[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meteor Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: winston.jpg (41 KB, 464x700) Image search: [Google]
winston.jpg
41 KB, 464x700
Does /co/ remember the first black superhero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vybD1ArxwbY
>>
>>80373274
He was not the first as several others proceeded him but yes I remember him fondly.
>>
>>80373274
I want to be able to instantly read books just by touching them.

...only bad thing about that is that I might accidently touch a Twilight book by mistake some-time.

...sparkly vampires [shudder]...
>>
Blank man was a better hero.
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 800x1200
>>80373274
The guys in the video don't seem to know anything about hip hop or black movies...
>>
>>80373906

I still can't believe there was a house party 3, i kinda thought they only did two. No idea why though.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 500x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 500x763
>>80374080
Don't forget... They also has a cartoon

http://youtu.be/SX8xF5LEq9o

I'm just annoyed that the guys in OP's videos seem to think that hip-hop is all gangsta rap and black movies were all new jack city and "boys in tha hood" when most of either had much more range than that.
>>
I watched this movie for the first time last year on a cable channel and this movie was really weird. It ends with the bloods and the crips teaming up and beating the bad guys.
>>
The intro is literally 1:30 long. What is this, ANIME?
>>
>>80374490
I love what were they the golden lions? They had little kids in business suits and dye their fros blond
>>
>>80373274
The instant comprehension thing seemed an odd thing to just throw in with the rest of his powers.

Liked the radiation that fucked with cameras though.
>>
File: Blankman and Other Guy.jpg (24 KB, 350x248) Image search: [Google]
Blankman and Other Guy.jpg
24 KB, 350x248
>>80373274
I wonder... has that movie aged very well?
Or Blankman?
>>
File: brown-hornet_L21.jpg (41 KB, 632x480) Image search: [Google]
brown-hornet_L21.jpg
41 KB, 632x480
>>80374985
Townsend was only ever good for his HBO specials.

Blankman has to be better because it couldn't possibly be worse.

>>80373274
Yeah, I do.
>>
I really adore this movie. Blankman too.
I loved Meteorman or the fact that his powers were super limited and he had very little control of a few of them, but also the fact that even with all his power he couldn't stop the bad guys. It was only when everyone was on one accord did the bad guys fall.
I also like the part where he used his powers to make a garden grow to super size to feed people. You don't see enough heroes try to tackle a problem like hunger.
>>
>>80374985
I watched Blankman a few weeks ago and it totally stand up still. Funny movie.
Haven't seen Meteor Man in ages.
>>
>>80375383
Well, wasn't he a teacher or something? Makes sense for that kind of guy.
>>
Would you a Meteor/Blank shared cinematic universe? Who else would join? Who would they fight? The vampire in Brooklyn?
>>
>>80375687
Sounds like a shard comedy hero universe. Just drop in a bunch of heroes like Mystery Men who have quirky gimmicks and powers.
>>
>>80375383
Yeah, me too. I'm a sucker for that kind of stories

>>80375483
Yes he was
>>
meteorman is kind of a heartwarming little family thing, while blankman is goddamn funny in a weird proto-kickass kinda way that abandons realism as soon as he builds an intelligent robot out of trash, but the rest of the movie carries on as if realism is still firmly in place. which is fantastic. the general public's reaction to his batman-ass way of thinking is priceless.
>>
>>80375383
He was kind of The Greatest American Hero in a way. Weird how that character never had a name, herowise. He was just Mr. Hinkley and then Mr. Hanley when some Hinkley killed someone
>>
>>80377043
That chick was my first crush
>>
One of my favorite gags from Meteor Man was MM and the main bad guy using their instant book-reading powers to learn martial arts to fight each other, and they wound up touching a fashion magazine that made them start posing and shit.

Kinda like something outta Jojo, now that I think about it.
>>
okay, now I remember why I liked this movie so much. It's corny in the right way a superman ripoff should be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeUSaBFReo
>>
>>80379578

>hovering low on the ground because of his fear of heights

kek
>>
File: Ghettoman.jpg (19 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
Ghettoman.jpg
19 KB, 400x302
>>80373274

you Children know nothing about the first black Superhero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEwKOD1elfQ
>>
>>80373274
Meteor Man was a one of a kind movie.

>Black superhero that wasn't a mary sue
>Superhero movie in the hood
>Promotes unity and shows that if we stop bickering with each other and focus on the real enemy thing can be much better
>Actually helps people like >>80375383
>Didn't make it black vs. white
>Shows that hoods are not just filled with savages
>Didn't take itself too seriously

A movie like this could never be made today without the far left or far right destroying it .
>>
>>80379681
surely the gratest low-budget black superhero was THE SPECIAL MAN
>let 'em have it!
>>
>>80379741
the 80s was truly a fantastic time for that. that and Batteries Not Included. it was sympathetic to poor people without putting the blame on all the rich. but they still called a spade a spade, and we got great movies like trading places or The Super spearheading greedy exploitative assholes
>>
File: poster.jpg (161 KB, 557x640) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
161 KB, 557x640
>>
File: abar-first-black-superman.jpg (143 KB, 604x846) Image search: [Google]
abar-first-black-superman.jpg
143 KB, 604x846
>>80373274
thats not abar
>>
>>80380411
that afro is so ridiculous it circles all the way around back to perfect
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.