[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, Does anyone know what kids are into these days? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Hey /co/,
Does anyone know what kids are into these days? What does your average eight year old want from their cartoons?
>>
trying to abduct some kids, OP?
>>
BBC on white women
>>
>>80469742

I hear lots of kids using they/them wrong all the time so Steven universe i guess.
>>
Youtube humour.
>>
>>80469742
Deadpool.

I train with a five year old who is completely obsessed with Deadpool
>>
>>80471224
you train with five year olds?
>>
>>80471282

How else are you going to learn how to fight five year olds? By training with six year olds? Don't be a retard, anon
>>
>>80469742

They don't watch cartoons. They just watch youtube videos and play video games or watch youtube videos about video games.
>>
>>80469742
Teen Titans Go
>>
File: 3099325313_2_3_2d4qmbKM.jpg (90 KB, 649x813) Image search: [Google]
3099325313_2_3_2d4qmbKM.jpg
90 KB, 649x813
>>80469742
My 5 years old brother have as his favorite cartoons:

>Masha and the Bear
>Gumball
>Clarence
>Samurai Jack
>Adventure Time
>Ghibilly movies

Rate his taste.
>>
>>80471919
How did a 5 year old watch Samurai Jack
>>
>>80469742
TV is for old people. Cartoons are for old people.
Mobile media is the new wave, grandpa. Get on with the times.
>>
Pewdiepie.
>>
>>80470812
"They" as a single gender neutral pronoun has been correct since Shakespearean times, get with the fucking program senπ
>>
Kids love amateurish art direction, idiosyncratic dialogue, lots of romance plots, chiptune music, crappy voice acting, fake 80s montages, and most of the characters having one face: ":T".
>>
>>80471869
This. But my little cousins have ADD and think loud screaming and funny voices are the height of comedy. Their older sister is 10 and we watch Steven Universe sometimes though. She has also been watching original PPG.
>>
>>80471961
I showed it to him.

He loved.

Simple.

He also liked Song of the Sea, even of we don't have it on our language. He kind of likes cute stuff as well as fight amd destruction scenes.
>>
kids today google, not giggle. they play angry birds instead of getting angry AT birds. they all have an ipad but no iq. not even one. they playstation but they never play station. i.e. one pretending to be a train and the others pretending to be different trains or low paid maintenance workers. they’re obsessed with one direction, rather than enjoying all eight directions equally. facebook… but unable to face… a book. or a hoop with a stick. a lost generation. the tv show.
>>
>>80472212

Good phrase grampa I bet your old friends at facebook will like it and share it.
>>
My niece was never too keen on regular cartoons. It looked like she was hooked on live action nickelodeon and disney kid schlock but that was just a phase. Now she's just a Weeb.
>>
>>80469742
Screaming. They like shows with lots of screaming. And "funny" phrases they can repeat (usually while screaming) to their friends or anyone who will listen to them while they try to convince you that they're so funny for remembering a line from a cartoon.
>>
>>80472212
I love this pasta, and how many people fall for it
>>
File: 1225057066483.jpg (15 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1225057066483.jpg
15 KB, 174x167
>>80472212
Holy fuck, never talk to anyone in real life please.
>>
>>80471224
my mom babysits and one of the kids is also obsessed with deadpool and superheros.

So really, nothing's changed, just the actual figures that are popular have.

If you wanna know what kids are into, OP, just take a walk down a toy aisle.

Idk why you want to know though, that's really creepy. Please don't be a child rapist.
>>
>>80471961
It's on Hulu so even if he hadn't been shown it, it's still possible to find. I know a bunch of kids who have seen some older cartoons because of hulu and netflix.
>>80471919
9/10 only because I don't know what Masha and the Bear is.
>>
>>80472212
>they never play station. i.e. one pretending to be a train and the others pretending to be different trains or low paid maintenance workers.

They do in Germany
>>
>>80469742
My fiance's little cousins are obsessed with Wii U games (especially super smash bros, amiibos) skylanders, pokemon, and five nights at freddy's (that one surprised me but no it's insanely popular with legitimate children and not just man-children).

The girls, I dont know what they're into. Girls are harder to place because they're being forced to grow up so fast (No legit they dress like adults now, wear makeup at younger and younger ages, etc). They honestly seem to spend more time online, on their phones, listening to music, etc than watching tv.
>>
>>80471919
Good taste.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.