[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this comic so emotional and melodramatic? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
Why is this comic so emotional and melodramatic? I feel like I watching some shitty sitcom directed toward highschool girls, like Vampire Diaries. Is the rest of the series as bad as this first issue?
>>
people trying to make laura relate-able...which is just fucking impossible
>>
The Dr Strange issue was great, same wuth the Janet issue. I'm loving it, but that's because I'm not a character fag stuck with a conic case of Not Muh
>>
>>80461083
Well, she had delicious thighs in the first issue, so I'll keep reading. Also she's my waifu so I'll support her even if the writer is shit.
>>
Her new little sister Gabby is probably the best thing about this book. I hope she sticks around for a long time
>>
>>80461083
So why did these unethical scientists creating combat clones spend time and energy training failures? For fuck's sake, they can't regenerate. Why would you clone a clone of wolverine unless you wanted regeneration?
Trying to harness Canadian combat prowess through genetics?
>>
>>80460528
>I feel like I watching some shitty sitcom directed toward highschool girls
Maybe that should have been your clue for who they expect their demographics to be
>>
File: fff.png (283 KB, 353x469) Image search: [Google]
fff.png
283 KB, 353x469
Why are there so many random black guys in this too? Like black guys
>>
To distract from how utterly mediocre and forgettable this book is.
>>
>>80461384
They are making prostitutes, not weapons anon.
>>
>>80462031
which is a shame, X-23 being Wolverine was a long time coming
>>
>>80461384
They don't know if the clones have healing factors until puberty, when mutant powers manifest.
Until then they're training their future potentially unkillable soldiers because if they slack off until the healing factors show up then they have a big delay in supersoldier product production.
>>
>>80462818
>when mutant powers manifest.
Isn't it when they USUALLY manifest
That being said, I'm not sure when Logan showed signs. And I'm not sure whether it would be possible to artificially advance that trigger
>>
>>80460528
Actually, I don't think it's been emo' or 'drama at all yet.
By now Original Wolverine would be watching a new girlfriend die at the hands of an enemy from his past that he didn't even remember, with only himself to blame for making the mistake of entering her life, ah, good times...
>>
>>80462883
Actually, Logan was a sickly little 1800s Canadian child until pubes-time hit.
Then came stubby claws and "Grrrr, bub."

And for some reasonable reasons when you think about it, cloning wolverine or sabretooth, or Laura (now) always creates a clone who doesn't have the same healing mojo.
Mr. Sinister used to complain about it when Sabretooth was one of his Marauders, and he's the go-to evil geneticist superscience villian!
>>
>>80462947

It's mainly Warren that acts like a little girl. I hate him.
>>
>>80463533
I'm still waiting for a story to reveal that Warren's some sort of hermaphrodite, how else could a man be such a whiney little girl?
>>
>>80460528
When a mediocre writer gets handed a project he really doesn't care about and an editor is there to enforce certain points it makes for bland cliche-ridden comic. It's not bad comic by any stretch of the imagination, but the book is being weighed down and the writer is not trying anything creative at the moment.

I'm really liking her reminiscing her relationship with Logan and what it means for her to carry on his career (so to speak). Looking forward to see what happens when she runs into Old-Logan; she really needs a supporting cast like Deadpool had in Dead Presidents instead of literal clones of herself and characters like Old-Man can be a supporting man.
>>
File: ethics in snikt bubing.png (288 KB, 298x527) Image search: [Google]
ethics in snikt bubing.png
288 KB, 298x527
What would they even write about if they didn't have angry internet commentors to complain about?
>>
>>80465909
Fuck you who ever wrote this. Don't put her in the fuck costume. This should have been NYX.
>>
>>80465909
Eh, it really wasn't that bad and I can imagine people complaining on the internet, but what I can't imagine is Laura giving enough of a shit to bring it up in conversation, I can imagine it going more like this:
>Lil-Sis clone holding a laptop
>'They're saying mean stuff about you on the internet Laura, should I write mean stuff back?'
>'That's sweet munchkin, but we've got more important stuff to do like shooting the bad guys ''
>'Ok'
>>
>>80465859
Mediocre is right, there's no passion for the character, the only time the writing picked up is when Taskmaster, Dr.Strange, or Wasp had dialog.
And I get that Laura Kinney lacks personality, but that's a bad excuse because Cyclops lacks personality too and they write great stories for him.
The best stories Marvel's made have always been when the writer is pushing his/her own vision of what should happen to the characters. That kind of excitement and personal investment really shows through in the work. This hack don't have it.
>>
>>80465909
Stop that shit Anon, you're going to trigger tumb-I mean /co/.
>>
>>80465909
Acknowledgement of fact is not the same thing as petty complaint. Don't get in too much of a hizzyfit.
>>
>>80466035
ebin meem
>>
>>80466083
>>
>>80466086
The ebinist 4U :)))))))))
>>
File: Xclone-1599195_b.jpg (2 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
Xclone-1599195_b.jpg
2 KB, 120x120
If I was doing this book I'd give her a quest/mission.
Given what the very first storyline was about and it used to be Logan's pet peeve, I'd have her hunt down and end (the mean way) any and all continuations of the Weapon X program in any form it might take.
That used to be the thing only Logan and a select few had the inside track on, and it's not a typical X-Men job now that X-Force is no longer running hits, so that's perfect for her to be off devoting her free time on until the readers warm to this character as Wolverine.
They can do emo characterbuilding luveeduveecrap in the other books, to be Wolverine you have to be (first and foremost) about what you do best.
>>
>>80460528

I wish we had more gothic-lolita Laura. She was super-hot in that comic 'Nyx', as a teenaged hooker. It was like one of my Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>80462085
no it wasn't.
>>
File: x-16.jpg (489 KB, 1024x1577) Image search: [Google]
x-16.jpg
489 KB, 1024x1577
>>80462085
no it wasn't.>>80462883
>And I'm not sure whether it would be possible to artificially advance that trigger
>>
>>80465909

I don't remember seeing one person complaining of Laura taking up the Wolvie mantle. She is a good fit for the job. Its the *writing* of that story that people are complaining about.

Its like when Wally took the Flash name when Barry died. Nobody complained about Wally. Oh, some folks complained about bumping off Barry in the first place but if you're going to do that, Wally is a good replacement.

Thin-skinned comicbook "writers" see a complaint about their hacky writing and as a defensive mechanism to their fragile ego they convince themselves that the complainers with legitimate arguments are all just sexist/racist trolls. Lets face it, if you were a decent writer you wouldn't be penning a *comicbook* and thats coming from a comics fan, go write your great american novel, go sell your million-dollar movie script.
>>
File: i know that feel bro.jpg (118 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
i know that feel bro.jpg
118 KB, 600x402
>>80465859
>a mediocre writer
I thought I was the only one who didn't like Tom Taylor.
>>
File: 1402250547826.jpg (20 KB, 147x273) Image search: [Google]
1402250547826.jpg
20 KB, 147x273
>>80461335
>>
This book is great.
>>
>>80470329
Another day, another tripfag filtered.
>>
>>80460528
welcome to writers who write about being a woman rather than being a person.
Writing a person you don't focus on being male or female just on that specific person, X23 shouldn't focused on her private parts and how the world interacts with that, She should be focused as an individual character.
>>
>>80469162
>I don't remember seeing one person complaining of Laura taking up the Wolvie mantle
There were several. But it wasn't because Wolverine shouldn't become Laura, but because Laura shouldn't become Wolverine. She had her own story. Making her another Wolverine undermines a whole lot of previous development.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.