[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wa she a good Kingpin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: MCD-Kingpin.jpg (45 KB, 406x500) Image search: [Google]
MCD-Kingpin.jpg
45 KB, 406x500
Wa she a good Kingpin?
>>
>>80501011
He nailed the size, but he had bad material to work with.
>>
>>80501011
>Wa she

Well, I fucked up.

I meant "was he".
>>
I don't really know about the character, but I really loved this guy also, he did nothing wrong

Please enlighten me /co/, is the comics kingpin similar to this awesome gentleman?
>>
>>80501011

Hope shes as good in the Ghostbusters remake
>>
>>80502002
Not really. This version is way more vulnerable and flawed and was more of an origin story to the formidable crime boss he is in the comics.
>>
>>80502018
WE ALL GHOSTBUSTERS
>>
>>80501011

yes.
>>
He was the best part of a shit film. Duncan was the only person who seemed to know what kind movie he was in and played it accordingly.

>tfw I watched the Director's Cut because everyone said it redeemed the movie

Liars, the lot of them.
>>
>>80502002
Nah, comics Kingpin doesn't really sugarcoat what he's about.
The dude's son killed himself when he found out what his dad was, and Kingpin brought him back to life with the intention of making him join the business anyways because fuck you, he's the Kingpin.
>>
>>80501011
Yes
>>
File: story196.gif (7 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
story196.gif
7 KB, 600x450
>>80501011
Everytime I see this man, the more unbelievable I find it that he's gone
>>
>>80502855
He genuinely seemed like one of the sweetest guys on the planet.
>>
>>80502855
>>80502878
Not even his clone on The Island could save him ;~;
>>
>>80502019
>was more of an origin story to the formidable crime boss he is in the comics.
Because it is.
>>
I'M AN OUTLAW
>>
A little shallow, and he was too traditionally physically imposing to pull off the surprise of Kingpin actually being beast mode. But that's a TALL ORDER.

I loved his swagger, though, and I think he could've done a great job with a better script.
>>
>>80501011
>she
That's not a girl anon
>>
>>80502952
>he was too traditionally physically imposing to pull off the surprise of Kingpin actually being beast mode. But that's a TALL ORDER.

Yeah, a guy who looks morbidly obese but is actually all muscle makes sense in a comic book world, but in real life that's more or less impossible.
>>
>>80502978
I never bought that shit. I'll accept he's muscular as fuck, but there's gotta be fat on it. Just say he's uberbearmode and leave it at that.
>>
>>80501011
He was a great Kingpin, and the only good part of the movie. It shows race bending can work, it all really depends on the actor.

>>80502002
I think the Netflix Kingpin also showed changing a character from the source material can also work if in the right hands.
>>
>>80502978
Not as much as you'd think, a lot of strength trainers and weight lifters look "strongfat" instead of what we think of as the traditional sculpted body (which is actually a fairly new thing unless you won the genetic lottery or had the time and money to work out instead of just work.)

The trick is getting an actor that skips leg day or is willing to look like he skips leg day. Having a leaner build is more versatile for acting roles, so you rarely if ever see actors who focus on one type of body training.
>>
>>80503028
He's a comic book character.

And a criminal, are you going to say, "Surprise Spider-Man! My physique is ALL MUSCLE!" or "Surprise Spider-Man! Despite a naturally ponchy bodytype I have a strict exercise regimen, a personal trainer and years of grappling experience!" like which one is going to make Fancy Dan afraid to shoot you.
>>
>>80502002
This iteration if Kingpin is based on Love and War. And MCD Kingpin is based on old Spider-Man comics.
>>
>>80503298
I dunno, Kingpin gets pretty damn chatty with Spider-Man. He always takes the time to fill him in on how he didn't die the last time they met or whatever. I suspect the guy likes Spidey more than he'd care to admit.
>>
>>80503422
Its just nice having someone who'll listen and appreciate how you carefully cheated death. All Matt does is brood most of the time.
>>
>>80501036
Great actor, great performance, absolute shit script. I feel like the only reason he was good despite his script was because the director may have respected Duncan enough give him some leeway with his performance.

Usually with good actors given shit scripts, they can't save it, because there's no way to deliver a bad line well. See Natalie Portman in the Star Wars prequels for one of the worst cases of this.
>>
>>80503573
Was Portman even recognized as a good actress then? Didn't she start the role super young?
>>
>>80503546
Right? I swear it's like the guy is deaf or something.
>>
>>80503620
She had gotten critical acclaim for Leon the Professional a few years before.
>>
Does Kingpin still use that laser cane these days?
>>
>>80503620
By Revenge of the Sith she definitely was. Even so, with only Leon on her resume, she was a hell of a lot better than Padme.
>>
>>80505676
No.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.