[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WB couldnt figure out how to fix Green Lantern before Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-03-05-20-55-20-848326630.jpg (3 KB, 104x186) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05-20-55-20-848326630.jpg
3 KB, 104x186
WB couldnt figure out how to fix Green Lantern before Justice League's production began

How can we fix it?
>>
>>80484049
I hope he gets a good creative team for Rebirth.
>>
>>80484049

Space Cops. In Space.
>>
>>80484049
Buddy cop movie in space.
>>
make it rated R

everybody is doing it these days
>>
>>80484049
Training Day. In space.
>>
>>80484160
>>80484160
>Buddy cop
I'm pretty sure /co/ doesn't even know what this is. It's a knee jerk reaction to a Green Lantern thread
>>
>>80484109
>>80484160
>>80484195
First Flight did this and even if it was an average film it still worked. SINESTRO AND HAL. TRAINING DAY IN SPACE. REALLY NOT THAT HARD WARNER BROS.
>>
>>80484049
Drop Hal Jordan, he sucks.
>>
>>80484195
>>80484160
Basically this AKA Green Lantern First Flight. Part of the problem is a good Green Lantern movie requires A LOT of $$$green$$$ in terms of effects
>>
John Stewart.

Make it fucking Rambo meets Dredd in fucking space. Angry black man beating the fuck out of terrorist aliens and kicking the ass of corrupt alien governments.
>>
>>80484279

First Flight was a good movie and if they went with the common live action lenght (2 or so hours) they would still have around 30min to add stuff.
>>
File: countdownarena_02_02.jpg (66 KB, 574x376) Image search: [Google]
countdownarena_02_02.jpg
66 KB, 574x376
3 words:

In Darkest Knight.
>>
File: star trek gltas.jpg (250 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
star trek gltas.jpg
250 KB, 700x800
The Star Trek format also works. In space.
>>
The multiple lantern corps is interesting
they should look to it more, if they do it right this can be more interesting than starwars

Don't make the lanterns in to an exclusive one person thing, yes even the orange one, its so limiting

Bring back Allan Scott with his startheart
>>
You know, even though the film was shit, I still liked Ryan reciting the oath
>>
>>80484432

> don't make the orange one limited to one person

THAT'S THE POINT.
>>
>>80484432
>Even the orange one
Do you know ANYTHING about Larfleeze?
>>
>>80484049
put John in the league and have Hal be the main lantern in the solo movies with them focusing on the Lantern Wars then bring Blackest Night for Justice League 2.
>>
>>80484049
Don't bother.

Just hire back Reynolds now that he's got an actual following and call it the first movie of the DCEU. The fanboys will fucking lap it up like it's Affleck's day-old jism out of Terrio's ass, and the back catalog sales of the home releases will eventually make up for the losses it originally incurred, because people will want to know where these plotlines are coming from that are drawn from it.

It's not going to be high quality cinema but then what is? And it's not like WB can afford another couple of years like the last two. Profits are down, and that's bad.
>>
>>80484515
he sucks
>>
A quick 5 minute elevator pitch?

Take away the old fashioned formality and stiffness from it

I imagine something like The Matrix. A human wakes up naked in strange location with nothing but the ring on. Looks around and everything looks fantastical and alien. He is taken by Corps members to the city and given the rundown. Theyre in space, on a planet called Oa according to the conclave's leader Sinestro. The Guardians dont exist or left long ago, but the artificial planet still plucks people from across the universe. None of them really know why theyre there. The only history left lies in the planets core where the oath is inscribed above a giant power lantern. Sinestro is the de facto leader and propagator of the military force known as the Corps, but the mystery still remains of what theyre all supposed to be. The new arrival causes controversy because there has never been more than 1 person from a single sector on Oa. Did I mention the ring causes immortality? Hal Jordan has been around for hundreds of years (kind of like Kingdome Come) and although him and Sinestro are friends, the new arrival John Stewart will create a series of events that will lead to a galaxy spanning trek and violent faction split on Oa and a world - and finally solve the mystery of the Green Lantern.
>>
>>80484432
>yes even the orange one, its so limiting

Nigger the whole point behind that is to drive home the theme of Orange = Greed.

You dense cunt.
>>
File: 3099325313_2_3_2d4qmbKM.jpg (90 KB, 649x813) Image search: [Google]
3099325313_2_3_2d4qmbKM.jpg
90 KB, 649x813
>>80485081
This sounds like a very interesting movie.

But a piece of shit AS a GL movie.

If you are making a centuries old Lantern at least pick Alan or that chinese guy that lived centuries in the past that was the first human Lantern. Immortal Hal is horrible.

Imagine Alan as a real scotish or irish guy from the middle ages, making a claymore with the ring. That is a little better, but still, your entire idea sounds bad for a GL movie.
>>
>>80485081
i like this, tell me more
>>
>>80484049
Fuck off back to /tv/.

>>>/tv/66729676
>>
>>80485081
Cool idea. Although IMO, it's probably better for a different Sci-fi/fantasy movie instead of GL. It's just not close enough to the GL that fans know and want. I like the idea tho
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: ONE HUNDRED PERCENT METAL.jpg (319 KB, 700x708) Image search: [Google]
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT METAL.jpg
319 KB, 700x708
>>80485617
>Imagine Alan making a claymore with the ring

Fortunately I don't have to
>>
File: 1454212261840.png (94 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454212261840.png
94 KB, 557x605
>>80484416
>That Star Trek Green Lantern crossover
>>
This
>>
Men in Black meets Star Wars

1.) dont go pure space, dont go pure earth... have a story that connects both
2.) ignore Johns emotional spectrum, focus on Green and Yellow
3.) have Sinestro to be a rogue Lantern from the beginning (explore his development in flashbacks/exposition)
>>
Not having Green Lantern in the Justice League movie is a mistake.

Nobody gave a shit about Hulk, now with his exposure in Avengers everyone is asking for another Hulk solo.
They should do the same with GL, introduce him in a popular movie, show his qualities and make him likeable.
>>
bumping for GL fags
>>
>>80484432
>Don't make the lanterns in to an exclusive one person thing, yes even the orange one, its so limiting
>Make the Lantern Corps whose aspect is uncontrollable greed into a group who share their power source.
>Missing the point this hard.
>>
GL is too wacky for Justice League

Notice how grounded Krytpton was. Wont be the same
>>
Make a Sinestro Corps War movie and never go to Earth.
>>
>>80484049
>Fix the costume so that it doesn't look retarded (basically making it more in line with the other DCEU costumes; instead of making it some awful CGI shit, make it an actual physical costume)
>Hal and John Stewart, as it would be the easiest to adapt them. Maybe throwing in Kyle and Guy eventually too
>space opera
>four movies instead of three
>first movie introduces us to the GLC, Hal, John, Sinestro, etc. Buddy cop origin flick in space. Villain is a bait and switch thing, with someone else initially appearing to be the villain but Sinestro being the 'true' villain or at least the more personal bad guy
>second movie is SCW
>third and onward is the War of Light
>>
>>80493656
Also:
>get the look of the constructs of the GL right so they don't look ridiculous on screen
>>
>>80484049
It's not about how to fix it, it's about the public perception of the brand.

Like if FOX put a Fantastic Four reboot into production today, it wouldn't matter if it was the best fucking Fantastic Four movie it was possible to make, no one would want to go see it. GLTAS was great and it tanked because of the damn movie. It takes time.
>>
The cinematic film sucked, but am I the only one who thought that First Flight (though nowhere near as bad) was pretty boring, and doesn't want "Training Day in Space"?
>>
>>80484049
Didn't you hear? Some faggots are already pretending it wasn't a bad movie. It has already come full circle.
I keep expecting hipster mouthbreathers to claim Steel was a good movie, because it was at least better than this piece of shit.
>>
File: Green_Lantern_Corps_GLTAS_001.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Green_Lantern_Corps_GLTAS_001.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
>>80484109
So much this. The animated movie got it right in that it was Training Day in space. Basically a subversion of the buddy cop film where one of the cops is crooked and without redemption.

Sinestro was barely even in the movie, and by the end of the movie he already has the yellow ring. That felt like a waste of his character. The whole Corps felt wasted in the movie, because their big action scene was a shoddy video game-esque mess in the middle of the movie. They should have shown up at the end to fight alongside Hal and they defeat Parallax together.

>tfw the animated series was GOAT tier
>got canceled because the stores didn't want to stock toys of it after the movie flopped spectacularly
>>
>>80487756
>They should do the same with GL, introduce him in a popular movie, show his qualities and make him likeable.
>introduce him in a popular movie, show his qualities and make him likeable.
>show his qualities and make him likeable.
>make him likeable.
>likeable.
>Hal

Really?
>>
>>80499925
Take Hal from GL:TAS and add some Guy Gardner in there.
>>
>>80499925
Hal is the most lovable GL anon
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.