[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: spawn.jpg (218 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
spawn.jpg
218 KB, 600x450
>hadn't read Spawn since I was kid
>try to pick it up again
Was it always that edgy teenage shit?
>>
no, they went back in time and changed it
>>
>>80414176
Still better than tdkr
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO008.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>cute angel try to have normal conversation with you
>nail her to the wall, let her being raped in the alley
>bitching that she can't answer your questons now

I swear, Downing is even worse than Simmon was.
>>
>>80414176
It was a book not even Gaiman and Morrison could write a decent issue for.
>>
>>80414206
most things are
>>
>>80414176
todd regreted making spawn white so he made simon returned
>>
>post retcon Spawn can't be even worse than the original
>it can
>>
>>80414176

Yeah. And the only reason he was named Spawn was so his comic would appear next to Spider-Man.
>>
>>80414476
Well, that was smart move, you can give them that.
>>
>>80414237
What. That sounds awful.
>>
>>80414476

The only reason Spider-man has a hyphen is so that his comic title is not confused for superman
>>
i always liked spawn even when they tried to make him into a sasquach/jersey devil cryprid lurking in the alleys. though that one issue with the guy with the pentagram on his chest who tried to summon spawn like a demon and got fucked hard was great.
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO009.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
It's still pathetic how hard they avoid to draw actual female nudity.
Like I read comic book which main audience are gay teenage boys.
>>
>>80414507
It become worse when her husband shows up, and whitespawn says it was self defense, than the author just drop the isue and forget the whole thing ever happened.
>>
>>80414659
>It's still pathetic how hard they avoid to draw actual female nudity.
How's the book rated? You can't pretend much if they want to keep it PG.
>>
>>80414722
NC-17
>>
>>80414476
well, most Image creators did this

Larsen and McFarlane worked on Spider-Man, so they did Spawn and Savage Dragon

Lee, Liefeld and Portacio worked on X-Men, so they picked the next best initial: Wildcats, Wetworks and Youngblood
>>
I know nothing about spawn besides general knowledge I gained from /co/ Is it worth reading any of the comics? Or should I watch the animated series?
>>
>>80415043
Beside the stuff about edginess I really liked the original spawn stuff. The edginess isn't really a problem.
>>
>>80415043
The animated series is great, comics are edgy and the writing is hit and miss. My suggestion, watch the show, if you like it check a few comics and go from there.
>>
>>80414659
Even though they are under Image imprint! Frontal Nudity is supposedly non issue for Image. Even Top Cow doesn't have problem of showing full blown nude now (Beauty).
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO006.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
>>80415043
Read the comic up till Mabolga is kill. Avoid the rest like plague.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5tCbd4fgkw
Why is this so much better than the actual movies?
>>
/co/ rank your Spawn artists.
>>
>>80414679
Thanks for validating my disgust everytime I see an expensive Spawn figure in someone's house.
>>
>>80416375

Capullo > the rest
>>
>>80414176
>>80414196
This. They retconned everything. It used to be a thoughfull comment on US race issues, what with the MC being a black dude who's cursed to be white and shit.
>>
>>80414659
>Like I read comic book which main audience are NO HOMO BRO teenage boys.

Same audience as the WWF, yeah.
>>
>>80414196
To worse.
>very first story arc: kick Satan's ass to get my wife back from the Hell.
Also, they should close the previvous universe first. And no, not in the court against Gaiman.
>>
>>80416273
made by a fan for fans not executives for profit
>>
>>80415341
The tv series was fantastic. Near the end of its run, it starts getting really hamfisted, like they mush 2 hours of an idea into 30 minutes.
>>
>>80417471
That woman actually looks like as a man with tits.
>>
I'm slowly collecting the TPBs - they do start out quite edgy. It was the 90s though.

I wouldn't collect the omnibuses - no color.
>>
I remember the HBO series.
It was the first cartoon I saw that made me realize that there are some cartoons that aren't for kids, like I was at the time.

Scarred.
>>
File: spawn3.gif (36 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
spawn3.gif
36 KB, 300x207
>>80421157
I only know about it from the animated series, which I saw last year. It was glorious how it was basically hand-drawn and 2D capeshit that was adults-only.

The only downside for me was when the show ended right when Spawn finally stopped bitching and decides to do something.

But it's like the 2012 Dredd movie for me all over again, I'm legit interested in finding out more about the comic series. Does /co/ have a rec list?
>>
>>80420588
>no color

That actually sounds really cool unless the coloring was that good.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.