[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its over 300!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: batman-vs-superman-trailer-cap7.jpg (423 KB, 2811x1205) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-trailer-cap7.jpg
423 KB, 2811x1205
get hard!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/28229-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-expected-to-have-300m+-opening-weekend.html
>>
File: 1449092744668.jpg (323 KB, 1532x366) Image search: [Google]
1449092744668.jpg
323 KB, 1532x366
>>80429149
This movie is gonna be the tits
>>
b-but will it beat Avatar?
>>
>>80429301

NEW REPORTS!!!

Batman V Superman projected to make less money than Avatar. Is the DC Universe dead before arrival?
>>
We have a thread up already
>>
>expected

Where does this number come from

do people reserve tickets or something
>>
>>80429361
On /co/ - Television & Film you can never have too many threads about live-action capeshit.

Seems like the mods and janitors agree.
>>
300m what?
Eyes gouged out in theater?
150 million people without eyes... Wow.
>>
>>80429249
>FALSE GOD!!!!!
-not Batman
>>
>>80429409
Early ticket sales have been available since March 1st
>>
>>80429149
this film will make $430 opening weekend.
>>
205 dom
445 ww

easy
>>
>>80429149
New Reports BvS will be a mediocre movie with bad plot and story but cool action sequences and will make money big surprise
>>
File: 1326961748212.jpg (15 KB, 410x397) Image search: [Google]
1326961748212.jpg
15 KB, 410x397
>>80432603
T-This wasn't suppose to happen. It was suppose to flop! IT WAS SUPPOSE TO FLOP! /co/ & /tv/ save me!
>>
>>80433093
The name recognition guarantees it won't be a financial flop unless it is unimaginably bad.
I mean try to picture just how bad it would have to be to have the opposite effect of say Deadpool's word of mouth advertising, where everyone and their mother is telling others not to see it because it is so terrible.
You'd have to be consciously making every bad decision imaginable and still somehow get the movie pushed out to do so.
Not to say they might not have fumbled a little with stuff like the Doomsday early reveal, but otherwise I don't see how else they could actually make it practically a radioactive mess.
>>
>>80429149
I hope it's good.
>>
If this will make the internet stop trashing DC cause it's not Marvel, I'm for it.

...but it'll be years before the DC characters I want to see will show up on screen.
>>
>>80433612
you're still going to have your typical Marvel writers still act hostile over DC for contrived reasons & movieblob will posting articles about the Death of Cape Cinema for weeks.
>>
>>80429149

I just don't see that happening. I mean, even The Force Awakens "only" did $248,000,000 (domestic) in its opening weekend, and people were genuinely excited for that. The general tone I get about BvS is one of trepidation - MoS had a very mixed reception after a lot of eager anticipation and Snyder seems to be biting off an awful lot all at once with the followup, so people seem hesitant about it. And to make matters worse, it's in March, which isn't a time of year that historically drives big box office returns. The weak second trailer certainly didn't help matters, though the third trailer might have boosted things a bit. But I can't help but feel they're saying that they're expecting big numbers to try and drive the tracking up.
>>
>>80433896
>The general tone I get about BvS is one of trepidation
the only people talking about it in trepidation are MCU cucks who shit on it for not having enough humor or not being "fun", whatever the hell that word means anymore.

most people are going to watch it because it's a movie with both superman and batman in it together, for the first time ever, not to mention wondy's first movie depiction. that's a really huge deal. not to mention this movie has been slowly building hype for three fucking years. hell they finished shooting it in december 2014! they took a whole fucking year just to edit it, making it look good and do the publicity tours.
>>
>>80429149
>As the Hollywood trade notes, that $300-$340m would place the DC tentpole movie fifth behind previous superhero films' opening weekends such as Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 3.

Anyone know how much each of those films make opening weekend domestically and world wide?
>>
>>80433764
Jesus Christ, I have never seen someone so bias as Moviebob.
"Ugh, the awful JJ Abrams is making a 'true' Star Wars film for the older fans, and it's gonna be such contrived shit...it's good, but man, does Abrams stink"
The guy is so devoted to his preconceptional hatred to things that they come off as extremely bitter even when he admits products are good. Hell, he still considers Iron Man 3 as brilliant for the Mandarin twist.
Oh, don't forget how he suddenly hates South Park now that it went against his views.
>>
>>80434235
Box Office Mojo is your friend.
>>
>>80433532
Why does /co/ believe everyone who talks shit about DC is a Marveldrone? When it comes to /tv/ shit I mean.
>>
>>80434283
TFA wasn't good. The prequels were worse films but had better story. TFA fucked up the universe for all time.
>>
>>80434283
>Moviebob.

>Even if BvS only got it's R-18 rating because of one single scene the fact that it's so close to an R means WB don't understand the source
>Totally fucking ignores and never mentions that The Avengers also got a R rating initially
>Meaning the released PG-13 cut is literally one scene away from being R-18
But it's Marvel so it's ok.
>>
>>80434325
Some people on /co/ do believe that but they're the vocal minority. Most realize that many disgruntled people are DC fans too, that's why they're mad obviously.
>>
>>80429347
Spotted the Marvelfag
>>
What this movie really needs are quips, and no villains at all. They can have a robot that tries to out quip Batman, but really Bruce goes 80% of the movie without ever putting on a cowl at all. Just quips at everyone and dances to AC DC a lot.
>>
File: no youre not.jpg (423 KB, 1070x1346) Image search: [Google]
no youre not.jpg
423 KB, 1070x1346
>>80434656
>What this movie really needs are quips, and no villains at all.
They already do anon:

>Do you bleed? You will
>I thought she was with you
>I love bringing people together!
>No, I don't think you've ever known a woman like me
>Even you got too old to die young

And how exactly is Doomsday anything but another 2 dimensional villain?
>>
>>80434748
this made bruce a real dick.
>>
>>80434748
>Pregnet
>>
File: this bitch.png (224 KB, 261x320) Image search: [Google]
this bitch.png
224 KB, 261x320
>>80429149
>>80433896
lets get this out of the way for future boxoffice mojo experts here. NOTHING WILL BEAT STAR WARS. Not Avengers, & certainly not Justice League. Don't even try to suggest a solo cape movie can compete. Cape movies are niche compared to a Pop Cult Icon.
>>
>>80434748
He needs to be revealed as a drunk has-been actor too.
>>
>>80434748
doomsday is a mindless drone working for Lex. he's basically bizarro in a dumbed down doomsday skin. at least we know he'll grow horns and shit as the movie goes on.
>>
>>80434569
Wasn't it just Coulson getting impaled or something?
>>
File: 1338397758570.jpg (16 KB, 376x188) Image search: [Google]
1338397758570.jpg
16 KB, 376x188
>300 million opening weekend
>350 million at closing
>>
>>80429149
300 million worldwide you retard.

140 million domestic is respectable but not the fuckhuge one you're thinking of
>>
>>80433764
>Dan Slott-"Superman said if he wanted Batman dead he would be, murder!!!!"
>>
>>80435096
Yeah but it completely destroys his argument so he ignored it.
>>
Shill threads going hard
>>
>>80435170
140 is still a conservative estimate. It'll be closer to 200.

Anyway, I don't understand the obsession with box office numbers on the internet.
>>
>>80435244
I honestly don't think Slott actually knows what the word murder means.
>Superman literally murdered Zod
>>
>>80435363
>Slott doesn't know what words mean
explains his spider-man
>>
>>80435318
Only 3 movies have ever made more than 200 opening weekend domestically. If BvS can do it then it's already a massive winner.
>>
At least in my country you can't pre-order tickets until about a week, week and a half, before the premier date. I would imagine at least some other European nations have a similar policy, meaning these numbers will just go higher.
>>
>>80435405
Look, movies will continue to break records until the end of time. Just like when TDK broke a billion it was a rarity, but now it's par for the course. It's currently tracking better than Jurassic World and has 0 competition, and it's on a holiday weekend.
>>
>>80435318

Box Office numbers are the last line of defense company war shills have to convince themselves a movie won't be a success.

Movie was well received by critics, features true to source material characters and good actors that not only portrayed their respective character well but also enjoyed their time on set and actively look forward to portraying them in sequels? Still made 10 million less than this movie I have imagined a rivalry with so it was shit, ship is sinking, fanboys on suicide watch, your company got BTFO. cucks, cucks, cucks, cucks, cucks.
>>
>>80435613
I can't wait for the threads in 2 months where the OP image is just BvS RT score next to Civil War RT score and it gets 500 posts.
>>
>>80435677

I can't wait for the day everyone who dedicated so many hours of their lives to thinking the success of one company has anything but a positive effect on the other realize how much time they have wasted and kill themselves.

Seriously. Does anyone really think Batman v Superman doing bad means CW will do well? If anything people are going to see its poor performance and think "Hang on, maybe superhero vs superhero movies are shit" and it will have a negative impact on CW.
>>
>>80429149
This is the saddest excuse for a thread I've ever seen.

Who really cares? They're not going to cancel the films they're already making if it does poorly.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.