[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ratings more or less the same as WoY >Gets second season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: WaifuShipperbait.jpg (226 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
WaifuShipperbait.jpg
226 KB, 1264x711
>Ratings more or less the same as WoY
>Gets second season before first season aired
>Gets third season before second season airs.

Does anybody know why? Is Svfoe really cheap to make or something? Is it doing gangbusters in merchandise.
>>
Star went directly for the waifu/leep dore crowd, rather than prolonging it to season 2.
>>
There's barely any merchandise of it yet
>>
>>80483770
Memes + le cute princess shit + mexican here
Disney need that diversity cartoon.
>>
>>80483770
Disney being slow on production side of things wasn't a help. Knowing the amount of detail Craig likes probably was some impact.

Whatever he pitches next will also be good. I'm glad Wander got to go the lengths that it did.
>>
W A I F U S
A
I
F
U
S

I'm seriously not exaggerating this.
>>
>>80483770
More fanart/interest by the intended demographic. That is, annoying little girls with parents who have money.
>>
File: 230px-XY_Clemont.png (83 KB, 230x323) Image search: [Google]
230px-XY_Clemont.png
83 KB, 230x323
>>80484222
>You can get more seasons based on how much fanart there is on the internet.

The future is now.
>>
>>80485115
What I'm interested is in how people monitor this. Do the creators go through tumblr and other websites and present all the fan discussion to network execs?
>>
they know it's gonna explode once season 2 drops.

>muh lore
>>
>>80483940
iirc He wanted a lot of things for his show (like a serialized story) and that tied up production arguing with producers how the show was to be structured
While Star vs's creator just went a long with a lot of concessions (which turned out fine and better than the original concept in my opinion)
>>
>>80483770
Wander over Yonder was too good for this world
>>
>>80485229
You know that Craif was CRAZY to add lore to Wander right? The executives didn't allowed.
>>
Exactly, Star is doing it much more subtly than Wander did. Keeping the lighter tone while also dropping the occasional bombs like they did with Toffee/the wand, St. Olga's, and the demon ball is the way to go. Star's writing staff is also getting more liberties than other shows in terms of what they can/cannot do for some reason. I feel like Disney's pulling out another "experiment" show with Star, and the confirmation of a third season so prematurely just confirms it.
>>
Are you guys trying to turn this into some kind of fan war?
>>
>>80484222
Wasn't the whole point of launching Disney XD meant to be to branch out to boys?
>>
>>80485187
>Do the creators go through tumblr and other websites and present all the fan discussion to network execs?

With the way Dave Filoni has been killing off characters in his shows, he seems to look for characters that get the waifu/husbando treatment from the fanbase then kills them off in hilarious ways.

So maybe.
>>
>>80486222
Of course.
>>
>>80486222
I bet it's /sug/ false flag
>>
>>80488004
This. Has the stink of /sug/ and Turner Broadcasting slime division all over it.

You just need to know how to spot them, ie, "This show is only watched for waifus" and ignoring other things like aesthetic, music, world building, and overall appeal.
>>
File: princessmarco.png (104 KB, 232x318) Image search: [Google]
princessmarco.png
104 KB, 232x318
>>80483770
because marco is cute and this is now a rule 63 thread
>>
>>80485187

There's a chance that by now it's part of their research. It gives them feedback for free, and Hasbro's profited considerably off of beastiality. If I remember correctly around the time Star was first airing they did an add that featured a lot of the fanart (I can't find it and would appreciate it if someone could post it).
>>
>>80488416
that's not rule 63 senpai
>>
>>80488416
But he's just wearing a dress. Wouldn't that make this a trap thread?
>>
>>80488004
>>80488315
>IT MUST BE /SUG/ FAGS SO MY OPINION ISN'T WRONG
Kill yourselves
>>
>>80488315
>>80488004
My favorite part of Star threads is timing how long it takes for someone to start blaming /sug/ for their problems.

That and Toffee.
Post more Toffee.
>>
>>80489617
I agree. We should post more Toffee.
>>
>>80486473
It is. It's just that modern companies think boys want girl protagonists and shit like that. CN is also trying to appeal to boys via.....obviously gynocentric programming. Fuck these shits.
>>
File: Toffee_8771.jpg (33 KB, 438x324) Image search: [Google]
Toffee_8771.jpg
33 KB, 438x324
>>80489764
gotufam
>>
Anything with princesses gets a bias from Disney.
>>
>>80489934
I came.
>>
Hardly any merchandise is even out yet (biggest thing so far is a 100+-page multiverse guide the creator says will provide a ton of info about the worlds of the show, and that won't be for sale until 2017). So I don't think that's it.

I think Star came out at a weird time-- 1st season was still being made when GF and Wander were more or less already finished production. So with Disney knowing their 2 biggest shows were ending soon, they decided to back an upcoming one that already had a huge amount of fan response from a blurry recording of the theme song. And while something like that could result in spectacular failure, Star's gotten pretty decent ratings/reception, hence the kind of insane number of early renewals, and so that situation worked out in its favor.

As a fan of Star even I wasn't expecting a season 3 based on other Disney shows only getting 2, or at least not getting one so early yet again. I'm kind of hyped because a lot of the cast/crew are implying it's gonna go FULL LORE next season and that the first was more or less an extended setup.
>>
>>80483829
Deep lore? It has hinted at some but it isn't exactly appealing to the deep lore crowd right now. Waifu, yes, probably more than any other western show right now.
>>
>>80488416
that mole bugs me
>>
>>80485650
He should try for Netflix. Big Budgets Japanese Finishing Studios and they are really into the serialized story. Disney has a deal with them so he might even be able to do it through his current contract if he's still under it.
>>
File: 1354173974937.png (151 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1354173974937.png
151 KB, 421x500
because the Disney kikes wants to exterminate the white race by pushing this interracial bushit since kids
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (60 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
60 KB, 600x380
>>80492270

since kids what?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.