[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel after Secret Wars: Where the Fuck Am I?!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
File: 1354441006115.jpg (579 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1354441006115.jpg
579 KB, 1000x1000
So i've been lost ever since the Secret War has started and currently i've only been able to get my hands on a few of the new issues. Looked at the Miles book and the first two issues have been fine outside of Bendis hamfisting how spider-man works. So where do I start back? Whats canon, whats not? Who's dead and who's living? Is Rightclops MIA, is 616 punisher the only one left? is the Ultimate universe finally fucking KILL or did that bullshit Ultimate End have something to it? WHERE THE FUCK IS GHOST RIDER? I'm sorry for the blog bullshit but, i'm just fuckin lost and unsure where to start.
Also What became of Kaine Parker.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1264x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1264x1920
>>80460019
I've been enjoying Spidey because it avoids all the current convoluted canon. If you know the main players and premise, you're r good.
>>
>>80460019
If Peter and Miles share the same spider-DNA.

Are they Spider-brothers?
>>
Just pick up a #1 of something that catches your eye and read it.
>>
>>80460019

Miles is the shittiest Spider character ever created, but they keep pushing him....
>>
>>80460019
>Looked at the Miles book and the first two issues have been fine
Fucking hell, man. There's no hope for you. Tell you what, go outside and look for a dog taking a shit. That would be time better spent.
>>
>>80461872
I like Miles. I don't understand all the butthurt over him
>>
>>80460237
I'm still confused if this is supposed to be in continuity. Because there is so much it is messing up.
>>
>>80461897
To tell you the truth he is very much over hyped. Now I think Miles is alright but he really suffers when you put him with other Spider's and notice how the writer have given him a severe lack of charisma.
>>
>>80461897
Tell me what you like about Miles, without using "fun" "I like his costume" "he has a lot of potential" or "Ganke is a great part of his cast".
>>
>>80461897
Really? You don't know why there's so much butthurt? Have you never-ever lurked past /pol/?
>>
>>80461872
Because his shit sells.
>>
>>80461897

Well, I can understand if you feel that way if you not really attached to Peter Parker. He pales in comparison to Peter, and Miles goes by the title of "Spider-Man" so he's compared to Peter.

If Miles had his own spider identity then it would be different, like Spider Gwen and Silk have there own mantle.

Peter is irreplaceable as Spider-Man, he is Spider-Man.
>>
someone just needs to write a comprehensive guide on "prime-earth"
>>
>>80460019
Bendis realized his own Miles Morales story was so fucked over that he needed a reset after 40 issues.
>>
>>80462038
Meh I would say Miles book has been better than ASM for the most part
>>
>>80461962
He's a good representation of someone picking up the Spider-Man title and not knowing what he's getting into. His family conflict was interesting, his mom was hot, and he was well written up until his extended whining over being Spidey.
>>
>>80462086

Are you talking about the entire ASM run or just Dan Slott's run?
>>
>>80460306
Wasn't Miles bit by a different Spider?
Peter and Silk though (thanks to Slott's hack-ish writing)
They're spider-siblings
>>
>>80462024
You got that slightly mixed up
He sells LIKE shit
>>
>>80461962

"He's an everyman"
"Venomblast is so cool"
>>
>>80460019
kek

im in the same place

imma just wait it out a bit more before i start reading it again
>>
>>80462122
>He's a good representation of someone picking up the Spider-Man title and not knowing what he's getting into.
As is literally any other legacy character. Miles isn't special in that regard.

>His family conflict was interesting, his mom was hot
Both things which pertain to his cast and not Miles himself, which is the same as falling back to Ganke as an excuse.

>and he was well written
He was, and still is, Peter Parker light. I once thought that was just Bendis' fault as usual, but Mark Waid is pulling the same shit right now.
>>
>>80462205
Wouldn't that make their making out Incest?
>>
>>80462205
Yeah, Miles was bitten by a spider from a series of experiments trying to recreate the spider that bit Peter. It crawled into Miles' uncle's bag while he was robbing OsCorp.
>>
>>80461877
Nigga read the line that follows. It's fine outside of the fact Bendis doesn't know how to write fucking spider-man. The just Miles parts are fine enough.
>>
>>80461897
Op here, I dislike Miles if only because his first bits in the Ultimate run gave him no personality, and Bendis needs to leave him to someone else to write. Also if they have one story where the Venom strike gets nerfed.. it would be great.
>>
>>80462295
>As is literally any other legacy character. Miles isn't special in that regard.
Miles is pure shit but characters don't need to be special to be good
>>
>>80462261
>"Venomblast is so cool"
Only Bendis can possibly think this
>>
>>80462246
>Always one of Marvel's top books on comixology
>Has been selling in the 30k's consistently since his creation
>His book debut #4 in February top 100
Unless the definition of shit sales changed you're reaching
>>
File: secret identity.png (95 KB, 466x483) Image search: [Google]
secret identity.png
95 KB, 466x483
>>80462295
I feel like we can't argue about liking miles without you saying "He is just peter parker in black skin".

Matter of fact, Liking miles is matter of opinion.
>>
>>80462295
Every story relies on a cast, there's literally no story that follows a single person indefinitely. Peter Parker without his supporting cast would be boring as fuck too.
>>
>>80462447
But he's not Peter Parker, no matter how hard people push that he is.
Also what the fuck is going on in the other Marvel books, is Tony Stark Plowing Mary Jane now or what? And how the fuck does super billionaire Spider-man work. I haven't read a single issue of that shit and i'm unsure if i should even try.
>>
>>80462122
>mom was hot
she died before the time skip
>>
>>80462378
>30k's consistently
Carnage sells at that level
And Carnage is sporting the name 'Spider-man'
>>
>>80461962
I empathize with him as he is a kid who is weak to authority and bases his self worth on what others expect of him.
>>
>>80462513
>is Tony Stark Plowing Mary Jane now or what?
No. Mary Jane is just his secretary, basically taking the role that Pepper Potts used to fill.

>And how the fuck does super billionaire Spider-man work.
He owns the a worldwide tech corporation with Spider-man being his "bodyguard." He's not actually a billionaire though because he's giving himself a mid-tier salary and donating a shitton to a charity he started called the Uncle Ben Foundation (because of course). It's basically an excuse to have Spider-man get a bunch of state-of-the-art tech (like a new spider-mobile and spider-sub, and shit like that) while also having him operate in a different city each issue since now Spider-man is "global." So one issue has him in London, the next has him in China, then Japan, then random African country, etc. Miles is the Spider-man of NYC, while Peter is the Spider-man of everywhere else.
>>
>>80462532
And got brought back by Molecule Man.
>>
>>80462513
I wouldn't bother
It's all over the place and not particularly captivating
>>
>>80462513
It's good he's not Peter. I don't like Peter.
>>
>>80462327
>Bendis doesn't know how to write fucking spider-man
Except the 160+ issue run of Spider-man that is arguably the all-time best Spider-man run.
>>
>>80462691
Kaine's better at not being Peter than Miles was

And Kaine's a fucking clone
>>
>>80462487
Then why is he good in every book and his personality so great. There's a reason he's been on every team and has so many team ups. Marvel could transport Pete to an entire new universe with a completely random cast and it would be great. Pete makes other chracters great, which is why he makes appearances in all the Spider series,
>>
>>80462295
>Stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>80462487
>Every story relies on a cast
We're not discussing a story. We're specifically discussing Miles as a character.
>>
>>80462731
Kaine is a great character, and he is his own character, where Miles is leeching off the Spider-Man mantle.

They should just call Miles Venom-Blast or something
>>
>>80462731

Actually, He was born as a disable clone with a hard-on for peter.

Ben reily is still peter but with some mental issues of being a fake.
>>
>>80462513
>But he's not Peter Parker, no matter how hard people push that he is.
There's no need for anyone to push this fact, because the proof is in the pudding. Bendis writes Miles exactly the same as Peter, only less interesting.
>>
>>80462900
THE BROWN RECLUSE
>>
>>80463091

For Christ sake anon, I am sorry that I going sound like "tumblr". But, You have to mention about his race?
>>
>>80463169
Is Brown referring to him being black or him being latino?
>>
>>80463169
Back Widow was already taken.
>>
>>80463091
>>80462900
>Miles will never have his own fucking name
The only reason they still call him Spider-Man is to confuse normies into saying he's the best Spider.
>>
>>80461906

>post says that anon likes the book because it ignores continuity
>type out a reply wondering if the book is in continuity

i dunno man
>>
>>80463251
>>80463245

Spider-Shock

Static-Spider.

Spider-blast.

Spock?
>>
>>80463255
I remember that poll
So underhanded
>>
>>80463245
Yes to both
Also he seems like a reclusive dude. He'd never leave the house if Ganke wasn't around.
>>
>>80463303

Not another black superhero with electric...

...powers...

Fuck.
>>
>>80464821
How does Miles's fucking Venom-Blast even fucking works? What kind of spider has electric powers?
>>
>>80465534
What kind of spider has precognitive powers?
>>
>>80465588
All of them.
>>
>>80465651
*GASP!* I knew you would say that!
>>
>>80465697
Fucking spider, get out of the internet!
>>
>>80465588
>>80465651
Wait a tick... Spiderman has both a precognitive spider-sense and super spider speed reflexes, how does any villian ever lay a hand on him?
For real, he gets the crap kicked out of him in a lot of fights. That don't make cents.
>>
>>80465797
From what I understand, Spider-Sense doesn't actually let's Spidey SEE the future, it just lets him know when there's danger around, so the danger could range from "someone is about to punch you" to "Galactus is coming to Earth and the whole planet is fucked" and the only difference would be the intensity with which the Spider-Sense is set off, kinda like an alarm that detects danger and then gets louder the more dangerous it is.
>>
>>80463303
Arachno-Blast!

...Damn, that sounds like a sex move.
>>
>>80465588
During Ditko/Lee run, Spidey could do more shit with his spider sense. He could receive radio signals as well, and some other things too.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.