[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jungle Movie officially green-lit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: tjmCB.png (658 KB, 572x569) Image search: [Google]
tjmCB.png
658 KB, 572x569
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCdu5JbIHCi/?taken-by=craigbartlett&hl=en

>It's official! The two-part, two-hour Jungle Movie is greenlit for production! So glad to be back with my friends at Nickelodeon.
>>
>>80431714
I'll say it again: Arnold looks might fine in those shorts.
>>
It will end where, for many people, it began: in the jungle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlzuEQiRfU
>>
File: Wonderful.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>80431714
>>80431739
>>80432136
>>
So, which voice actors (if any) are likely to return?
>>
>>80432970
helga's VA can still do her child voice.
>>
>>80432970
Rhonda's apparently, all I know
>>
>>80433006
Phoebe also.
>>
The Patakis when?

I need me some teenage pregnant Phoebe.
>>
God I hope they don't contemporise it and fill it with references to Iphones and uber and whatnot
>>
>>80434047
i think the fact that they're completing such a specific plot arc and that it's just a one-off thing means they probably won't
>>
>>80434047
it'd be weird considering when the show ended, even the movie, beepers were still a thing.

oh yeah, the movie sucked, it just felt like a long episode and the episode sucked. and yes, i watched it a few days ago, not back when the series was still somewhat fresh, dead off nick when the movie hit.

i like the show, especially the music which is top notch shit. but the movie was just boring.
>>
It's be nice if Nick could be brace and actually let Miriam be a drunk.
>>
>>80434211
you dont have to say 'alcohol' out loud. she wants a goddamn smoothie. she's a girl drink drunk. she wouldnt ever say 'i need a drink' because some idiot would hand her something gross without any ice or sugar in it at all
>>
>>80435669
Just show her with a glass of tomato juice with a celery stick garnishing the glass.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7 KB, 263x191
Okay with me.
>>
>>80433409
why Phoebe i dont recall teenage pregnant Phoebe in pilot script?
>>
>>80436149
It was in there somewhere.
>>
>>80434119
well the Movie was originally just going to be a TV movie, that's why it's rather poor of quality for an Animated movie released theatrically by Nickelodeon, when usually said movies look pretty good
>>
>>80436223
Yeah Nickelodeon thought a Hey Arnold! Movie where nothing happens to the status quo would mirror the success of Rugrats's movies. Barlett wanted the Jungle Movie to be a theatrical finale for the series but execs vetoed & everyone lost.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (10 KB, 313x161) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
10 KB, 313x161
Hope Bartlett brings his A game to this. I think he will.
I kind of doubt we'll ever see The Pataki's but this will do. Most of the fanbase seems to want a conclusive ending more than a continuation of the series.
>>
>>80431714
I'm both indifferent and kinda looking forward to it
>>
TimBox got his fucking wish. The multi-site spamming is about to commence, I can fucking feel it.
>>
I am excited.
>>
I swear if they have i-phones and shit I'm gonna flip, I don't see why they would, but then again it's modern Nick
>>
>>80438168
They have cell phones and computers in the series but I know what you mean. Same way that nearly all the cars are vintage-Packard, older Lincoln town car,etc.
The series exists in it's own universe so they will probably stay with that.
Expect a joke about how they feel they've been in 4th grade forever.
>>
File: Jesus Christ how Dandy.jpg (67 KB, 507x496) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ how Dandy.jpg
67 KB, 507x496
>>80436994
>Dragon's Lair movie that was in its beginning stages way back in the 80s is most likely getting made
>Samurai Jack final season is being made
>Swat Katz continuation
>HA Jungle Movie is greenlit
Are we living in the age of abandoned hopes and broken dreams suddenly being given another chance?
>>
>>80439071
Kids grow up, begin thinking of shows they like and begin petitioning for them to come back.
Hey Arnold's base has been very solid since the show ended and has only gotten bigger and stronger over time.
Why? Every fan has a different answer.
>>
>>80439279
I wasn't really talking about "bringing back old things", but more like "finishing things", giving things a closure; ENDING stories.

You can "bring back" things that had a real ending, and make up new stories (even when there is no need). It is I think just, and fair, to be able to end every story, to conclude every work.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (2 MB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
2 MB, 158x158
>>80439404
That's a pretty cool opinion, my man.
>>
>>80439404
Agree. And that is what I believe most of the fans want. To end the questions about Arnold's parents and to see Arnold and Helga be together.
Cliffhanger endings suck and Hey Arnold's is probably one of the most famous in animation.
Glad to know we're getting some answers.
>>
>>80432970
Helga, Rhonda, Phoebe and Harold have all said they'd return if asked, and I know Craig is still interested on bringing them aboard.
>>
>>80436978
I think the series is supposed to come back if the TV Movie does well.
>>
>>80440185
No need to bring back what belongs in the past. Finish the series with the movie, and have it be over with.
>>
>>80440204
Next gen show with Arnold and Helga's kid then.
>>
>>80440204
Yeah. I love the show and I'd like for The Jungle Movie to be the end.
We know that Arnold and Helga will be together and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>80434047
http://mashable.com/2016/03/02/nickelodeon-hey-arnold-chris-viscardi/#oiQoYwQYriqk
>In the movie, too, Arnold will only be "a few days older" than when viewers last saw him — thus, living in the same world, with the same friends. Meaning, yes, there will be no cell phones. ("Unless Craig Bartlett wants to see that, we will not be seeing that," Viscardi says.)
>>
>>80440204
Agreed, but that's what I remember hearing. Of course, this was about a year ago so plans may have changed. I could definitely do without a series revival.
>>
>>80432970

Well that's a given, since women never have trouble doing younger voices. They'll probably get Gerald's since his was already using digital effects around the time of the third or so season.

They might get one of the guys who played Arnold and just do the same by filtering his voice into a higher pitch.
>>
File: Pirates of Dark Water.jpg (93 KB, 535x800) Image search: [Google]
Pirates of Dark Water.jpg
93 KB, 535x800
>>80439404

I'd do anything to get THIS back and given an ending. The thing was one of my biggest inspirations
>>
>>80440898

It'll probably just have some minor anachronisms, given the original show had it's share of new and old tech depending on the character.

Arnold had that swag as fuck bedroom. That one tenant had fucking Bond level stuff to interact with the others without ever being in the room with them. Yet you had Bob promoting beepers and pagers despite both things pretty much dropping dead the moment cell phones got popular. And of course many of the televisions people had being boxy boobtubes with antennas.
>>
>>80436978
Well The Patakis sounded more like a separate story set in the same world. I mean yeah it's about Helga and her family after the fact but it sounded like it's own thing not even really thematically similar to HA.
>>
File: Quality.jpg (64 KB, 530x795) Image search: [Google]
Quality.jpg
64 KB, 530x795
>This will be so popular it will make Nickelodeon green light another season

>We will all get to witness zombie Hey Arnold
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.