[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever read an entire comic book series, I'm working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 2016-03-04-08-15-33-1.jpg (145 KB, 539x399) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-04-08-15-33-1.jpg
145 KB, 539x399
Have you ever read an entire comic book series, I'm working on pic related
>>
yes, Nova
>>
>>80443663
Read online all the Dilbert from beginning to end, if that counts.

Other than that, mostly stuff that no matter how long the run always had an intention to have a beginning and end
like Fables, or Y the Last Man, or other things that went on for quite a while but never got past the 200 mark
>>
Yup, all of Robin, Animal Man, Nightwing, original Young Justice, various DC runs that I'm forgetting right now.

My current long-goal project is to read all of Batman and Detective Comics, it's pretty daunting.
>>
I've read all of Ultimate Spider-Man and all of Amazing since One More Day. I should go back and read Amazing from the start.
>>
Yes. ASM, Every volume of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Daredevil and X-Men.
>>
I've read all the original Doctor Fate.

It was pretty good. I like how they took some influences from Lovecraft, with the weird and confusing concepts early on but it got sanitized halfway through for whatever reason, probably social justice soccer moms or whatever else existed at the time. He just became another guy stopping bank robberies and mad scientists which is absolutely criminal.

I did get it relatively cheap, though.
>>
>>80444011
Dude that's like 1700 issues to read
good fucking luck with that.
>>
I have this real urge to stalk John Ostrander by going through everything in comics that he had written.
>>
>>80444011

Wasn't there a trip who tried to do that way back when? Pretty sure he ended up skipping to the 80s because he was getting weary of trying to dig through the earlier stuff.
>>
I physically own every issue of X-Factor, dating back to the 80's and all of the modern Suicide Squad, from Ostrander's to today. I've read most of X-Men, but I don't own physical copies of everything. Same with Deadpool. I've also read maybe a thousand issues featuring Superman, but fuck me if that even puts a dent into the total.
>>
File: 1445390006380.jpg (166 KB, 1345x864) Image search: [Google]
1445390006380.jpg
166 KB, 1345x864
I read all of Cerebus the Aardvark.

It's the longest run ever by a single author in the history of western comics.

It changed how I look at comics, to be honest.
>>
>>80444349
>>80444715
I've been working on it for a few years now, and I keep switching to other series to give myself a break. The Golden Age is a goddamn chore, ngl. At first it's like; "Haha, this is so ridiculous and zany!! " but 30 issues down the road it's just a chore

Though I love seeing how much the Batcave has changed, in those early years the most high tech thing in there is like the fucking phone it's nuts
>>
>>80443663
I have read every single issue of the Ultimate Universe (I'm not proud) and I've finished a lot of comics that have gotten cancelled...I miss them so much.
>>
>>80444967
I've also read everything with art by Sam Kieth. I love his art style, but I'll admit his writing is pretty lacking.
>>
>>80445126
I still miss Kaine's Scarlet Spider run.
>>
>>80444160
Is Thor any good in the 70s?
>>
File: ScarletSpider20-p15.jpg (314 KB, 1041x1600) Image search: [Google]
ScarletSpider20-p15.jpg
314 KB, 1041x1600
>>80445488
Yeah, I miss him too. He was too good for this world
>>
>>80445617
Technically, he's still alive. He's just farting around Loom World.

Some writer needs to do something with him, STAT!
>>
Legions
>>
>>80445527
Yes. It's pretty fucking solid. Only bad Thor comic I have witnessed so far is the new one.
>>
File: Thor Ish 138 21.jpg (37 KB, 199x323) Image search: [Google]
Thor Ish 138 21.jpg
37 KB, 199x323
>>80445827
Is it actually solid or is it just merely serviceable like Cap in the 70s
>>
>>80445862
Solid.
>>
>>80445875
Can you give me the gist of the 70s?
>>
>>80443663
>someone had put every 616 Spider-man book in chronological order on PB and divided it in twenty increments.
>Read Amazing and Team-up into the late 1970s.
>go back to PB to get more and find out the torrents are gone.
completely drained me of attempting it. Half the battle is collecting all this stuff to read.
>>
>>80445071
I don't think Batman really clicks for me until the Brave and the Bold team-ups start in the 60s. Superman seems like more of a fun marathon. All of those books from the 50s onwards were strangely great.
>>
>>80446317
Well yeah they had the GOAT cape writer Otto Binder
>>
>>80445862
>70's Cap
I like Madbomb a fuck of a lot.
>>
File: Captain America 144-012.jpg (79 KB, 362x436) Image search: [Google]
Captain America 144-012.jpg
79 KB, 362x436
>>80446718
When you average all the Cap books in the 70s it is only serviceable. Kirby kraziness is only like two years of ten years of fucking around in Harlem while Falcon is a giant black asshole and Cap is a depressed NEET and no antagonists are even vaguely interesting except for Skully
>>
>>80446168
I did it. Its not even hard. There are plenty of chronology lists to follow.
>>
>>80445617
Too bad it's non-canon
Mephistoverse GTFO
>>
>>80446925
Yeah, okay, I agree, no arguement.
Related: I like older comics and I kept hearing about how great Englehert's avengers and Cap runs were, having read them all, I'd have to say "sevicable" might be over generous.
>>
>>80447234
To be fair to stevie, you can't make Avengers any good unless you turn them into the Justice League
>>
>>80447321
This argument is wrong on so many levels. Avengers, unlike Justice League are supposed to lead by A-Listers while other members are supposed to be B or C listers. That's why old runs will always be better than new ones. Not that I can remember any Avengers title being an utter piece of shit in recent memory though.
>>
>>80447912
>Not that I can remember any Avengers title being an utter piece of shit in recent memory though.

Apparently you're not reading the current All New All Different Avengers. Or the current Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>80448021
ANAD is mediocre and Uncanny is ''decent'' enough.
>>
>>80443663
The Goon
The runaways
Scarlet Spider
Turf
Spider-man Nior
Luke Cage Nior

Currently working on Elephant Men
>>
>>80448199
>Spider-man Nior
>Luke Cage Nior
Does reading three 4-part mini series really count as an accomplishment?
>>
>>80443663
Sonic The Comic when I was young, Ultimate Spiderman when that came out, and most recently Invincible
>>
>>80443663
All of The Authority runs and their side stuff.
>>
>>80448021
Bendis.
>>
>>80443663
Working on asm and Daredevil right now
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.