[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Creative Team of Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: 3100788-suicide+squad (1).jpg (193 KB, 832x1280) Image search: [Google]
3100788-suicide+squad (1).jpg
193 KB, 832x1280
Looks like Rob Williams and Jim Lee as one of the rotating artists are confirmed for Suicide Squad.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/05/rob-williams-to-write-jim-lees-suicide-squad-instorekickoff/
>>
>>80472417
He's the guy who writes MMH right

I'd be ok with that, though the solicits will probably be horrible.
>>
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/977?articleID=175704

Non-Bleedingcool confirmation.
>>
No way Lee is doing more than a few issues, he absolutely cannot do monthly let alone bi-weekly.
>>
>>80472488
He'll probably do the first arc
>>
>>80472417
its the guy that did Martian manhunter ? if so i am fine with that
>>
>>80472447
Oh and Unfollow. He does he pretty unlikable characters in that book and does likable and sympathetic well in MMH so he might be a good match for the good.

>>80472488
Yes I'm sure he'll do maybe two issues out of first six then leave. Then they'll put his name nice and big on the trade
>>
>>80472456

>•Lee is excited about working on the post-Rebirth Suicide Squad series with Rob Williams, and stated that the best part of working with the villains of Suicide Squad is “picking B or C level characters to bring to stardom”.
>>
>>80472417
Oh I was hoping Jason Pearson was going to get on board.
How's the Bodybags update coming along?
>>
>>80472488
He's probably on first arc at least so they can push out a Suicide Squad by Jim Lee trade out hard.

Putting Jim Lee on a book is a good way to promote a book, especially one that's getting a movie soon.
>>
>>80472529
>>80472447
Yes, Rob Williams is the Martian Manhunter writer.

More than likely, the title is also being edited by Andy Khouri who edits the current Suicide Squad book in addition to Martian Manhunter, Omega Men, Hellblazer, and Doctor Fate.

Should be pretty good.
>>
Not bad.

So are they announcing these earlier now? I thought they wanted to keep everything secret till that con thing later this month.
>>
>>80472542
>picking B or C level characters to bring to stardom
remember those theories we had about how Mindnighter was going to show in some places ? i bet he will now
>>
>>80472606
Well some of them were bound to be leaked, especially the a listers.
>>
Was hoping Suicide Squad would be Steve Orlando's new book, but Williams is a second or third best choice based on MMH.

Manhunter has just the right level of weird, atmosphere, and humor for a Suicide Squad book. It's a pretty good fit.

Not feeling Lee, but I also wasn't a fan of Eddy Barrows either, but Williams made it work.
>>
>>80472606
>So are they announcing these earlier now? I thought they wanted to keep everything secret till that con thing later this month.
Sometimes for now until the June solicitations.
>>
>>80472542
>>80472617
Well they'll have to have 3-4 characters that are actually in the movie too. So

>Waller
>Harley
>Deadshot
>Boomer?

That does leave 2-3 spots for c-listers who can be killed or can leave.
>>
>>80472417
Was kinda hoping Seeley stuck on Suicide Squad but Williams has earned a lot of faith from me thanks to MMH and Unfollow so I'm okay with that

>>80472606
They're announcing them on March 26th at Wondercon but I'm not surprised some people are spilling the beans earlier
>>
Not bad, but I don't really give a shit. Kind of sucks to have a writer I might have tried on a premise I don't care about I guess.
>>
Isn't he writing that Harley Quinn Suicide Squad one-shot pretty soon?

Should be a good early look at whether this works or not.
>>
>>80472674
we don't really have a premise though
>>
File: Robin_Williams.jpg (75 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Williams.jpg
75 KB, 540x720
>>80472417
He's alive?!
>>
>>80472417
What happened to the Black Lantern, Poison Ivy, Talon line-up they said they were going to have last year? Did the movie ruin that?
>>
>>80472767
That was a shit lineup and you know it

And they know it
>>
>>80472767
i remember that, Ivy got a mini and Blackhand got axed into a event
>>
>>80472687
Well maybe they'll do something weird with the Suicide Squad concept but I don't know. It's not a thing I get hype for on its own I mean.
>>
>>80472564
Damn,Khori is based
>>
>>80472623
>Was hoping Suicide Squad would be Steve Orlando's new book

I'm willing to bet good money that Orlando is writing Deathstroke. It's a natural segue for him after Midnighter.
>>
>>80472932
>lots of gratuitous violence
>sexy older man

Hey you're right

Now if Tony Daniel isn't co writing...
>>
File: midnighter deathstroke.png (340 KB, 803x610) Image search: [Google]
midnighter deathstroke.png
340 KB, 803x610
>>80472932
>Midnighter doesn't show up in Suicide Squad
>he shows up in fucking Deathstroke

Oh god yes, we'd get more of this.
>>
File: RobinPaint.jpg (40 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
RobinPaint.jpg
40 KB, 500x333
>>80472417
Rob Williams? I thought he was dead!
>>
>>80473000
Somebody already told that joke >>80472761
>>
>>80472785
I like the idea of the Suicide Squad being able to take on the Justice League.
>>
>>80473000
>>80472761
>Rob Williams
>SUICIDE Squad

It's like poetry.
>>
>>80472488
He'll do issues around when the movie comes out to maximize interest and profit and then stop. Probably 4 or 5 issues at most.
>>
>>80473078
Might as well call them the Injustice League then.
>>
>>80473171
Pretty sure it's already coming out in the "fall". Meaning like right when the movie comes out.
So yeah he probably won't do more than the first arc. Maybe an issue or two of the second arc so they can put his name on there too.
>>
>>80472932
Or Red Hood.
>>
>>80473491
RHATO is Lobdell containment.
>>
>>80473491
>Middy can't get the Dick
>so he becomes Jasons leather daddy
So many daddy problems
>>
>>80473535
What if Lobdell gets a promotion and writes Nightwing?
>>
So a good writer, Jim Lee doing half an issue, who's gonna be ongoing

>>80472564

DCKOMICS BABY
>>
>bi-weekly increases trade numbers
>but the trades art is inconsistent
Fack
>>
>>80472623
>>80472932

I was really hoping he'd get it, the latest issue of Midnighter is the best Squad stuff I've read in years.

god i hope he's not on Deathstroke or some such shit
>>
>>80472564
Hi Andy.
>>
>>80473555
We riot.
He can have one of the Batgirl books though.
>>
>>80473587
Why not? He could possibly make a great Deathstroke series.

I guess I just don't care that much about characters. Every character has the potential to be good with the right creative team.
>>
>>80473624

You're right and if it happened there's a good chance i'd be shitposting about how i never expected it to be good and it's great. But DC has been pushing Deathstroke SO HARD for years now i just want them to give it a rest
>>
Yep, SS is one of the most important books now.
>>
>>80473813
Well good, it's time to give someone who isn't Batman or Superman a chance.
>>
>>80473813

At least we're getting Ostrander trades
>>
>Seeley was just put on it
>Orlando is writing it great in Midnighter
>we get Williams and Lee
Why
>>
>>80473662
Well he sells pretty well for some reason and people seem to like badass characters even if they're shit
>>
>>80473571
Its not like the books being monthly made them have consistent art.

Having a rotating art team might actually be better in the long run depending on how they coordinate it.
>>
>>80473861
I was hoping for any omnibus
>>
>>80474392
I don't like omnibuses.
>>
>>80474225
And apparently DC is trying to get similar artists on the same books so at least there won't be wildly different styles.
>>
I wanted to see Ron on corps book, but SS is a great fit too. His MMH seems to tackle a story with multiple characters quite well. So he seems a great fit for a team book which requires clever writing.

I hate how n52 SS is just a book which tries to fit in edgy and violent writing with over drawn action scenes. What made Ostrander's series so great was it was about characters who developed as the series went on, and about cleverly written story arcs. Waller wasn't forced into being a cunt either. She did actually come across as a cunt only when she needed to be.
>>
My guess is Lee does the art for one arc and draws cover for the rest of the issues and trades.

>>80475978
>His MMH seems to tackle a story with multiple characters quite well.
Unfollow too and both books are character driven rather than too much plot driven with flashy action sequences.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.