[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbB I1dmJX9c Anyone watch E
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: CZ6y4XFWkAAw_hD.jpg (41 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CZ6y4XFWkAAw_hD.jpg
41 KB, 600x338
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbBI1dmJX9c

Anyone watch Eddsworld back in the day?
I always felt it was the only flash series I could easily see as a full fledged TV show
>>
Dedd's world
>>
>>80497159
It has a solid set of characters, that's for sure.
Level headed leader, Cynical drunk, lovable vain idiot.
>>
>>80497242
Yeah I loved the show when Edd wrote it. therees something here if someone other than Tom was in charge of writing
>>
So is it ending for real or is Tom just leaving it to somebody else?
>>
>>80497159
>that video
SILKY SMOOTH 0.25 FRAMES PER SECOND
>>
>>80497358
Leaving it to someone else, though it's implying that theyll be killing of his character. I hope they dont, they should just replace the voice to keep the dynamic.

Apranntly Tom thinks he's bigger than Eddsworld now. He bad mouthed Edd on some interview the other month
>>
>>80497450
I saw that. Dude gets left Edd's legacy and says "They weren't really friends, just work colleagues"

He uploads a video of himself crying over his death. He has Edd's fucking ashes on his work desk and says they "weren't really friends"
>>
>>80497472
>>80497450
Do you have a link to the interview?
>>
"Have I taken 1/4 of a year off from making videos? Yes. Do I have some of the coolest videos I'll ever make lined up for production. Yes. - T. James Ridgewell @thetomska25 Apr"
>>
>>80497159
>That Undertale refference
FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT
GET OUT OF MY BOARD YOU FUCKING NORMIES
GO BACK TO TUMBLR
NORMIIIIIIIIIES
>>
>>80497450
"Apranntly Tom thinks he's bigger than Eddsworld now. He bad mouthed Edd on some interview the other month" sauce?
>>
>>80497809
You know, there's no real way you would have gotten that reference had you not played the game and actually read the bratty/catty dialogue. The reference itself was not intrusive to the plot or progression of the episode in any way and to anyone who hasn't played the game it would have just looked like regular ol' laughter.

I smell shenanigans
>>
>>80497159
The thing Tom made out of Eddsworld, Idk, it doesn't feel the same.
Sure the animation is better and all, but it feels so... idk soulless
>>
>>80497472
Are you kidding me? This is bullshit, I don't believe you
>>
>undermeme reference
>muslim girl out of nowhere
>random brown people
Ugh
>>
>>80497472
>>80497450
Source?
>>
>>80500097
>muslim girl out of nowhere
>random brown people

Are you implying only white people should exist in cartoons?
>>
>>80500097
I think the muslim girl design was based on the appearance of a donator.
It's like the guy who bursts into the saloon wearing a narwhal shirt.
>>
>>80500536
Theres no reason a muslim girl with a hijab should be in the wild west.
>>
>>80500624
Sure there is, she like a lot of the characters are based on donators.

It'd be like complaining about those portraits in Shovel Knight.
>>
>>80500624

Maybe the cowboys were just out of donkeys and needed to make do
>>
>>80500624
You could say the same for a lot of the characters in the short.
>>
>>80500658
>characters were based on donators
Oh well never mind then.
>>
>>80500624
There were muslim immigrants in the wild west, though. lrn2history.
>>
I think it's undeniably shitty of Edd to ask Tom, a spineless, weak willed Jellyfish who could never possibly say no, to continue his own passion project after he dies. It's literally called EddsWorld, how could you ask your friend to dedicate his life to something that's named after you?
>>
>>80502797
I think Edd was thinking more on not letting fans down and ending it.
>>
>>80502894
There's also that narrative, where Edd left behind a couple scripts and recorded lines, and that was it, and everything after it is Tom milking the fanbase and brand recognition.
Tom being a shitty person is much more believeable and respectable than Edd being a shitty person
>>
Zanta Claus 2 was my first EddsWorld episode. What were yours?
>>
>>80497894
>they're featured in the trailer
You don't exactly need to play the game to know they're from Undertale.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.