[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on kid nova?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: kid-nova1-1024x512.jpg (124 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
kid-nova1-1024x512.jpg
124 KB, 1024x512
Opinions on kid nova?
>>
bretty good character, kinda stupid how he is supposed to be a replacement, would be alot better if they both were alive together
>>
I like him.
>>
>>80477811
Current comics run is shit but under Duggan and the guy who wrote the character before Duggan whose name I forget he was pretty good.

I ship Samala.
>>
he should spend more time in space, I've grown tired of his dad drama, he's a headstrong dumb 15 year old who tries but does the occasional fucking up but I still like him. has shown to be more creative with his nova force in his short run than rich did in 30 years and I like that as well.

I don't miss rich, he was the launching point for annihilation era cosmic but that DnA run is some of the most snooze inducing comics I've read in a while. the young kid has an excuse for spending a large chunk of his time on earth rich didn't and it just made him look like a whiny twat, the last space cop with the full power of the nova force should have been having space adventures not mopping about on earth. everything after blue kree vagina nova died was shit.
>>
What's Sam even doing nowadays? I know he's in the Avengers, but in his actual book.
>>
>>80477811
literally Miles-tier as far as bland legacy characters go
>>
>>80478100
DnA really didn't know what to do with Rich until he went back into space to fight the Cancerverse.
>>
File: 1452645321863.jpg (991 KB, 1280x984) Image search: [Google]
1452645321863.jpg
991 KB, 1280x984
>>80477915
>I ship Samala.
terrible ship.

Everyone knows that the quality of a ship can be measured by their fastball special, and Samala just aren't fastball compatible

now pic related, THAT is a good ship
>>
>>80477811
I like him. I just wish they'd bring back Rich alongside him, since I'd much prefer Sam getting trained by Rich than by *random skrull replacement of his father*
>>
>>80478103
Remember how the entirety of his last run was about finding his father, which finally culminated in him successfully finding his father at the end of the run? Well, it was revealed in the second issue of his ongoing that that wasn't actually his father, but a skrull replacement.

So it's back to the fucking "WHERE'S DAD?!" plotline because apparently Sean Ryan is creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>80478132
Nah, not even remotely.
>>
>>80478370
>but a skrull replacement.
I'm surprised they're even allowed to use that plot twist in 2016
>>
>>80478412
Actually, it's a Chitauri-made clone, that ended up realising he liked being Sam's dad so he didn't kill Sam and steal the Nova helmet like he was supposed to.

But for all intents and purposes, it's essentially just a skrull replacement in terms of narrative function.
>>
honestly, he's as harmless as legacy characters goes. (at least he doesn't have an overpowered one-shot ability, and his constantly reminded "Your the prefect one to take the mantle!") He's likable under the right writer and I feel satisfied that Richard died a hero and not like a bitch.

His design is also cool

Samala forever btw
>>
>>80478467
>Chitauri-made clone
I don't think I'm comfortable with all the coverage the Chitauri keep getting. Not to mention their weird tech levels of being slightly higher than the Badoon.
>>
Rich was a shit character, sorry. Sam is a lot more interesting. He's like a fusion of Rich and Speedball.
>>
>>80478566
To be fair, the Chitauri have been Nova's main antagonists since his origin story so it makes sense to keep using them as the "evil aliens" in Nova. And the reason they appeared in ANAD Avengers was because of Nova in the first place, since it was one of his antagonists.

Them appearing in other books rubs me the wrong way though.
>>
File: 09.png (251 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
09.png
251 KB, 566x800
Sam is pretty cool but they could really do more with him. It's such a shame.

>>80478370

As far I understood his father was replaced in the first/second issue. The one in the previous run was the real one. Still who thought this would be a good idea? Didn't they said this would be a father-son nova book?
>>
>>80477811
I miss the Nova Family from Battleworld
>>
File: 1444532249339.jpg (144 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444532249339.jpg
144 KB, 1080x1080
He's pretty great in Waid's Avengers.

I'd like him to stick around as Rich's protegee
>>
>>80478473
Why is there no samala fanart? There are ton for kamiles. I would make it myself but I can't draw
>>
I'm only really familiar with him from ANAD Avengers.

I like how he spills his spaghetti around Kamala.
>>
>>80479304
Dog Nova
Mom Nova
Daughter Nova
Eyepatch dad Nova
Were there two daughters? How big was that family?
Fuckin' rainbows
>>
>>80482473
There was also Grandpa that died and never got Nova'd
>>
>>80477915
Samala is good but what about that spicy little alien pirate girl
>>
>>80482302
He's doing it constantly in his own book as well
It's fucking great
>>
>>80482576
Honestly, Sam needs to accidentally stumble into having a harem. Just fuck up so many times with so many girls that it comes back around and he's gone full harem anime.
>>
>>80483356
Whole heartedly agree.
Let's see, there's Carrie, Kamala, Kaldera (angry assassin girl from Infinity), and Jinen (blue alien girl on the old Nova ship)?
Pretty good spread of personalities and appearances.
>>
>>80478160
they should have handed the book to someone else instead of trying to keep a monopoly on all cosmic marvel. they wanted to play with all the toys at same time and where worse for it as stuff felt poorer than it should have been, remember that fraternity of raptors shit that went fucking nowhere?
>>
>>80483717
Kaldera is the dominatrix chick who attacked his family right?
>>
>>80487169
Yep.
>>
>>80487212
God, Nova is like a prequel to a harem manga where we see how he met all the girls and suffered his brain damage
Now we just need to get them all under one roof with no parental supervision
>>
>>80485047
Was that tie-in written by them?
>>
>>80477811
Honestly, I like him. His current series is pretty bleh, but his previous series, minus a couple of hiccups, was the closest I've seen Marvel get to a DC-style teen hero book...this is a good thing, in my book. Hell, his powers don't even work the same way...since when did Rich ever need his helmet to access the Nova Force, anyway? Sam reminds me more of Jaime Reyes than Miles, just a kid who stumbled onto something way bigger than him and is stumbling to keep up...I actually liked the bit where he tried to become an intergalactic bank robber to hire bounty hunters to find his dad.

I'm still getting caught up on Rich's last days; I knew him best from his time with the New Warriors (whose "appearance" in Sam's book was one of those hiccups, albeit still kinda funny...Speedball I can see tooling around in a pickup signing people up to a non-existant NW team, but Vance?), but I've been damn impressed with the DnA cosmic stuff he was in that I've read so far.

Still, Sam seems less a successor or a replacement and more an accidental legacy, and I don't see him as Marvel trying to "erase" Rich. That's just my opinion, though.
>>
>>80477811
I really, really hate him. Tried reading his book and staying positive. Got to issue 25 and just gave up.
>>
>>80478100
I liked it up until Conquest but yeah him going to Earth killed it

Duggan did good on Sam, I agree and he resolved the dad drama too but this writer had to bring that shit back.
>>
>>80478566
I am so fucking sick of them, they were in the Avengers movie and then no one gave a fuck anymore so why keep using them?
>>
Sam's cool, but I really, really miss muh Dick Rider.
>>
>>80479304
Brevoort said there were still plans for them, don't have the link but look around in his tumblr.
>>
>>80488656
This, I wish we could have both.

Heck, I feel that Rich's death would be fine if writers wouldn't be reminding us that he's dead every now and then and being assholes about it.

But ugh I don't want Rich back until Bendis fucks off from Cosmic Marvel, he should never had touched Guardians in the first place.
>>
File: singapore.jpg (40 KB, 500x177) Image search: [Google]
singapore.jpg
40 KB, 500x177
>>80477811
He can't find countries on an earth map.
>>
File: cambodia.jpg (75 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
cambodia.jpg
75 KB, 300x462
>>80489163
But neither could Rich.
>>
>>80489163
Unless his helmet tells him when he gets there, how would he even know?
>>
So skip first volume and get 2 onwards but stop once Dugan is done?
>>
Why is there so little R34 of him?
>>
>>80489866
He's kinda of a runt. More adorbs than fuckable.
>>
>>80489866
we need more, get to work on this
>>
>>80489866
Spam requests on /aco/
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.