[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have five seconds to prove that you aren't Grant Morrison.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: grant-morrison.jpg (420 KB, 732x1025) Image search: [Google]
grant-morrison.jpg
420 KB, 732x1025
You have five seconds to prove that you aren't Grant Morrison.
>>
Superheroes are a cancer killing global culture.
>>
ya knoo uh relly thenk uh cannae dewit en lussen 5 suconds m8. sory
>>
Dick cant be batman
>>
>>80486588
I have a full head of hair.

And a functional sense of humility.
>>
>>80486588
I don't think I could eat a steak in 5 seconds.
>>
hypercrisis don't real
>>
>>
But anon, if we truly believe it to be so, we could all be Grant Morrison.
>>
>>80486588
Alan Moore a a real nigga
>>
File: HierophantSpeaks.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
HierophantSpeaks.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
That man's about as authentically mystic as "eggy in the basket" is authentically English.
>>
>>80486742

Well, Grant's a vegan, so...

Wait

>I don't think I could eat a steak in 5 seconds

I FOUND HIM
>>
>>80486588

I think Grant's worldview is inherently self-contradictory and relies on some sort of inherent moral fabric to the universe that necessitates the existence of an ultimate good for the universe to be patterned from. Yet he attributes that ultimate good to some sort of undiscovered aspect of humanity itself. It's too Rousseau-like but lacking the belief in a divine and loving creator to explain where that goodness comes from in the first place.

Maybe it's just because I come from a pretty devout religious background, I find it difficult to see how you can maintain that worldview without acknowledge the existence of a Prime Mover or ultimate good of some sort.
>>
>>80486588
I have hair
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm not teal, I don't even know what makes a man teal.
>>
if post number is 52, I'm grant morrison
>>
>>80487004

Dude, read the Filth and Multiversity. It's pretty clear that, if Morrison believes in a prime mover, it's personified in the creative impulse, the desire to make. That's as high as it gets for him.
>>
>>80487004
recursive time loops
>>
>>80487161

That's what I meant by him attributing it to an aspect of humanity, yet no explanation for where that creative impulse is derived from in the first place.

Inspiration, in Morrison's mind, simultaneously comes from within and from without and I've always had difficulty wrapping my head around how he thinks that's parsimonious.
>>
Telling a good story using comic books as a medium is more important than wanking over how Important comics (by which I mean DC superheroes) are.
>>
File: lex-luthor-all-star-superman.jpg (110 KB, 928x421) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor-all-star-superman.jpg
110 KB, 928x421
>>80487390

I don't think I can put it more succinctly than he did.
>>
>>80486588
I'm on /co/.
>>
>>80488246

You really think Grant Morrison would think that he's too good to hang out here?
>>
>>80486675
You ain't Morrison.
>>
when this thread get to 52 posts, you're gonna see some shit
>>
>>80487529
I was about to post this, thanks anon

Other anon hopefully this clarifies it
>>
>>80487529
>>80488532

Eh I guess for me that's still not a satisfactory enough reason. Like I said, I think it's just a difference of worldview on my part.
>>
>>80486588
Can anyone REALLY prove we are not all tiny parts of Grant Morrison in one of his comics?
>>
>>80488742

Can't definitively prove a negative, anon.
>>
>>80488742
can't be a part of what doesn't exist
>>
I grant you permission
>>
>>80486588
Hair.
>>
Remember back in issue 89 of Detective Comics when...?
>>
>>80487390
>Inspiration, in Morrison's mind, simultaneously comes from within and from without
Well yeah. Inspiration is a team effort of ones thoughts and experiences, the two of the influencing eachother.

What you see influences the way you think, even as what you think influences the things that you see.
>>
>>80488806
But does it?
>>
>>80486588
I don't read comics.
>>
>>80489116
no. the illusion of individuality is an emergent phenomenon. there is no barrier separating the parts of vibrating space-time which emulate me from the parts which emulate Morrison or that rock or the electricity in my computer
>>
>>80488306
Hmmm...good point.
>>
I don't fuck cosplayers.
>>
>>80489071

I can understand that, but the question is, where did that first inspiration come from? We get ideas from what we see and how we interact with the universe, but they had to enter a mind somehow first, and I guess how I see it, Morrison's cosmology doesn't account for what drove humanity to think creatively and craft stories in the first place other than "it's just what humans do".
>>
>>80489258
your missing out. no one else will wear a short skirt with nothing underneath when they come over
>>
I find the silver age hokey and poorly written.
>>
Alan Moore is the greatest Wizard in all of England and a comic art genius.
>>
>>80487004

Is that why most of the heroes/villains in his works are usually very clear-cut?
>>
>>80487390
Why would you need it to derive from anything? It is the thing.
If you believe in God, you don't need an explanation of where god comes from. If the ultimate force is the creative impulse of humanity, the universe exists so that this thing could manifest itself, justified by its own existence.
Adding a dude in the sky who writes bibles and shit is an extraneous step in the process, and it would be nothing but an aspect of this creative impulse made manifest anyway.

God is not creation. God did not make creation. Creation made god. Creation made everything.
>>
>>80489461
He's just being true to the medium.
>>
>>80486588
You can actually understand what I'm talking about and everything I talk about or write isn't some self-indulgent piece on how clever I think being too lazy to reconcile discrepancies makes me
>>
>>80486588

Fine I'll prove I'm not Morrison.
It can't be that hard to prove I'm not a bald Scottish chaos magician.
Firstly I'm neither bald nor Scottish.
Then there's the fact I'm not a magician.
You'd think I'd know if I was a magician, chaotic or otherwise.

There's also the fact I don't wright comic books, nary a one.
Well, I've thought about it but never really got past the first draft stage.
Only a rough outline really.
>>
The last 2 numbers of this post won't be 52
>>
>>80490335

Shucks, I made a typo there "Write" not "Wright"
How embarrassing.
A clear example of why I don't write professionally.
Man I can't get over that.
An inexcusable lapse.
Never gonna live it down.
>>
//we-are-all-grant-morrison//
>>
>>80490335
>>80490511
I c wat u did dere
>>
>>80490496
>last two numbers or 96
>96 and 52 have a common factor of 4
>96 = (4 x 24) or (4 x (4 x 6))
>52 = (4 x 13)

There's gotta be something here.
>>
I still love Warren Ellis
>>
>>80486588
I have never once relied on 2deep4u bullshit.
>>
>>80486588
This is a coherent sentence.
>>
File: njad.png (79 KB, 386x479) Image search: [Google]
njad.png
79 KB, 386x479
because i dont have that shirt

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THE >>80486588 SHIRT
>>
>>80486588
I'm straight and can write decently.
>>
Magic isn't real
>>
I like mark millar
>>
>>80498322

...are you Mark Millar's mother?
>>
>>80498372
no

Huck is one of the best comics out right meow
Starlight was amazing
Old Man Logan and Red Son are great
Ultimates 1-2 are fantastic
His Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four stuff was good.
Enemy of the State was good
Supercrooks, Secret Service, and Superior were great fun
and His Authority stuff was good.

man has written some shite but so have a lot of peeps.
>>
inb4 another pointless page 10 bump
>>
>>80486588
I was Grant Morrison, was were we all, but then I left the primordial universal pool of conciousness that he also left and grew to be my on self, pullin it apart from the all that is creation.

Someday, we all shall be Grant Morrison. when we (you, me, Grant, everyone) return our conciousnesses to the nothing that is All of Creation, adding our most personal experiences to it, making it grow and evolve, until our Selfs feel the need to again reconstruct themselves from the Whole of Creation, returning changed and reshaped, to do the whole process all over again.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.