[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody tell us about how drama filled the Cartoon Network
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png (71 KB, 2000x1197) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png
71 KB, 2000x1197
>>
They're a microcosm of tumblr with a bunch of egotistical internet-raised manchildren working there so I can imagine that if there's not drama, some dipshit is creating some.
>>
I heard Sugars a total whore and wears a short skirt and thigh highs to taunt artists. Hellen had to quit because she was so traumatised by the assault, theres a source saying Zuke's the new play toy in the office
>>
>>80470660
That explains why Alex and Pendelton were gaga over her
>>
>>80470660
>a jew boy in thigh highs and an obese faux stoner are "play toys"

I never want to go to the Cartoon Network studios.
>>
>>80470676
the reason Alex wears flannels is because of rebecca and this one time she tied him up on a bed with some flannels acting as rope. Alex stills smells the rags to this day
>>
>>80470660
Assaults you say, I thought that was with the Clarence group. Guess it was just a matter of time till it spread.
>>
>>80470628
"a bunch of egotistical internet-raised manchildren working there so I can imagine that if there's not drama, some dipshit is creating some."
Sounds a lot like this site
>>
>>80472962
everything except for the "working" part.
>>
>>80472962
lrn2greentext faggot
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 800x179) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 800x179
How about the environment at Nick Animation Studios.
>>
>>80470592
they're pretty secret about drama
>>
>>80470660
She wear plaid and baggy jeans in most of her interviews. That's a little hard to believe, anon.
>>
>>80478492
>>80470660
Unless they're plaid thigh highs and short skirts, of course.
>>
>>80475939

i haven't heard any major incidents besides animators drawing sick shit
>>
JG Quintel apparently spends most of his time at the office pulling pranks on the interns and other low level employees and doing his signature
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

every time they fall for it.
>>
>>80479090
Can this please be a real show
Like imagine this as an episode
>jg places a 100 dollar bill on the ground in front of a corner that has a window opposite to the hallway
>the first day new food guy sees it
>walks over to pick it up
> jg jumps out from the corner
>tackles the new guy out the window
> the new guy is paralyzed from the neck down and insurance doesn't cover, his family of 5 children all starve to death
>jg is left with minor injuries and gets away with it Scott free
>>
>>80475939

Don't anything modern day, but during Rugrats' run

>Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo were a graphic designer and animator respectively (they were also Hungarian) not writers, so the orange splat got Paul Germain to helm the writing
>Arlene was quite the moral guardian (which would make her better off helming shows aimed at very young children) she often asked why the babies were fighting and hated Angelica (especially her catchphrase)
>Paul (and his writing partner Joe Ansolabehere alongside a few other writers) left Rugrats for the Mouse House to create Recess
>Arlene and Gabor also got divorced, which didn't help (Arlene was not well liked by the writers/animators)

Oh and Doug was Jim Jinkins' auto-biography
>>
>>80479375
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>80470660
So, who is Hellen and who is Zuke?
>>
>>80478931
Are you talking about in the shows themselves, promo/fan art of their shows or in art completely unrelated to the show.
>>
>>80470592
Everyone fucks everyone
>>
>I'll make up whatever bullshit and people will still believe it: the thread
>>
>>80470592
Generally friendly, they only hire likeminded people. A bunch of nerds that go to bars after work to make up for being straightedge in college. All the people I know that work there are dreadfully boring.

>>80475939
Nick is similar, though the people can have more variety. A lot of young folks because they're always hiring their interns. From what I know, Nick puts more of a bad taste in your mouth. All the execs there are know-nothing asshats that shit on the artists constantly.
>>
>>80479579
Zuke works on storyboarding for Steven Universe. Don't know who Hellen in though.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 1500x1665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 1500x1665
>>80479579
I hope this cleared it up
>>
>>80480712
She was a storyboarder. Doesn't work on the show anymore.
>>
>>80475939

There's an emergency noose at every animation station in case they can't handle making terrible cartoons for a dying station.
>>
>>80480745
can't juke the zuke
>>
>>80481646
Yes, there is definitely someone whose job it is to come into a barely active /co/ thread on a Saturday afternoon and open up the subject slightly.
>>
This drama obsession on western cartoons is a very recent thing, people now wants stuff exactly like japanese shonens.
>>
>>80475939
I'll bite.

One time there was some kind of special event at the Nick studios for some SpongeBob thing. A friend of mine was dressed up as Patrick and walked into a back room for something and saw Hillenberg just staring out of a window, alone.

Also apparently a good bunch of the storyboarders working on SB never watched the show growing up.
>>
>>80483393
Why not 40s cartoons? The 90s did it.
>>
>>80483789
Because those people grew up watching animes, cartoons were uncool during the 2000s.
>>
>>80484048
I think it had more to do with 40s shorts being pulled off the air around 2004'ish had more to do with it.
>>
>>80483789
I'd like to have that kind of approach and aesthetic without ripping them off though. Like classic Spongebob.

Wander's kind of doing that too, the more I think about it.
>>
>>80480745
CAN'T JUKE THE ZUKE
I just want Lapis to be happy
>>
>>80470660
>There's a source
Let's see it then
>>
There's not really any drama. As much as any office space will get you. You're going to get a bunch of people making up bullshit in this thread though.
>>
>>80484276
Nope, it's simply because animes become more popular, stuff of Cartoon Network are not watched by poor people or very simple people, so they are very less popular than nickelodeon free stuff, it's one of the reason who explains why Spongebob is so popular. ( even with cartoons of the same level in cartoon network at the same period. )

also even during the early 2000s Capeshit begins with a weebie-like style for being more cool, also western cartoons become transformed to CGI crap or flash bullshit.

an entire generation grew up only interested in animes, so now they wants to fucks up with their dramas and feelings, and complains when a show is too offensive or goofy with characters being dicks or stupids.
>>
>>80483523
>saw Hillenberg just staring out of a window, alone.
Is this weird?
>>
>>80479508
there's also the stuff with john k but that's far more common knowledge
>>
>>80484402
They were not rip offs however.

The Tiny Toons were even trained by the real Looney Tunes for Pete sake.
>>80484531
But the thing is that if they care about anime they will use Japanese studios or at the very least have more Korean studios set up like Mir and not like Rough Draft (regardless of Orange).

Still explain how those 40s cartoons were removed from CN?
>>
>>80480745
CAN'T JUKE THE ZUKE
>>
>>80483393
I don't think this is nearly as common as you're saying. The most popular cartoons today are still episodic and comedic.
>>
>>80486534
aw fuck not you again

can you just fucking get out and let a thread be good for once you fucking fag
>>
>>80486669
Who are you even talking about?
>>
>>80480745
Can't juke the zuke
>>
>>80470660
She barely dresses like a proper grown-up, I doubt she could even cross beyond that line and dress somewhat slutty.
>>
test xd
>>
>>80470660
Can a drawfriend get on this? I want this pretty badly now. A-are any even still around?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.