[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torchwood USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
What episode did you give up on? For me, it was episode 3.
>>
Do they have a lot of sex and bisexuals too?
>>
Episode 1 of the first season. I recently tried to give it another chance, and saw episode 2 on netflix, and then promptly dropped it again.
>>
>>80451744
Replace bisexuals with Asians
>>
>>80451714

I've been watching it from the beginning. It's gotten a lot better since the first season but it also feels somewhat pointless since it has no effect on the movies.
>>
I didn't, I was personally fine with even the early episodes of season one.

Post-Hydra reveal AoS is pretty good, though.
>>
I didn't. Episode 4 convinced me to give it a chance.

It would be better without being part of MCU.
>>
>>80451714
When was the guy from Ghostbusters 2 on?
>>
>>80451793
>no effect on the movies

I actually kind of like that about shield it means the bigger movie vents can drive the smaller tv plot lines. Though this is marvel so I wouldn't be surprised if shield or some other show did take the reigns and lead into a movie
>>
>>80451814
It basically isn't part of the MCU anymore. They don't reference it much in Season 3 and they're finally doing a plot that has global consequences.
>>
Honestly, I like the show but the first half of season 1 sucks. Just skip to when Bill Paxton shows up.
>>
>>80451778
They have a lot of Asians.
>>
>>80451838

First season. He also showed up this season.
>>
Gave up when they shat on Graviton.
>>
>>80451908
I meant what episode because that's about when I dropped it
>>
>>80451902
Melinda, Daisy's mom, and Not-Magneto.

Yup, sure are a lotta Asians.
>>
>>80451714
Episode 3 or 4.

I kind of like watching train-wrecks though, so I kept watching it as a comedy, with the slightest of hopes that it gets decent.

Lo and behold, to my surprise, and out of fucking nowhere, it actually got decent. I wouldn't say 'good', but definitely entertaining and not cringe-worthy.

Some other shows are taking more than 17 episodes to get to the point where AoS is.

>>80451793
AoS is the effective broom car of the MCU. Every time there's a big plot-hole, it's up to them to cover the movies' ass. Like the AoU helicarrier, for example.

>>80451902
Like, 1.5. 2.5 if you count the S2 villain.
>>
>>80451714
I haven't, OP. I like the show and for me, it's only gotten better.
>>
>>80451916
Graviton hasn't even appeared really. They did an origin episode and then dropped it.
>>
>>80451927
S01E08
>>
File: shoosh .jpg (74 KB, 450x326) Image search: [Google]
shoosh .jpg
74 KB, 450x326
>giving up on the only series that got better as it went along
AoS is extremely watchable now. You blew it.
>>
>>80451963
Graviton requires a hefty budget. His coming back would be a more season finale or series finale villain to build up at the end.

Right now the Secret Warriors are about to gain Yo-Yo, Absorbing Man is coming back, Ward is confirmed for being The Hive, and Season 4 will add a superhero to the cast with the rumor being The Sentry
>>
>>80452048
>The Sentry
Bullshit. How could they even do it justice? His character makes little sense in the comics as it is! He'd look ridiculous on their budget.
>>
So we're still doing the whole "AoS is shit" thing huh?

>>80452003
This. A lot of shows start off slow so I don't understand why this one in particular has so many people declaring it crap after three episodes.
>>
>>80452003
Watched the episode where Blizzard returned in S2 and it was fucking shit.
>>
>>80451714
It's better than Arrow imo. Ward is a better villain than any of the MCU movie villains. Daisy a qt. Punished Coulson is cool. FitzSimmons is finally paying off. I'm enjoying it.
>>
I hope this helps to put some perspective for the people that have given up.

Skye, the most annoying character ever, pulls a fucking reverse Felicity.

She used to get things her way all the fucking time, but now she does things she doesn't agree with out of respect for her job and her boss. Figure that.

>>80452251
That's fair, but a tough break. It was one of the low points on that season.
>>
>>80452207
Probably because it got insane numbers when it premiered and then people realized there wasn't going to be movie actors showing up every episode and an incomprehensibly large budget.

Still a great show and their fight scenes are probably the best of any show that isn't daredevil
>>
Halfway trough the first episode, no regrets.
Gotham took me like 5 episodes, shit was horrible, i cringe everytime i see people saying its good.
>>
>>80451814
I thought Whedon said this wasnt actually MCU and Coulson is still dead.
>>
>>80452456
Whedon was basically saying that as far as AoU is concerned, Coulson is still dead since none of the Avengers know he's alive, and so he didn't take the series into consideration while writing AoU.
>>
>>80452296
>Better than Arrow
I don't think anyone argues with that point. Skye at her worst was never as big a cunt as Felicity.

It also holds on repeated viewings, since it doesn't rely so much on twists and references every episode. Nor does it rely on fucking soap-opera grade romance. The only romances it has are actually meaningful to the overall plot and characters.

These two points in particular are something it has on the Flash, even, although it is significantly less hype.

Also, they seem to build really cool finales. Last year's was about as good as AoU (yeah I know, I know, it wasn't horrible, but it was a disappointment) with about 5% of the budget.

>>80452456
He said that the movies must ripple outwards into the shows, not the other way around, so as to not alienate movie-only viewers. It's more of an add-on than anything. It does cover some movie plot-holes.

It's like layered canon.
>>
>>80452358
I'm still pretty sure the first half of season 1 was entirely ruled by the network trying to make a standard detective show with characters people know the name of.Then they gave up since it wasnt as popular as CSI so the weird stuff got to rule the day.
>>
>>80451936
>Not-Magneto
>Dacascos
Iron-Chefneto
>>
>>80452631
Is it still full of stupid momments like Bruce "training" or saying "Batman-esque" like that retarded scene in wich he's holding his breath inside the pool, or burning himself with the candle? Does Jim Gordon still finds himself going to Bruce's house for no reason at all just to talk about crimes and stuff.
Are there still villains like Not-Joker every other week?
>>
>>80452765
First episode of the half season had Mr. Freeze wandering the city freezing and kidnapping people to try and find a method that allowed them to come back alive via defrost for Nora. This ended with one person melting on screen and heavily implied similar results for 13 others when they were defrosted. Bruce did not appear at all.

Also through season 2 Bruce has been less wanna be edgelord and more intense weirdo like the actual Bruce would be
>>
>>80451936
Well, at least, 3 great Chinese guests:
Tsai Chin (Lian 'Mama' May),
James Hong (William 'Papa' May), and
Tsi Ma (Agent Kwan)
>>
I dropped it soon after x-acto fingers lady was introduced
>>
>>80453217
The fact that it was stupid was the whole point of the episode, idiot.
>>
>>80452207
>A lot of shows start off slow so I don't understand why this one in particular has so many people declaring it crap after three episodes.

Because not everyone wants in invest time in a show that'll be great in season 3 when season 1 doesn't grab them

I've tried watching game of thrones so many times and it just doesn't interest me.
>>
>>80453748
Yeah, but it doesn't make it a bad show. I don't watch it and have no interest for it, but the statement the dude was replying to was claiming it was shit.
>>
>>80453818
When people say stuff like "it's shit" they mean it doesn't grab their attention or they don't like. stop being a sperg.
>>
>>80453943
Not everyone that takes things like they are written are spergs, anon.
>>
>>80452094
>How could they even do it justice?
a guy who looks suspiciously like ward, because it's aos and it's always going to be ward, keeps trying to convince coulson and may that they used to be friends and that the void is coming back. he turns up in places he shouldn't be able to gain access to, has a blue towel pinned to the back of his jacket and he's completely invulnerable to everything they throw at him.
it's aos, it's not going to be good or accurate
>>
>>80454476
>a guy who looks suspiciously like ward, because it's aos and it's always going to be ward,
it's more like Ward looks so bland and generic, face-wise. He's very template-y. I still like him, though.

The sentry makes more sense when he's such a threat that even the avengers are outmatched against him.

His psychological dichotomy is still interesting and could be explored under a different name, for sure.
>>
>>80451714
>Torchwood USA

I guess that fits, since I love both.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 493x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 493x552
This exact scene.
>>
>>80452296
>implying Simmons isn't going to string along Fitz until one of them dies at the end of Season 3
>>
>>80458035
the minute they hook up, one of them
a) dies
b) turns evil
c) gains superpowers that put a hold on the relationship
pick 2
>>
File: 1453545275550.png (603 KB, 688x1019) Image search: [Google]
1453545275550.png
603 KB, 688x1019
>tfw Ward's Wild Ride will never end

Pick your Ward, senpaitachi
>>
Is anyone still here? There's a new clip for next week.
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/agents-of-shield-sneak-peek-slingshot-232506030.html

Featuring more Limeyward/Mockingtits funny banter and Yoyo Rodriguez.
>>
>>80462583
Who's playing Yo-yo?
>>
>>80462708
That mexican lady in the clip, I think. Natalia Cordova-Buckley She seems a bit older than what I expected in some shots. Meh, as long as she's a good actress.

I noticed the lack of Quake, Linc and the other dude, ready to be deployed against another inhuman. She's probably stealing something for someone she owes money to, and it'll be a redemption arc.
>>
>>80462583
Wait, are the fish-oil pills safe for normal humans?
>>
>>80452456
Well Whedon isn't in the MCU anymore, so it doesn't really mean much.
>>
>>80462969
Yeah. The crystals dissolved in the water, but not the kree casing that was actually converting people to stone.

So pills are harmless to everyone. Well, except unlucky inhumans.

>>80463025
I'm on your side of the argument, but Whedon was the one feeding his brother info so they could properly plan the intersections. With Whedon and Ike gone, the crossovers will be more scarce and/or of worst quality.

Which is great, because I think the show has stand on its own and don't want everything to cross over just for the sake of crossing over.
>>
I think the fact that no one takes it seriously any more is giving thee writers more leeway to do insane horsehit. I mean let's really look at the plot-lines that have taken place post-TWS

>The Paxtoning, aka the show turning into an actual espionage action series for the back half of S1

>First half of S2 becoming an Indiana Jones treasure-hunt against one of the best villains the entire MCU has produced(Whitehall) while also laying the foundation of the Inhuman plotlines

>A SHIELD civil war with Admiral Adama

>An Inhuman/SHIELD terror war

>A strange combination of Metal Gear political spying and Dan Brown ancient conspiracy storyline about the secret origins of HYDRA and their plans to open a portal into a hell-dimension to unleash their dark overlord

They've burned through like 5 seasons of normal TV plot in 2 1/2. Agents of SHIELD is fucking crazy in ways even The Flash can't match at points.

I feel like no one at Disney or ABC is actually paying attention to the writers and just letting them do whatever wacky horseshit they want to.
>>
I wonder if Civil War is gonna affect this season much.

They already had a mini one last time.
>>
>>80463531
>one of the best villains the entire MCU has produced(Whitehall)
Literally who? I've watched season 2 and have no idea who this is.
>>
>>80463531
>one of the best villains the entire MCU has produced(Whitehall)
>Agents of SHIELD is fucking crazy in ways even The Flash can't match at points
you can't be this delusional
>>
Actually watching Season 3 right now. I'm at the part where May gets super pissed that Hunter failed to kill Ward, decides to go after him herself and tells Hunter to stay home

Is this show for real? Why are they suddenly writing Hunter as the most useless character when he was the coolest character in season 2?

Also the SHIELD civil war thing was dumb and had no satisfying payoff.
>>
>>80451714
Not given up yet, been watching since episode 1.
>>
File: nevah.gif (255 KB, 325x178) Image search: [Google]
nevah.gif
255 KB, 325x178
>>80451714
>>
File: 1429060622185.png (94 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1429060622185.png
94 KB, 1016x970
>this thread
>>
>>80451793
But season 2 actually had effect on Avengers. Coulson spoon fed info on whereabouts of Loki's scepter and built Hellicarier.
>>
I watched all of season 1 and that was it.
I didn't hate it, I just couldn't bring myself to care about it. When I heard all the hype about "INHUMANS!" I wasn't interested, and when they revealed who Skye was supposed to be, I actually had to be reminded who she was, despite owning the Secret Warriors omni.
>>
>>80461272
Limey Ward desu senpai
>>
>>80464332
I really think Season 3 is where they crossed the line. The Avengers aren't going to notice or intervene when new Inhumans start popping up randomly across the US, and nationally televised manhunts for superpowered individuals are going on?
>>
>>80451793
>>80451877
>>80452456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR1W5ZYGVF8
>>
>>80451714
>Torchwood USA

I always felt this was either Fringe or Warehouse 13.
>>
>>80464482
>"time to bring in the Avengers"

Damn, well at least i have 3 seasons to binge now
>>
>>80464491
There was a comparison in the context of Doctor Who/MCU connections.
>>
>>80464491
>Warehouse 13
The comparison would've been even better if they had made that Warehouse 12 flashback episode set in Victorian England into a spin-off series. It even had Gareth David-Lloyd!
>>
>>80464332
You've got it backwards. They wrote that plot to fill in background for the movie. The movie was explicitly written without AoS in mind.
>>
Does it at least have a Childern of Earth? Like at least one interesting plot that feels satisfying in a sea of shit?
>>
>>80465057
From The End of the Beginning to The Beginning of the End, probably.
>>
>>80461272
>there are people who don't pick Limey Ward
>>
>>80464937
It doesn't change anything.
>>
>>80461272
Brett Dalton. The new Hydra logo is based
>>80466960
hate Limey Ward, most annoying character in the show
>>
So, in season 1 the events of Winter Soldier mattered a lot. Season 2 had Coulson locating the scepter and providing the helicarrier from Age of Ultron.

How is Season 3 going to tie into Civil War? Will the team locate Bucky?
>>
>>80464436
They're too busy dropping cities out of the sky
>>
>>80461272
I still miss Chocolate Ward

He should have won the SimmonsBowl
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.