their powers. Good or bad?
>>
>>80504234
Good in the sense that it worked for morrison and the story he was telling.
>>
Storytime? Or does anyone know where I can read good doom patrol?
>>
>>80504234
It worked at the time, but it falls into 'Xavier's a villain...what now?" territory but even moreso.

The Doom Patron needs the Chief to keep their shit together, and his turning from a strict but well intentioned man to a borderline monster has, I think, been a significant part of keeping the Doom Patron from really clicking after Morrison's run.

Turning the Brotherhood from some of the most vicious motherfuckers in the setting into a joke didn't help, they've never really escaped "A robot and a monkey make out." either.
>>
>>80504735
>doom patron

jesus christ fingers, I even proofread that. lol.
>>
>>80504735
>Turning the Brotherhood from some of the most vicious motherfuckers in the setting into a joke didn't help, they've never really escaped "A robot and a monkey make out." either.

I felt like Doom Patrol began as something earnest but unapologetically weird and slowly devolved, through different writers, into something that exists only to be ironic.

Kinda makes me wish Mike Mignola would take a jab at it. It'd never happen, but he's the kind of guy who'd treat the series well.
>>
>>80504067
Arkham Tim was really close to being Dick though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.