[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you think the RT score will drop? http://strawpoll.me/6980547
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Where do you think the RT score will drop?
http://strawpoll.me/6980547
>>
Alright, which outstanding human being put 0-10?
>>
File: IMG_20160224_213912_01.jpg (80 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160224_213912_01.jpg
80 KB, 1000x1000
>People voting without bumping the thread
>>
60-80

i expect the same kind of complaints MoS had

stuff like''it's too edgy'' and ''it takes itself too seriously, superhero movies should be light and fun''
>>
>>80414049
The irony is that the people who complain about that just can't put their finger on why they actually didn't like it.
If Man of Steel had better editing and writing, people would have loved it. It was never about the tone
>>
I think it's going to be a great movie but I don't think I'll enjoy it. I prefer cape films with more humor and a lighter tone. But just because it's not the type of film I'll really like doesn't make it a bad film. I have a feeling it's going to be good and do well.
>>
>>80414104
>Sensible discourse in discussion of the DCEU
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>caring about RT scores

for what purpose?
>>
>>80414104
>I prefer cape films with more humor and a lighter tone

I do too, but there's so many of these now that i welcome a different style.

Man of Steel's problem wasn't the tone of the film, it was the writing and editing like this guy said >>80414087

I really hope BvS is better in this regard, because if it is we're on to a winner. Visually it's gonna be the most impressive comic book film of all time.
>>
>>80414049
>'it takes itself too seriously, superhero movies should be light and fun''
God I fucking hate this, we can keep them from getting stale by leting them have unique themes instead of "EVERY MOVIE HAS TO BE LIKE THIS!"
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 912x916) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 912x916
>>80413976
It's not going to get a good RT score. Disney has pretty much bought a smear campaign to kill this movie and pay off reviewers. And even those not paid off will still go in prepared to hate the movie because media websites and sjws has pretty much framed WB/DC as worse than Hitler and should be bought by Disney because "Muh MCU".
>B-B-B-But WB owns RT
Owning RT doesn't mean they own the critics. And if owning the website meant they had any control over ratings then MoS wouldn't be so low.

Regardless of quality, this movie's RT score will not be Fresh.
>>
75-95
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 488x410
>>80413976
/co/ and /tv/ are never right about everything ever. If Deapdool got 84% then there's no way BvS will be lower than 80%.
>>
>>80413976
You're retarded if you think this won't reach Fant4stic tier ratings.
>>
>>80415216
No.
95% minimum of Fantastic 4 was incompetently handled.
While so far only 10% of BVS max looks POSSIBLY mishandled (going for campy Lex, revealing Doomsday in trailer)
Unless Wonder Woman gets gang raped and Superman tears Batman's heart out and laughs their is not a chance in the farthest depths of hell that will happen.
>>
>>80413976
the complaints most critics had on Man of Steel will probably carry over so I would say about the same maybe lower since there has probably been more reviewers added since then
>>
>>80415216
No
>>
>>80415216

MoS got 55-60, and there's no way this is worse. It can't be.
>>
69-50
>>
>>80414609
Fuck, this is disgusting. What is worse is that people are getting worked by it.
>>
>>80415815
I recently read an article that Snyder and Terrio actually worked into the movie the solutions to complaints people had about MoS. They also treated the civilians in BvS as being devisive about Superman in a way very similar to that of how the real world audience reacted (some finding destruction/killing unecessary vs that of being the only option). It really seems like they've come up with something great here
>>
New TV-spot with some footage of cocky Batman

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-222700004.html
>>
>>80416438
>Well, here I am
Looking forward to the context of this
>>
>>80414087
>The irony is that the people who complain about that just can't put their finger on why they actually didn't like it
I think the character arcs were inorganic. A kid from the midwest that's alienated from his peers, bullied, and micromanaged by his parents like Clark was in MoS doesn't grow up to be Superman. A kid like that grows up to be Dave Willis.
>>
>>80416613
But he grew up wanting to help people. He knew that with his powers he could make other people's lives better or even save them i.e. bus crash, oil rig or the waitress at the bar. His dad simply was scared how the world would react to finding out aliens existed (essentially all religions would shit the bed). It wasn't until Zod made his entrance did Clark believe he no longer had to hide.
>>
File: ooh ooh ahh ahh.jpg (90 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
ooh ooh ahh ahh.jpg
90 KB, 960x768
>>80415776
>>80415902
>>80415979
>Delusional DCfags grasping straws

Everything about this film looks like a disaster not unlike Fant4stic. It's gonna fucking Trank.
>>
>>80416788
>please pay attention to me
Whatever man
>>
>>80416438
Can't this fucking move just come out already?
>>
>>80416761
>essentially all religions would shit the bed
Heliocentrism and evolution never stopped them.
>>
>>80414193
>people gamble on who will win games, or Oscars or literally anything, not for the reward of guessing correctly, but because they care about what they are betting on
>>
>>80414087
>If Man of Steel had better editing and writing, people would have loved it.

I would have. It was like a bunch of vignettes strung together instead of a coherent story.
>>
File: 1419165287635.jpg (186 KB, 1432x1076) Image search: [Google]
1419165287635.jpg
186 KB, 1432x1076
probably around 70 (because Based Ben helped write and probably direct it)

It will be as good as any marvel movie but will get lower ratings...for some reason
>>
>>80414087
>If Man of Steel had better editing and writing, people would have loved it. It was never about the tone

Well, seeing how the writing was in fact the reason why I dislike the movie (because all the characters were dumb and Clark's arc was a disaster and the entire thing just didn't seem to work at all from a character interaction and plot angle) then yes, I suppose if you fixed the writing I'd have liked it. Because terrible, terrible writing was in fact what made the movie bad. The soundtrack was phenomenal, and the visuals were pretty goood. It's just the actual movie part of the movie hurt my soul.
>>
>>80416788
>Everything about this film looks like a disaster
I'm genuinely begging you to explain how it is possible to think this, NOTHING looks bad about the film in anyway besides Lex.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.