[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everyone is already wearing Deadpool t-shirts >"LOLOL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
>Everyone is already wearing Deadpool t-shirts
>"LOLOL DEADPOOL IS EPIC"
>Non-stop people proclaiming they're big fans of Deadpool
>DEADPOOL DEADPOOL DEADPOOL

Anyone getting a little overwhelmed by Deadpool's success recently? Like holy shit calm down.
>>
>recently

Deadpool has been normiebait ever since waypool.
>>
>>80486226
Literally everything since wades run. Deadpool became the meme machine during that shit, shoulda just read him as filthy frank.
>>
>>80486226
I really don't care.

Grow the fuck up OP.
>>
>>80486226

This shit has been happening literally since Star Wars. Fucking millennials, how hard is it to grasp that popular genre-movies always end up spawning legions of fans? Stop giving a shit whether the thing you like/hate is popular.
>>
>>80486416
>>80486428

Here we go, triggered some Deadpool fans. Will you guys shut the fuck up and stop pretending to be like these "LE COMIC BOOK" nerds? It's fucking annoying. Yes, we get it. You're fans. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>80486466

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>80486545
He's baiting for fucks sake, don't you get it anon?
>>
>>80486226
I was worried at first that it was going to happen like many things before it, but since the movie is actually a fairly good adaptation I don't really mind.
>>
>>80486610
Why do I get pissed off when a bunch of people like my underground shit? I should be happy something that I love is admired by many. But when I see the legion of normiefags spouting unnecessary shit and proclaiming themselves to be hardcore fans towards that said genre I get so fucking pissed.
>>
>>80486676
that I can think of, maybe because you're invested in the shit you like and you have a sense of property to it so it's literally
>fuck off it's mine!
specially if the thing you like is mass friendly but not very known but when it becomes mainstream most people turn into huge fans overnight and another bunch pretend to like it because it's the flavor of the week
>>
>>80486676

Because you are underage, and can't enjoy things on their own merit. You have a need to conform to some perceived socio-cultural group (and/or antagonize some other group) to reinforce your opinions, because you lack the will or the capacity for independent thinking and judgement.
>>
>>80486226
This has been happening since 2008. Hardly a new phenomenon.
>>
If you didn't laugh at the liefield jokes because you didn't get them, fuck off normie
>>
File: 1308700783989.png (7 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1308700783989.png
7 KB, 429x410
I don't know where you've been the last 8 years
>>
>>80486226

Actual genuine question: how young are you?

For real, how young are you?

You're actually acting mystified that people enjoy popular things, much as an autistic 13 year old might struggle to grasp social concepts
>>
The "original" fan getting upset that his private franchise is now gathering a larger fanbase because it had a movie made about it.

that about sum this thread up?

"bu-bu-but I liked it before it was well-known!"

We should call this 'Lord of the Rings syndrome'
>>
>>80486226
It happens, everybody on /co/ was a daredevil fan in April last year
>>
If you don't like the current writing or the direction its taking that's fine,but if you start not liking something just because its popular you're a idiot.
>>
>>80486226
On the bright side the amount of merch showing up everywhere is great, and my girlfriend got me a bunch of Deadpool stuff for my birthday. I bought some comics recently too. Finally got around to reading the Skrull arc, it was great.
>>
The next one can have so much potential.
>>
>>80486226
this is reddit, this is memes
>>
>>80486676
Cultural Appropriation.
>>
File: 364.png (72 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
364.png
72 KB, 300x249
>liking deadpool
>any year
>>
File: nonplussed frog.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed frog.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>80493012
If I had the money I'd buy Reddit and close it forever, just so I wouldn't fucking have to see people on 4chan accuse things of being 'reddit' ever again.
>>
>>80486226
I didn't understand the kitty litter joke.
>>
>>80486226
You shouldn't be worried about people wearing shirts, you should be worried about movie studios making clone after clone after clone of Deadpool
>>
>>80486226
Sounds like you're in highschool.

I haven't seen any of this shit in the real world.
>>
>>80486226
>people like something that is popular
>OP gets upset

Sounds like you're a hipster bitch, anon.
>>
>>80486267

I'd say ultimate alliance is caused his initial popularity burst.
>>
>>80486226
>had a deadpool wallet since high school
>every other cashier comments on it
>>
File: Agent_X_h4.jpg (176 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
Agent_X_h4.jpg
176 KB, 600x558
>>80495209
>He didn't like Kelly's run, and to a lesser degree, Simone's run and Agent X
wew, lassie
>>
>>80497554
>i was totally into this shit since 20 years ago I swears
Jesus Christ...
>>
File: img.jpg (36 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
36 KB, 478x359
>>80497601
>reading comics
>any year
>>
>>80497621
>i was totally into this shit since 20 weeks ago I swears
FTFY
>>
could have been worst, Fox could have used the Chimichangas catch phrase in the movie, instead burying it in the middle of a joke.
>>
>>80497535
hipsters are the ones that hop on hype trains, these days. keep up with your terminologies
>>
>>80497770
Yes but we do it ironically.
>>
>>80497744
>implying Fox gave a fuck about this movie
>>
>>80497818
They definitely give a fuck about the sequel.
>>
>>80495279
If I had money to donate, I would donate it all for that cause. It would be the first cure for cancer.
>>
>>80495279
If I had the money, I'd buy a time machine, travel back in time and kick your dad in the balls really hard.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.