[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is he relatable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: eh.gif (1000 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
eh.gif
1000 KB, 500x545
How is he relatable?
>>
>>80409126
He made a tough choice and killed a man who would have destroyed the world, surely anybody else would do the same
>>
For god's sake man in the movie he drinks while watching football during a visit to his mom's place
He is one of the most relatable superheroes there is because he was raised as a regular person from a modest family. Just because he has his own set of problems due to physical doesn't mean he's psychologically not relatable
>>
File: 1434571686001.jpg (250 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
1434571686001.jpg
250 KB, 682x1023
He is just so perfect.
>>
>>80409126
I snap people's necks and spike vehicles everyday.

He is totally relatable to me.
>>
>>80409126
Farm kid who grew up in America's heartland.
How is Bruce Wayne relatable?
>>
File: supermanjoker.png (306 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
supermanjoker.png
306 KB, 600x300
>>80409220
>mfw Injustice was right.
>>
>>80409126
More relateable than a blueblood ninja with a butler and unlimited money, that's for fucking sure.
>>
He isn't.
They spent an entire movie showcasing that he was an alien outsider that wouldn't be happy until he found his extra-planetary heritage.
>>
>>80409126
With his cock in my mouth.
>>
>>80409260
>For god's sake man in the movie he drinks while watching football during a visit to his mom's place
Need more scenes like these and less super hobo.
>>
>>80409620
He likes the zorro, and 9/10 if tits are involved he won't think clearly.

>>80409739
They are both aliens m8. Superman and Batman friendship is result of both of them having really fucked up childhoods. It wasnt until adulthood that both (after the capes) became real people. Clark could never play with other kids, same for bruce, they both collect shit (thank god they didnt had pokemon). one put a cape on a dog and the other a mask. They are manchildren, Bruce had to became a father for people just like him and in the case of clark he just could have normal friendships (pete is a fag) when he could already separate superman from clark.

Both characters are bigger than life, the message is that even the ultimate ubermench and a god-man suffer from the same things as you: the wanting to belong, the feeling that you are doing something wrong, the love for family, the romantic problems.
>>
MoS's Supes can accomplish anything, but he doesn't know what is his destiny. Worse, he's afraid that he can only end alone, or even against humans.

Just like me.
>>
He's not ment to be relatable

hes suppose to lead by example, if you have """superpowers"" do everything you can to help and do the right thing and make a positive change to society
>>
>>80409768
Super hobo is always sympathetic too
For some reason the image of Superman being refused a hitchhike in both SMII and MoS always manages to get me
>>
>>80409620
he's a single dad trying to raise his adopted kids
>>
>>80410351
I'm pretty sure everyone in gotham believes he is the real father:

Playboy
Goes on exotic trips all the time
Adopts Blueeyed and greeneyed kids with black hair that look like him.

If i were a journalist i would claim he killed the mother of the kids and kept them.
>>
>>80409126
He always wears the same clothes permanently without washing them, like me.
>>
>>80409126

Has a normal 9-5 job, raised in mid-west/country fairly moral. Kind of average and not popular but has a huge hidden power.
>>
>>80409260
MoS Clark was raised by his father to be a disaffected sociopath but it didn't take.
>>
>>80409126
How is iron fist relatable? Daredevil? Iron man? Wonder woman? They don't have to be, who gives a shit.
>>
>>80410584
>MoS Clark was raised by his father to be a disaffected sociopath
No he was raised by his father as a normal human being with as little to do with his powers as possible
>>
>>80409260
Those are the most superficial things to find relatable.
Wow! he drinks! I drink too!
>>
>>80410602
>Daredevil

Cripple, so if you cripple you like him

>Iron man

Smug, so if you smug you like him

>Wonder woman

Lady, so if you lady you like him
>>
>>80409126
He's balding, like me.
>>
>>80410433
>merely killing the mothers
although I'd love it if they had some tabloid speculating about the mothers of his children and coincidentally nailing Bruce's relationship with Talia in every detail save her name and that he's Batman
>>
>>80410602
>who gives a shit.
You did, since you responded to him
>>
>>80409620
>>80409739
>b-b-but Bruce Wayne/Baman!

Not an argument, stop deflecting you stereotypical Superman fans.
>>
>>80410628
Anyone who presents letting people die in a situation you can easily prevent as a reasonable option is not advocating being a normal human being.
>>
>>80410738
>Anyone who presents letting people die in a situation you can easily prevent as a reasonable option is not advocating being a normal human being.

M8 that's literally what you are instructed as a firefighter and as a lifeguard. I don't know about the military.
>>
>>80410638
I was making a point about him having a normal lifestyle
>>80410738
Again I was making a general point about why Jonathan wanted him to hide his powers
The more severe case was also still justified though as Clark is not mature enough to deal with the reaction to Superman
>>
>>80410433
A short series dealing with a gossip magazine that takes place in the DV universe would be neat.
>>
Why does he have to be? "Relatable" isn't the same as "good."

I'm assuming your talking about Superman in general; Man of Steel is fucking dogshit, relatable or not.
>>
>>80410852
>The more severe case was also still justified though as Clark is not mature enough to deal with the reaction to Superman
That's kind of a shitty justification. Clark just isn't normal. He was never normal and will never be normal, and putting more emphasis on appearing normal over anything else just makes him less able to deal with the fact that he isn't normal. I mean honestly, what if he did let those kids drown when he knew for a fact he could have saved them? How does that make for a well-adjusted child?
>>
>>80409126

He's a just a normal guy with all the same problems as us.

He wasn't born handsome, or smart, or strong, or perfectly healthy, or charismatic, or with a perfect moral compass, or with a perfectly healthy childhood...oh wait never mind he was born with all of that, AND the powers of a god. He's literally written to be perfect in just about every way imaginable.

But he enjoys apple pie and helping people, so apparently he's pretty much just a regular guy trying to do good, just like us.

It's the rich guy with mental issues who dedicated his entire life to becoming as capable as possible who's overpowered and unrelatable.
>>
>>80410852
>I was making a point about him having a normal lifestyle
Tons of people do but that alone doesn't make Superman relatable, it's the deeper things.

People can relate more to Batman because of his obsessions or work ethic and dead parents shit, it's not because he's a billionaire.

People relate to someone like Saitama more than Superman cause of how unappreciated he is despite all he does and it's the story of a hobby turned profession gone bad.
>>
>>80411158
>Anime
>Relatable
You need to be over 18 to browse this site.
>>
>>80410902

Did any of the Robins go to school? I'm surprised Child services never investigated Bruce Wayne. Memes aside a man who adopts 3 kids in a row who all look exactly the same and keeps them all to himself in his mansion seems like some sort of pervert
>>
>>80411153
>He's a just a normal guy with all the same problems as us.

This. Morrison had it right when he said Supermans problems are the same everybody faces just on a massive scale
>>
File: tumblr_lxkdmmWNLY1r42mgpo1_500.jpg (111 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxkdmmWNLY1r42mgpo1_500.jpg
111 KB, 500x357
>>80409126
You don't really relate to Superman you just follow his example of heroism and morals, having powers and taking responsiblity and helping others whonis need, making a difference all that good stuff, he's ment to be a moral anchor probably just the same as Batman

People who tends to want something relateable are insecure.

BTW isn't Superman created as a Jewish golem analogy and to encourage Americans to fight the NAZIS in WW2?
>>
>>80411209
>saying this on the men's spandex chat room in the kids cartoon section of an Angolan toy commercial subreddit
>>
Hey guys! There's a new meme going around on /tv/

Supes can "read minds"

>>>/tv/66617676
>>
>>80409126
I'm also balding.
>>
>>80411158
People can relate to Batman because he tells a very human story in my opinion.
I think pretty much everyone in life thinks he has been victim of some kind of injustice or had to deal with something bad and tried hard to make the best out of it. It's that human connection of failure, unfairness and trying to get up again.

It's the same with Spiderman to be honest, anyone can related with his origin story and trying to live up to your errors.
>>
>>80411337
>BTW isn't Superman created as a Jewish golem analogy and to encourage Americans to fight the NAZIS in WW2?

No. Superman was created because Siegals father died in a robbery. So he wanted to create a man that would never let us down
>>
>>80411337
Superman was not created for that intent but his role was always more of giving the example, to give hope and show the way to be better.

Which is why he was huge during WW2 but the moment everything calmed down his popularity went down, people turned to Batman since he is more human and by that I mean someone with obsessions and flaws. Superman was always more of a symbol than a character, always presented as comic Jesus.

I'm sure if we enter WW3 people will go for Superman again.
>>
File: 1356462652077.jpg (13 KB, 200x223) Image search: [Google]
1356462652077.jpg
13 KB, 200x223
after reading one punch man
ive always pondered on the question that: "are superheroes SUPPOSED to be relatable?"

how am i supposed to fucking related to someone whos supposed to be my knight and shining armor?
isnt that the point of what being a super hero is?
that theyre there during your darkest moments to save your ass and kick some shit up?
>>
>>80410584

All Jonathan was doing was being an over concern parent trying to emphasize how important it is for Clark to hide his powers and not really knowing how to go about it. He was bad at explaining it because he has not yet told Clark he came from outer space and what huge significance that has on humanity. Plus he's just a farmer and not some wise old storytelling device that can whip out a great inspiring parable for any moral dilemma. Hence why it's awkward until he decides to tell Clark the truth about his origins, and manages finally to explain why it's important that he does not go around using his powers recklessly.
>>
>>80409620
I'm rich and punch homeless people for kicks
>>
>>80410654
>Cripple, so if you cripple you like him
Daredevil is only cripple in his eyes though. I wear glasses, so I can kinda relate.

I don't think if i was crippled in my hand or my dick I would find him relatable at all.
>>
>>80411463
When you live in times of peace and abundance, you ant entertainment rather than something to look up for.
>>
>>80411337
>BTW isn't Superman created as a Jewish golem analogy and to encourage Americans to fight the NAZIS in WW2?
no, i think they were just trying to make a living
>>
>>80411528
but thats our world

their world tells a different story
>>
>>80411496
Don't you have an election to worry about, Trump?
>>
>>80411568
Yeah but their world is dictated by the real one, I mean you want to do businesses. You can't do shit if no one buys your shit.
>>
>>80409126
He's what the ideal man is. I relate to him, and I can trust him.
(Not man of steel superman)
>>
>>80411258
>Did any of the Robins go to school?

All of them aside from Damian.

>>80411258
>Memes aside a man who adopts 3 kids in a row who all look exactly the same

They look like him. As someone said, everyone propably believes they are "mistakes" from his playboy life.

>>80411337
Nope. He was a new deal Paul Bunyan or John Henry.
>>
>>80411463
Idk, as I've gotten more into comics I read stuff just for good stories but I think a big part of why people are drawn to characters is definitely that they relate to them

Example, I always rooted for Wolverine and Vegeta namely because they are short and angry and so was I
>>
>>80409126
He's not, really. The farm boy thing only takes him so far. Real life farm boy would have to be a truly exceptional human being to even have half the clout of a Superman, but with regard to power and the options that power gives, it would still be no contest. Superman operates on a level above the heads of pretty much anyone, so looking for him to be "relatable" is barking up the wrong tree. You just kind of have to understand that some things weigh heavily on a Superman's mind, even if you don't have a real frame of reference for these things.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.