[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ like SMBC? Here's the latest comic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1457103521-20160304.png (742 KB, 684x3071) Image search: [Google]
1457103521-20160304.png
742 KB, 684x3071
How does /co/ like SMBC? Here's the latest comic.
>>
Hit and miss. Some of the humor is very much "hey look at me im smart" but the author seems down to earth enough to not be coming off as a smarmy fuck.

The only other noticeable thing is he has a lot of "progressive" characters in his comics, but they're very much just there, rather than the main focus. Like you'll see him use Female presidents a lot. Or have gay couples quite often. But there's no attention drawn to this, they're never the main focus. And that's refreshing to see desu.
>>
>>80467150
This pretty much.
Sometimes I laugh, others I don't; and sometimes I just sit that and think about the message.
>>
>>80467150
>The only other noticeable thing is he has a lot of "progressive" characters in his comics

He says he just randomizes ethnicity and gender before he draws the comic because he doesn't really care about that stuff but he knows some readers do

Personally I miss when Zach was really just going for a Far Side feel. Some of his early strips play with punchlines and reversals of punchlines really well. Some are just goofy as fuck and obviously really fun.

As he's gotten older, stodgier, and more married he's gotten into dad-tier humour like graph jokes, or preachier ones, or silly long ones like the OP comic. I wish he'd do more single panels.

Also notable is the fact that he treats subject matter like, say, religion, with irreverence but not vitriol. His comics are generally relentlessly good natured when they're poking fun at something. Even Oglaf fails at that sometimes.

What I'm trying to say is I want to fuck that ginger.
>>
>>80467107
Honestly I think the old you tube skits are better then the comic.
>>
>>80467107
...Is the joke that everything is sterotype?
>>
>>80467253

No. The joke is that everything is a stereotype if you've placed yourself in a worldview that reduces everything to stereotypes.
>>
>>80467209
I always liked his early one panel material the best.

I used to read SMBC every day like.... 3 or 4 years ago, I dropped about the time he started plugging his video series thing. His work around that time started feeling too much like XKCD.

I dunno, his one panel gag stuff just felt inspired. I always felt like his early comics are what should be syndicated in newspapers.
>>
Doesn't this guy make a comic per day?
>>
>>80467540
Yes every single day is a new comic.
>>
>>80467107
It appeals to my fetish.

Interracial lesbians arguing about graphs.
>>
>>80467250
Some of them were honestly god tier. Whatever happened to that show?
>>
>>80467250
They were so good 4chan even took several jokes from them to make memes like the term Best Korea.
>>
File: faggot.png (35 KB, 316x322) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
35 KB, 316x322
>>80467150
>Some of the humor is very much "hey look at me im smart" but the author seems down to earth enough to not be coming off as a smarmy fuck
>>
>>80467107
Why does he draw god as a pizza?
>>
>>80467996
I think they all decided to move on to other projects. The show was popular enough to continue but they wanted to end gracefully on their own terms.
>>
>>80467996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcGNF0Is4U
One of the earliest, but still one of my favorite.
>>
>>80468774
They also predicted cookies clicker and their likes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD69PAIqiYo
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.