[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nick's Upfront is today. Got any predictions for what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
Nick's Upfront is today. Got any predictions for what's to come?
>>
>>80392255
what the hell is upfront?
>>
>>80392255
Man i have yet to come up with an idea worthy enough to be pitched for their shorts program, all i got is plot heavy action and thats not what theyre looking for
>>
>>80392662
Which is a shame. They want to compete with streaming services yet they keep rehashing episodic comedy shit that people forget about because they're so common.

They need to focus on long-term investment series. Serialized shit that can be binged watched when they sell rights to Netflix, DVD box sets, stories that will keep the hardcore fans invested and wanting to come buy and guarantee their money for merch.

Gravity Falls got super popular because it had a mystery question "Who is the Author?" that people kept tuning into in hopes that maybe they would reveal more.

Steven Universe has that same element of mystery where we tune in because we want to know "Who is Pink Diamond" or whatever the other billion questions are.

Avatar was successful because people got to invest time into the story and follow the characters and wanted to see their journey come to an end.

Venture Brothers manages to keep a fanbase despite 4-year long hiatuses because they ended up capturing a diehard fanbase (The true 1000 fans method) who have also invested so much time in the lives in these characters, they want to see it play out. Merch for VB, what little merch they have, sells out like fucking candy because of how cultish their fans are.

But no let's keep approving shit like Breadwinners, Sanjay & Craig, Cupcakery of Doom, and that stupid fucking Sausage piece of shit because we refuse to adapt to current trends and move from our talent scouting methods that were successful in the 90's. Fuck just reboot everything 90's fuck Nickelodeon.
>>
>>80393001
Hey im sure if you are well respected at nick theyd listen to any idea and you can even convince them that plot is good

I wana start somewhere, but nothing sticks so i guess if im too late i can try next year
>>
>>80393091
>Hey im sure if you are well respected at nick
>Same network who sabotaged Korra, sequel to one of their most successful franchises

I don't think the execs at that place have any close connection to the artists.
>>
hopefully good shows? honestly all i watch on nick is harvey sometimes

i like piggoat and especially respect the artistry but it's still kinda samey so i never go out of my way to watch it

other than that they're kinda dead to me, aside from maybe loud house, which is mostly for fancontent
>>
>>80392255
They pick up a show that sounds promising and will immediately abandon any support for it once airs.
>>
>>80393139
Nick really loved Butch when he started out and FoP became a bigger hit then they thought that they demanded an idea at a friendly dinner snd he got to pitch Danny Phantom
>>
More animated comedies that get cancelled after a year or two to make room for more Spongebob, and another two or three sitcoms from....uh, that guy who made iCarly...what was his name again?
>>
File: 1452629501489.jpg (34 KB, 290x288) Image search: [Google]
1452629501489.jpg
34 KB, 290x288
>>80392547
I believe it's just what their plans are for the rest of the year
>>
>>80393184
They were a different network, then. Different people in charge. At the time, they also gave Jhonen Vasquez a chance to make a cartoon because someone there loved Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and they spent a shit ton of money on Avatar to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon craze. They actually took a bit of chance on "Something for new audiences" back then.

Now they're just obsessed with 2-minute pilots that all follow the same guidelines and rehasing 90's shit.
>>
File: 1445651377952.jpg (57 KB, 269x435) Image search: [Google]
1445651377952.jpg
57 KB, 269x435
>>80393199
Reminder - Dan Schneider is a known foot fetishist, and during a promotion for Sam & Cat, he requested people send pictures of their feet with 'Sam & Cat' written on them.
>>
>>80393255
Fuck, I'm a retard. He asked on the official twitter account for people to tweet them photos.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 600x1005) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 600x1005
>>80392255
More like Nickelodeon Upchuck
>>
When is CN having their upfront?
>>
>2 Hey Arnold TV movies
Sweet
>>
>>80393413
so that's where gak comes from
>>
>>80392255

Break it down for me, /co/. How much of this will be/was devoted to more Spongebob Programming?
>>
>>80392255
Garbage.
>>
Whose excited for that live action legends of the hidden temple back story movie that literally no one fucking wanted.
>>
>>80394048

I am? Maybe?

Honestly I'm more concerned about what'll happen to TMNT.
>>
Man, there is always a anon that bitches how /co/ is full of CN fanboy and we always give shit to nickelodeon, but really, what does nickelodeon current have? the decent show are always in a horrible timeslot and then is the pure walking corpse of spongebob and FoP and shitty sitcoms
>>
>>80394048
I am, but mostly because I never watched the original, so I can go into it 100% cold.
>>
Hopefully there's a bit more focus given to Miraculous. They just gave it a much better timeslot (7PM Sunday evenings instead of 12PM Sunday afternoons) and the fandom is growing at a strong pace from what I've observed. It bodes well and should warrant some extra attention.
>>
>>80394697
is that show good or is it just a niche filling thing
>>
File: 1456456088809.png (671 KB, 723x900) Image search: [Google]
1456456088809.png
671 KB, 723x900
>>80394775
At the very least it's different from the rest of Nick's current fare. It's not the best and it's a bit formulaic right now, but it's entertaining enough, the main characters work well off each other and the action is pretty strong. Plus everyone seems infatuated with Cat Noir around here, and I do mean everyone.
>>
>>80392662
My pitch:
A female armadillo solves mysteries with a little help from her human butler who occasionally doubles as her maid who is a 9-12 year oldish boy.
>>
>>80394697
I had no idea that Nick even had that show.
>>
>>80395260
don't matter though cause the dialogue is extremely cringeworthy,probably something to do with french to english translations
>>
>>80394048
>backstory movie to a game show set that hasnt been relevant even in the whole 90's revival wave

Are they out of ideas already? Did the "Avengers Style Nicktoons Blockbuster" take that much thinking power to come up with that we gotta resort to the bottom of the barrel again?
>>
>>80394277
Okay, you want to know about the original show? There was a talking stone head that asked kids questions about a legend in history that was told, and then themes based on said legend for physical challenges and then they ran through a multi room obstacle course to win prizes.

There is literally no lore behind the talking stone head olmec or anything about the "hidden temple" it was a gameshow. Gameshows don't have lore.
>>
>>80397067
I know it was a game show, but I never watched it as a kid.
>>
>>80395842
That was fake
>>
CURRENT NICK ORIGINAL CARTOON RANKINGS

>God Tier
Classic Spongebob

>Great Tier
Harvey Beaks
Classic Fairly Oddparents

>Good Tier
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Pig Goat Banana Cricket

>Bad Tier (but very rarely, there is a good episode)
Neo-Spongebob
Sanjay and Craig

>Bad Tier (always garbage)
Neo-Fairly Oddparents
Breadwinners
Rabbids
>>
I'm still waiting for the premiere date for The Loud House.
>>
>>80397250
>Rabbids
Wait, what? You mean those little fuckers that use to be on the Game Stop commercials back in 09 JUST NOW have a cartoon?
>>
>>80397317
They had one a few years ago.
>>
>>80397317
It premiered in 2013.
>>
>>80397250
I'd put neo-neo spongebob (post-2nd movie) in okay tier
>>
>>80394048
I'd prefer they just bring the show back.
>>
>>80397265
I heard it's gonna premier after the KCAs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.