[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I was reading the Secret Origin story that set up Grayson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: BrjRlk6CAAAMwkC.jpg_large.jpg (62 KB, 491x759) Image search: [Google]
BrjRlk6CAAAMwkC.jpg_large.jpg
62 KB, 491x759
so I was reading the Secret Origin story that set up Grayson and Dick is only 21?!?!?

this nu52 shit y'all
>>
It's pretty fucking dumb.

I think Jason is like 18, Tim is 16, and Damian is...11-15 depending on who's writing him.
>>
The whole 5 year timeline just jacked everything up, so it's best to ignore it. The ages kind of make sense but yeah, also best to just kind of not think about them.
>>
>>80475033
Damian being about 13-14 makes sense by now
>>
>>80474994
Ages literally do not matter

Batman has been 35 years old since the 70s and 80s
>>
>>80475176
Not when he's still losing baby teeth in his solo.
>>
Damian being older than Wally West makes me want to burn DC down

>>80475221

I know but this shit always interested me in how fucked up it is

>>80475033

Does explain why Dick was so short in that one issue of Batman.
>>
>>80475176
What I want to know is how many years Damian has actually been alive. Because of the time compression, I think they made it so that Damian was aged in a test tube instead of being born and raised by the League of Assassins. However even if you grant that conceit, then by the New 52 "He's been Batman for 5 years" Damian had been around for at least a year, right? I mean Dickbats and (most of) Morrison's run is still canon. How long into Bruce's career did he even meet Talia? I feel like Damian can't have been more than like 2 by the time of Batman and Son.
>>
File: CSuperboy1.jpg (327 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
CSuperboy1.jpg
327 KB, 790x1200
>>80475294

now I want Kon and Damien in Super Sons even more

Test Tube Baby Buddies!
>>
>>80475294
They sort of have quietly erased that part of Morrison's run much like the rape conception aspect of it.

He has a birthday fight with Talia in like the second issue of SoB, and it is implied it's something they do every year for multiple years and I think it's like his 8th birthday then. Then he goes on his Year of Blood while he's 9 to be worthy of meeting Bruce.
>>
>>80475224
Is that what fucking happened? That last issue is was so in your face that he'd lost a tooth, I thought I missed him getting punched in the face
>>
File: themostpreciousassasin.jpg (135 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
themostpreciousassasin.jpg
135 KB, 500x457
>>80475439
I mean, he did get it knocked out in a fight but it was coming out anyway
>>
>>80475294
It's kind of weird. Both in pre-flashpoint and in New 52 they left it kind of ambiguous. I think I remember Grant saying that was on purpose, so people could interpret it either way- Either Damian was born like a in vitro and aged normally, or if he was aged up at "birth"
>>
I'm gonna miss all these weird tertiary Batbooks, at least with rebirth they'll get actual endings and i'll have a nice little trade collection
>>
>>80475570
Yeah, the nice thing about being a Bat fan is that there's always gonna be sorta outlier Batman books. He's got the most developed extended universe, and it's where DC makes most of it's money so there's always room for some kinda Gotham Central or his sons sort of story. I really enjoy how it makes Gotham feel like this real place, because we see it from so many different perspectives.
>>
>>80475570
I guess.
The only thing is that SeeKing are already done with Grayson, so we basically are just going to get a set up of a story with no real, worthwhile resolution ever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.